Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed:Miranda Rights Won't Be Read For Boston Bombing Suspect

Exclamation Confirmed:Miranda Rights Won't Be Read For Boston Bombing Suspect

Miranda Rights Won't Be Read For Boston Bombing Suspect: Justice Official

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular

WASHINGTON -- A Justice Department official says the Boston Marathon bombing suspect will not be read his Miranda rights because the government is invoking a public safety exception.

That official and a second person briefed on the investigation says 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will be questioned by a special interrogation team for high-value suspects. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to disclose the information publicly.

The public safety exception permits law enforcement officials to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation of a suspect and allows the government to introduce the statement as evidence in court. The public safety exception is triggered when police officers have an objectively reasonable need to protect the police or the public from immediate danger.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now, what remains unclear to me is this:

What happens if he does what anybody should do when in situation like this and shuts up?

Torture?

Beatings?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Now, what remains unclear to me is this:

What happens if he does what anybody should do when in situation like this and shuts up?

Torture?

Beatings?
    If it needs to come to that, he will be brought to Guantanamo. This is what Guantanamo was created for. To torture outside of US law outside of our borders.

well if he survives the bullet holes and hours of blood loss,,
    he will be tortured for information them shipped off to some hole as a "enemy combatant".

He has no trial coming anyway..his guilt has been decided.

God have mercy on us all
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

He's intubated and sedated. Just how much time can pass before this exception for immediate danger expires?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1

...Authorities have not publicly detailed the injuries sustained by the teen, but an official who has been briefed said Tsarnaev has been "intubated and sedated." The official also spoke on condition of anonymity.....
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

The best thing that can happen to him now is that he die in his drug induced coma.

So a guy in the coppers' custody is an immediate threat to the general public. That makes perfect sense.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ummm the rights don't need to be read because they are inalienable. Not being read Miranda 'rights' doesn't mean they cease to exist.

Looks like the word suspect is going the way of the words gay and war.

Suspect is being wrought into a synonym for known?
    Last edited by bolil; 04-20-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

Rendition
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

What difference does it make? It's probably all staged, anyway. For all we know, the 'suspects' could be laughing it up with the government officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldanga View Post
    So a guy in the coppers' custody is an immediate threat to the general public. That makes perfect sense.
    It's probably based on the idea that there could be unexploded bombs still out there. Anyway, more mind conditioned for us to accept further loss of liberties. Just tell your kids, if your ever arrested for anything keep your mouth shut. Don't say anything except "I want to talk to my lawyer." And perferably always have some lawyer in mind to talk to so they can't just send you in some incompetent boob.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It's probably based on the idea that there could be unexploded bombs still out there.
    And that it's worth eroding the Bill of Rights to thwart a handful of murders.

Quote Originally Posted by better-dead-than-fed View Post
    And that it's worth eroding the Bill of Rights to thwart a handful of murders.
    Oh, no disagreement there. Again people are under the illusion that one technicality always means the perp walks. Even in the Miranda, Mr. Miranda was eventually convicted on other evidence. If there is sooooo much evidence that this kid is the bomber, they could just interrogate him for 48 hours with the full knowledge that they weren't going to use any of those statements, or any evidence derived from those statements, against him and be done with it.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Oh, no disagreement there. Again people are under the illusion that one technicality always means the perp walks. Even in the Miranda, Mr. Miranda was eventually convicted on other evidence. If there is sooooo much evidence that this kid is the bomber, they could just interrogate him for 48 hours with the full knowledge that they weren't going to use any of those statements, or any evidence derived from those statements, against him and be done with it.
    I agree, but I go further in saying that if we want a Bill of Rights, we have to be willing to let some guilty people walk.

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    He's intubated and sedated. Just how much time can pass before this exception for immediate danger expires?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1
    That's torture right there. I am sure they are pumping him with morphine to sedate him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The best thing that can happen to him now is that he die in his drug induced coma.
    I really don't care too much what happens to this guy. But if he dies in a coma, the conspiracy crowd is going to go ape$#@! crazier, and that's something I do care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldanga View Post

It might make sense if the guys had been planting bombs all over the city for a week or so, and were detonating them sporadically for the 3 days after the marathon. But they weren't.

It's probably based on the idea that there could be unexploded bombs still out there. Anyway, more mind conditioned for us to accept further loss of liberties. Just tell your kids, if your ever arrested for anything keep your mouth shut. Don't say anything except "I want to talk to my lawyer." And perferably always have some lawyer in mind to talk to so they can't just send you in some incompetent boob.

Even when they are sent to Gitmo? The buzz talk this morning is that he should be sent to Gitmo. We know if he goes to Gitmo he'll admit to assassinating JFK after they torture him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I really don't care too much what happens to this guy. But if he dies in a coma, the conspiracy crowd is going to go ape$#@! crazier, and that's something I do care about.
    If's astounding the compassion you have for your fellow human being. But I know you believe the 'official story' and therefore this kid, in your mind, is an animal for what he allegedly did, right?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If's astounding the compassion you have for your fellow human being. But I know you believe the 'official story' and therefore this kid, in your mind, is an animal for what he allegedly did, right?

I want him to get a trial, if that's what you're asking.

Even when they are sent to Gitmo? The buzz talk this morning is that he should be sent to Gitmo. We know if he goes to Gitmo he'll admit to assassinating JFK after they torture him.
    Thankfully Gitmo is still the exception and not the rule. Everyday people get screwed over by talking to the police when they don't have too. If you're being tortured in Gitmo...well obviously you've reached a point where nobody cares about your rights anyway.

I want him to get a trial, if that's what you're asking.

And you think this trial will be fair? This was trial by media--he is already convicted and may get a death sentence very soon. If he dies many people will cheer just like the idiots in Boston who gleefully cheered his arrest and apprehension. A good majority of people will be relieved if he dies so their taxes are not wasted on a silly trial and some bleeding heart shyster gets him off.

And you think this trial will be fair? This was trial by media--he is already convicted and may get a death sentence very soon. If he dies many people will cheer just like the idiots in Boston who gleefully cheered his arrest and apprehension. A good majority of people will be relieved if he dies so their taxes are not wasted on a silly trial and some bleeding heart shyster gets him off.

OJ got a not guilty verdict. But you don't think he even stand trial?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OJ got a not guilty verdict. But you don't think he even stand trial?
    Oh no, he was considered the suspect and he was arrested and brought to trial. He got the best attorneys money can by--the dream team.

I am all for jury nullification.

"Better one hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be condemned." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by donnay; 04-21-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Oh no, he was considered the suspect and he was arrested and brought to trial. He got the best attorneys money can by--the dream team.

I am all for jury nullification.

"Better one hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be condemned." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Jury nullification? You think the jury should find that the law that prohibits detonating explosives in crowds should be nullified?

I don't think there should be exception for terrorism. Process him the same way. There isn't that much difference to suggest we would lose valuable information if we try him as a criminal.

Disclaimer free marker police and courts would do a better job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Jury nullification? You think the jury should find that the law that prohibits detonating explosives in crowds should be nullified?

The American people have a double standard. How many times has our government ordered explosives to be detonated in a crowd overseas?

A fully informed jury...not a fully controlled jury.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." ~ Thomas Jefferson

At some point in time, there was a presumption of innocence in this country. The burden of proof is on the state. None of the conjecture we've been fed is material to what actually occurred. The trial should be public, but it won't be, under the aegis of "national security". The kid will be black-bagged.
    Conspiracy theories grow like mushrooms...only when they feed us $#@! and keep us in the dark.
    Last edited by otherone; 04-21-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I don't think there should be exception for terrorism. Process him the same way. There isn't that much difference to suggest we would lose valuable information if we try him as a criminal.

Disclaimer free marker police and courts would do a better job.

So you are okay with mercenaries? Those loyal to a paycheck rather than justice?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast