Thread: looking for MEGADETH original RUST IN PEACE CD

looking for MEGADETH original RUST IN PEACE CD

i have the remastered version and its great but i want the original the way it was originally recorded. when mustaine re mixed for better sound, they couldnt locate the original vocal tracks so he had to re sing them. it sounds close but it isnt the same and doesnt have the same raw intensity he had in 1990. songs like "five magics", and "take no prisoners" are prime examples.

anyone here have a copy i could purchase?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I probably have it in my old box of junk. I'll check through it and see and give it to you if'n you want it. I never really liked Megadeth anyhow but I know I have some. May not even be opened. The box o junk happens to have been recently rummaged through I see. Junior pulled up today cranking one of my old cd's. I was like lookit what you found. Heh...

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-15-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Ya checked ebay yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This bugs me...

Worst case for me?

Cheap Trick Live at Budokan.

When Cheap Trick at Budokan was first released on compact disc in the U.S., first pressing contained a slightly different, possibly an unpolished mix of the concert. Notably the guitar trade offs of "Ain't That A Shame" were obviously different from the vinyl release
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheap_Trick_at_Budokan

I wore that album out, in 1978 when it came out, and bought a another vinyl copy.

Then bought the CD and noticed right away that it was NOT the same recording as the vinyl.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 hour of bidding time left at ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rust-in-Peac...item5d3d3540ec
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

yes let me know. ill take it! if u have anymore to give ill take those to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I probably have it in my old box of junk. I'll check through it and see and give it to you if'n you want it. I never really liked Megadeth anyhow but I know I have some. May not even be opened. The box o junk happens to have been recently rummaged through I see. Junior pulled up today cranking one of my old cd's. I was like lookit what you found. Heh...

ill have to hook up myy good speakers and check out the youtube link AF. i NEED perfect quality. lol i am an audio junkie.

i HATE this whole idea of changing recordings in later pressings. and the way most things are mixed nowdays at insane levels just kills the depth of the music. i despise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This bugs me...

Worst case for me?

Cheap Trick Live at Budokan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheap_Trick_at_Budokan

I wore that album out, in 1978 when it came out, and bought a another vinyl copy.

Then bought the CD and noticed right away that it was NOT the same recording as the vinyl.

I forgot about this. I'll have to check tomorrow some time.

If you have a city or cities nearby with plenty of population, you might try some pawn shops. I've gotten a lot of old CDs at pawn shops for a couple bucks each.
    "Some supporters of the war use their religion to justify the war. Evidently, I’ve been reading from a different Bible." — Ron Paul
    “I'm supportive of all voluntary associations and people can call it whatever they want.” ― Ron Paul

My crazy whistling YouTube channel
    My crazy whistling music on iTunes

Get the original vinyl for best version. I'm listening to the new Bowie on vinyl and it kicks ass.
    Last edited by ctiger2; 04-16-2013 at 09:25 PM.

I'm pretty sure I had it but when I was a teen I had my CD collection stolen twice.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thank you sir
    I forgot about this. I'll have to check tomorrow some time.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    thank you sir
    All I had was a few cassettes from Megadeth. Pretty bad shape too. Sorry. Thanks though because I also found 2 silver pennies I had stashed when I was younger. I remember my dad telling me I should keep them because they'd be worth a few dollars later on but never really thought much about them after that. In fact I'd forgotten about them all together.

cool. pics of pennies?
    All I had was a few cassettes from Megadeth. Pretty bad shape too. Sorry. Thanks though because I also found 2 silver pennies I had stashed when I was younger. I remember my dad telling me I should keep them because they'd be worth a few dollars later on but never really thought much about them after that. In fact I'd forgotten about them all together.