Thread: Alex Jones Downplays Connection To “Boston Bomber”

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    on days like this, i gottahh luv Alex Jones for the way he is putting a political distance
    between him and a certain fan of his who is clearly a fringe group person & psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    on days like this, i gottahh luv Alex Jones for the way he is putting a political distance
    between him and a certain fan of his who is clearly a fringe group person & psychotic.
    Clearly...?

If you turn off your TV and just go based off of pictures, I have no clue as to what is going on. It's a mess.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 04-23-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Yup, and how is your conscience?
    Have acts that would shame Satan
    done on your account, taken their toll?
    Last edited by bolil; 04-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

UPDATE: BuzzFeed’s Rosie Gray spoke with Jones on Tuesday who clarified that his radio show and his website are “anti-terror.”

Jones said that he has spoken with the Tsarnaev family and they think that the allegations against their sons are falsified by the U.S. government.

“They’re scared to death,” he said. “That whole family is genuinely shocked.”
    “They think it’s a setup,” Jones said, adding that “the State Department openly funds radical Islam in Dagestan.”
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I don't think that is downplaying anything. *shrugs*
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Well if Jones is inspiring terrorists then that put him in the same boat as Anwar Al-Awlaki.

Damn good idea to get out from under that umbrella.

People on this forum are slowly finding out they are on the same side as the Jihadis even though they don't believe the Jihadis exist or achieve anything.

I find this to be amusing.

What if it turns out the Rothchilds get their best ideas from listening to Jones' imagination?
    Last edited by idiom; 04-23-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    People on this forum are slowly finding out they are on the same side as the Jihadis even though they don't believe the Jihadis exist or achieve anything.

I find this to be amusing.
    I don't think that is happening at all. I think it is the opposite, Al-CIA-duh is run by the CIA, they help radicalize Muslims to do this kind of stuff so they can have a bigger budget and gut civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    What if it turns out the Rothchilds get their best ideas from listening to Jones' imagination?
    Nah, most of the stuff AJ talks about has been written about in books or portrayed, or legislated or discussed to be legislated.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    especially if our sitting president thinks that sen. rand paul speaks only for and to the third of the GOP who are rather traditional...

it really behooves alex jones to put a certain amount of social and political distance between he and a few of his more deranged fans...

FWIW, I've read that the older brother was radicalized by Anwar Al Awlaki's videos.

It's not like the bombs are Jones' fault. He should adamantly deny any responsibility for them. I don't see the big deal.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Downplaying?

You make it sound if he has a tangible connection to the guy. That would be like you posting in a thread with someone who was later found to have committed a crime. Would that make you "connected" to those criminal activities?

Weak trolling effort. Better luck next time.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    You make it sound if he has a tangible connection to the guy.
    If the standard of connectedness that AJ typically applies when pointing out various globalist conspiracies for his eager listeners were to be applied to this scenario it would have to be concluded the AJ was the mastermind of the Boston bombing. It is important to be consistent. :-)
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

in terms of A.J ---his words if taken literally in a bad translation might be a tad inflammatory, hypothetically...
    i do concede that point, but he did not ask for this at all nor has he caused me to think he is less presidential!!!
    Last edited by Aratus; 04-23-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: when english is not one's native tongue, often words are understood literally

Really? so now we have that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was an 9/11 truther and now an alex jones fan? you must kidding me. And this part is laughable.

Tsarnaev became an ardent reader of jihadist websites and extremist propaganda, two U.S. officials said. He read Inspire magazine, an English-language online publication produced by al-Qaida's Yemen affiliate.
    lol An al-Qaida's Yemen online Inspire magazine???

I love that you debunked that.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    "It's just standard," Jones said. "Anyone you talk to is familiar with my show. When I go out in public, half the people I meet in this country and in other countries too say they listen to my show. The show is bigger than the mainstream media admits."
    That sounds about right. Jones gets better ratings than the Superbowl and World Cup combined.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a win-win for Amerika.

They are trying to link the belief in 911 conspiracy theories and opposition to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to “radicalism”. The article on Huff Post describes a friend of this Tamerlan guy who got him into the Alex Jones stuff and a more orthodox Islam. Somehow, this automatically makes him a “radical”.

I don’t see any sense in someone who believes the govt. was behind 911 then knowingly participating in some terror plot himself. Does this even make a shred of sense?

I think Alex Jones is an alarmist and jumps to conclusions without all the facts. That being said, he does bring up important questions and he never scapegoats groups of people (unlike Beck and other wackos). He always takes an anti-war stance and to say he would influence someone to kill is completely ludicrous!

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    I don’t see any sense in someone who believes the govt. was behind 911 then knowingly participating in some terror plot himself. Does this even make a shred of sense?

I think Alex Jones is an alarmist and jumps to conclusions without all the facts. That being said, he does bring up important questions and he never scapegoats groups of people (unlike Beck and other wackos). He always takes an anti-war stance and to say he would influence someone to kill is completely ludicrous!
    You are correct, it doesn't make any sense. Alex Jones teaches that the government uses terror plots to further overseas wars and take our civil liberties, so a real terror plot would then also further overseas wars and take more civil liberties, which is antithetical to the goals of the suspect, who was at least apparently trying to curtail our overseas wars and as a US citizen I would think would be interested in maintaining civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You are correct, it doesn't make any sense. Alex Jones teaches that the government uses terror plots to further overseas wars and take our civil liberties, so a real terror plot would then also further overseas wars and take more civil liberties, which is antithetical to the goals of the suspect, who was at least apparently trying to curtail our overseas wars and as a US citizen I would think would be interested in maintaining civil liberties.
    I guess you could make the argument that they might strike at military/political targets if they're that dismayed with supposed government conspiracies, but a marathon of innocent people? Really I'm skeptical in just about any case where innocent civilians are targeted, but it makes absolutely no sense in this case for them to aim their supposed anger towards the government at fellow citizens.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    I guess you could make the argument that they might strike at military/political targets if they're that dismayed with supposed government conspiracies, but a marathon of innocent people? Really I'm skeptical in just about any case where innocent civilians are targeted, but it makes absolutely no sense in this case for them to aim their supposed anger towards the government at fellow citizens.
    Right, especially marathon runners, since both these guys were athletes themselves, I suspect they had more respect for fellow athletes than they did for your average couch potato.

Aj has this HUGE following that he keeps riddled with fear at all times, Im not saying he is a fear monger, he is a BEACON for negativity.

Imagine if he pushed positive resistance and organized his followers into a leaderless resistance? He could put millions in front of the white house, instead he outlines what will be "done to us" all day and says "we just gotta wait for jesus" at the end.

I wish I had his following, I'm trying on my own, but its very hard.
    Last edited by ZENemy; 04-24-2013 at 12:23 PM.

It's plausible. There were people in the 60's who saw Gilligan's Island, and were calling the Navy and Coast Guard, begging them to go search for those folks stranded on that island.

People see soap opera actors in real life and believe they are the characters they play.

And then, we have something like:

PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man has been accused of harassing at least a dozen families of the victims of the mass shooting in Aurora, Colo., telling them the killings didn’t happen or the caskets of victims were empty.

Kevin Purfield, 45, of Portland pleaded not guilty at Thursday’s arraignment on charges of telephone harassment and stalking counts, both misdemeanors. Multnomah County Judge Adrienne Nelson increased Purfield’s bail from $10,000 to $100,000 at the prosecution’s request and appointed Cate Wollam as his attorney.
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...ortland-police

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It's plausible. There were people in the 60's who saw Gilligan's Island, and were calling the Navy and Coast Guard, begging them to go search for those folks stranded on that island.
    Those people are called retarded. We have more now than we use to have thanks to mercury in vaccines and toxins in our food and water and other environmental hazards.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is it that Alex Jones likes to say- the more they deny it, the more true it must be? Does that apply to him as well?

in terms of A.J ---his words if taken literally in a bad translation might be a tad inflammatory, hypothetically...
    i do concede that point, but he did not ask for this at all nor has he caused me to think he is less presidential!!!
    especially if our sitting president thinks that sen. rand paul speaks only for and to the third of the GOP who are rather traditional...

it really behooves alex jones to put a certain amount of social and political distance between he and a few of his more deranged fans...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What is it that Alex Jones likes to say- the more they deny it, the more true it must be? Does that apply to him as well?

Zippyjuan... Bernie had the same sort of fannish problem the other day,
    Senator Sanders's photo was up on the shooter's FB page.

Alex Jones was on our big HDTV tonite...

Had to opine... I did.

And shall.

"It's just standard," Jones said. "Anyone you talk to is familiar with my show. When I go out in public, half the people I meet in this country, and in other countries too, say they listen to my show. The show is bigger than the mainstream media admits."

Jones — whose site has peddled conspiracy theories about the Boston Marathon bombing and suggested that Tsarnaev is innocent — conceded that Tsarnaev "may have actually been a listener."

"He could be a listener," Jones said. "It could be true. I've talked to the family and most of them are listeners. My show is anti-terrorism and my show exposes that most of the events we've seen have been provocateured."
    So he agrees it is likely he was a listener.

"I've seen this before," Jones said. "The federal government trying to connect me to tragedies. That's the media and the government's own conspiracy theories."

Jones compared the situation to when Richard Andrew Poplawski, a Pittsburgh man who killed three police officers in 2009, was shown to be a conspiracy theorist who frequently visited the Infowars website.

"It's standard for them to talk to people, go through computers, and any time someone's done something bad, they connect it to us," Jones said. In the case of Poplawski, he said, Infowars eventually showed they had nothing to do with him: "We went and showed that he was a white supremacist who hated me and was attacking me."
    Concocted what? He himself says it was likely he was a listener.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

The media and government can try whatever they want, I don't care. I am sick of them and sick of sheeple that believe them. They people who won't think for themselves, when I am sure they can, they are just too damn lazy to try, totally disgust me.

Alex Jones Downplays Connection To “Boston Bomber”

Buzzfeed is not hardcore neoconish but its editors got game.

Curious, did they generate any headlines about these connections? If not, why not?

Juan M. Thompson @JuanMThompson
    In '03 on a high school trip to DC I was obsessed w/@HillaryClinton.

Obama nonplays connection to mega-supporter charged with child sex abuse

Top Obama donor and US Ambassador to Belgium in child sex solicitation scandal