Thread: Did Irish banks just quietly "Cyprus" their account holders?

Did Irish banks just quietly "Cyprus" their account holders?

Hard to figure it all out with the heavy linkage but it's a big claim that deserves scrutiny.

http://boombustblog.com/blog/item/90...rusing-to-come
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was researching some of this last night. Ireland will be the next Cyprus, imo. AIB has enormous amounts of debt and their underlying collateral has lessened greatly.. Their balance sheet is a farce because of loopholes they use. I don't think they will make it through the summer. There may be a stock (or ADR) listed on one of the US exchanges that I am thinking of shorting after doing some more due diligence.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    - Jimi Hendrix

"If one rejects laissez faire on account of mans fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action."
    - Ludwig Von Mises, Planning for Freedom