Thread: So much fail from Jon Stewart and his gun control rant.

So much fail from Jon Stewart and his gun control rant.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...l-whoop-de-doo

Also note John Stewart's crowd cheers on current drug laws. Thought they were for the pot legalization, no more?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The gun grabbers know they are right. We know we are right.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post

Also note John Stewart's crowd cheers on current drug laws. Thought they were for the pot legalization, no more?
    Classic left-right paradigm syndrome.

The correct response to this is to create a counter video showing the dishonesty of Jon Stewart's reporting. The key thing to keep in mind is that while the homicide rate involving guns has indeed gone down, the overall violent crime rate has gone up. Piers Morgan likes to play the same silly game. Find a stat that supports his point of view and ignore all others.

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/?Article_ID=17847
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The laughter is because the gun rights spokesman got caught in a trap because he was making a libertarian argument without being a libertarian. Adam Kokesh would have said "Of course there's no point in having drug laws!"

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The correct response to this is to create a counter video showing the dishonesty of Jon Stewart's reporting.

Jon Stewart is a comedian, not a reporter.

Mr. Stewart and all other leftist types, no, just because guns aren't being used to commit crimes doesn't make the committing of crimes ok. Crimes are never ok (this is the problem with the left, they think it's ok to commit crimes, just don't be using a gun). Not everyone who owns a gun goes on mass shooting sprees, just like not everyone who owns a vehicle goes on mass running over people and smashing into things sprees or causes accidents. Has Jon Stewart gone to the CEOs of companies like Ford, GM, or Toyota to confront them about all the highway deaths that the product they put on the market are responsible for? What amendment is he going to put on a stop sign for them to hold up?

The only argument it helps to make is that drug laws won't work.

The hilarious thing about Piers Morgan and all these UK-Australia retorts, which I was previously unaware of but was recently enlightened to, is that these guys point at these countries and yell, look! Only 50 deaths per year compared to your 8000, guns are illegal, thus illegal guns = no gun deaths!

Here's the thing, though. They never refer to how many gun deaths there were BEFORE the bans. Gun deaths in these countries were ALREADY that low - lower in some cases, actually, as after the UK put in their ban in 1997 gun deaths doubled (from a whole 40ish to an 80ish)! And in Australia, the previous year their gun deaths were 60 (where half of them were pretty much due to this ONE specific mass shooting incident) and then when it goes down to 30, they cheer and yell, 'It works! Gun deaths down FIFTY PERCENT!'. These are statistical drops in the bucket compared to our 8000, the vast majority of which due to this completely absurd drug war.

I'm not even going to get into how bad their violent crime rate has spiked after the bans or how their 'gun crime' rate has jumped (as in, incidents where there are crimes involving guns but with no deaths). It is entirely bull$#@! to claim these low gun homicide rates are because of the gun bans when the numbers have barely changed since the ban.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of my favorite comedians -- it's too bad he stinks of communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-in-NY View Post
    Fine. Dishonesty of Stewart's comedy in this instance. Blowing off false information just because "They're just joking" isn't wise. I know people, otherwise intelligent people who still believe Sarah Palin said "I can see Alaska from my house" when that was a Saturday Night Life sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    The hilarious thing about Piers Morgan and all these UK-Australia retorts, which I was previously unaware of but was recently enlightened to, is that these guys point at these countries and yell, look! Only 50 deaths per year compared to your 8000, guns are illegal, thus illegal guns = no gun deaths!

Here's the thing, though. They never refer to how many gun deaths there were BEFORE the bans. Gun deaths in these countries were ALREADY that low - lower in some cases, actually, as after the UK put in their ban in 1997 gun deaths doubled (from a whole 40ish to an 80ish)! And in Australia, the previous year their gun deaths were 60 (where half of them were pretty much due to this ONE specific mass shooting incident) and then when it goes down to 30, they cheer and yell, 'It works! Gun deaths down FIFTY PERCENT!'. These are statistical drops in the bucket compared to our 8000, the vast majority of which due to this completely absurd drug war.

I'm not even going to get into how bad their violent crime rate has spiked after the bans or how their 'gun crime' rate has jumped (as in, incidents where there are crimes involving guns but with no deaths). It is entirely bull$#@! to claim these low gun homicide rates are because of the gun bans when the numbers have barely changed since the ban.
    The other problem is that they don't factor in non gun homicides / suicides etc. Does anyone really believe that someone who is intent on killing himself won't do it because he doesn't have a gun? The question the gun rights person should have shot back was "Well what happened to suicide by other means?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-in-NY View Post
    Well, he is in effect a reporter despite the attempt to hide behind the labels of comedian, satire, "fake" news, etc. Actions speak louder than words (even when those actions in question are themselves made up of words). What matters is that what he talks about is taken seriously or is a representation of the thinking or mindset of people. That's why I wonder if he has ever gone to the CEOs of car manufacturers to confront them about the problems that result from their product and has ever asked them to hold up a sign, like the one the guy is holding that says "2nd Amendment" on it. If Jon Stewart's mission is genuinely to be a comedian, then he ought to do that if he hasn't already, because it would be just as humorous to make fun using the people who are killed in car accidents as it is to make fun using the people who are killed by gun massacres.

The other problem is that they don't factor in non gun homicides / suicides etc. Does anyone really believe that someone who is intent on killing himself won't do it because he doesn't have a gun? The question the gun rights person should have shot back was "Well what happened to suicide by other means?"
    I know absolutely nothing about the guy myself, but I think we can agree they probably shopped around for someone they could make look stupid. That might not have even been the only interview they shot, and picked the one that turned out the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Desmond View Post
    Well, he is in effect a reporter despite the attempt to hide behind the labels of comedian, satire, "fake" news, etc. Actions speak louder than words (even when those actions in question are themselves made up of words). What matters is that what he talks about is taken seriously or is a representation of the thinking or mindset of people. That's why I wonder if he has ever gone to the CEOs of car manufacturers to confront them about the problems that result from their product and has ever asked them to hold up a sign, like the one the guy is holding that says "2nd Amendment" on it. If Jon Stewart's mission is genuinely to be a comedian, then he ought to do that if he hasn't already, because it would be just as humorous to make fun using the people who are killed in car accidents as it is to make fun using the people who are killed by gun massacres.
    You know, that's a great idea! Have someone proposing to get rid of all cars in order to save lives and the planet and....oh wait a minute. The libs might actually run with something like at.

Side note, I clicked on your YouTube link. Interesting stuff! Made with 3-D printers?

I know absolutely nothing about the guy myself, but I think we can agree they probably shopped around for someone they could make look stupid. That might not have even been the only interview they shot, and picked the one that turned out the best.
    You're most likely right. That's why the best way to counter this stuff is to make our own counter content.

I thought about the possibility that they profiled for someone, but not the possibility that they did other interviews; that's a good point. I have heard that the news media will interview dozens and dozens of people until they get someone who says something that fits in with their agenda, and this is kind of similar to that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, that's a great idea! Have someone proposing to get rid of all cars in order to save lives and the planet and....oh wait a minute. The libs might actually run with something like at.
    Yeah, good point. Doesn't it make you really wonder, though, if they don't take advantage of such a great opportunity for them, then why don't they?

Side note, I clicked on your YouTube link. Interesting stuff! Made with 3-D printers?
    Yes, they were made with industrial 3-D printers a while ago. I now have a Makerbot Replicator 2 that I'll be using to make more prototypes.

Yeah, good point. Doesn't it make you really wonder, though, if they don't take advantage of such a great opportunity for them, then why don't they?
    I think they're worried about the backlash. They need the SUV/minivan driving "soccer mom" vote. I heard in the news this week that the Volkswaggon Passat plant in my state is laying off workers. The problem? Well they ramped up at first because Passat sales were going through the roof. But lately buyers have been turning away from sedans and back to SUVs. I guess > $3,00 per gallon for gas has become the "new normal."

Yes, they were made with industrial 3-D printers a while ago. I now have a Makerbot Replicator 2 that I'll be using to make more prototypes.
    I look forward to it! I've finally started understanding Lego robotics after coaching a team for 3 years. (I always understood the programming side, but was at a loss on the engineering angle). I guess seeing your earlier Lego mockups made me think about that.

The laughter is because the gun rights spokesman got caught in a trap because he was making a libertarian argument without being a libertarian. Adam Kokesh would have said "Of course there's no point in having drug laws!"
    They were laughing at the guy almost failing into a logical inconsistency trap (he redeemed himself by finally saying that drug laws don't work either). Yet at the same time, all of those idiots in the audience still fail to see their own inconsistency.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What matters is that what he talks about is taken seriously or is a representation of the thinking or mindset of people. That's why I wonder if he has ever gone to the CEOs of car manufacturers to confront them about the problems that result from their product and has ever asked them to hold up a sign, like the one the guy is holding that says "2nd Amendment" on it. If Jon Stewart's mission is genuinely to be a comedian, then he ought to do that if he hasn't already, because it would be just as humorous to make fun using the people who are killed in car accidents as it is to make fun using the people who are killed by gun massacres.
    I am rather sure that if it was a national topic he probably would. I see what you are saying though.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYOP View Post
    One of my favorite comedians -- it's too bad he stinks of communism.
    I thought he was really funny like 5 - 10 years ago. His routine is getting pretty old though. Same with Colbert.

They were laughing at the guy almost failing into a logical inconsistency trap (he redeemed himself by finally saying that drug laws don't work either). Yet at the same time, all of those idiots in the audience still fail to see their own inconsistency.
    Yeah guess I took the audiences laughter the wrong way, still they were laughing at an issue many that many from genocide would never think is a laughing matter. Sad.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Fine. Dishonesty of Stewart's comedy in this instance. Blowing off false information just because "They're just joking" isn't wise. I know people, otherwise intelligent people who still believe Sarah Palin said "I can see Alaska from my house" when that was a Saturday Night Life sketch.
    I dare say that most people believe she said that.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I dare say that most people believe she said that.
    Just yesterday during a Senate hearing, Senator Amy Klobuchar made a joke about it, saying "I can see Canada from my porch".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    while i don't agree with many of Stewart's positions, he generally spends most of his time accurately (and hilariously) on solid ground. i disagree with him regarding the amount of gov't needed, but he's no idiot and his show is great. he just thinks gov't is good. i don't. but his assessment of most politicians and world events is spot on, subtracting that.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    The gun grabbers know they are right. We know we are right.
    Deep.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG