Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Some sort of explosion near the Boston Marathon Finish Line reported on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    Not going to be shocked if the government uses this as an excuse to justify drones in the skies.
    Who said they need to justify them to do them anyway? Hell they're probably flying as we speak.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    No connection to North Korea? Just wondering.
    Be serious.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Gold and silver crashing and now this on the same day?
    The Dow is crashing too. Gold may end up relatively better. Then this happened.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Bloomberg News ‏@BloombergNews now
    Boston police say 'secondary devices' still being found: @BostonGlobe | http://bloom.bg/116ydhC
    that was quick! it's almost like they knew where they were?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually it was Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Sounds about right. Right wing, religious fundamentalist, anti-government, gun owners set off bombs at the Boston marathon is probably how it will be spun.
    Michael Ditto @janus303
    Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion. No injury reports, she's locked down w/ one

For Liberty!

Alex says at 5pm they will go live for free on PrisonPlanet.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The Dow is crashing too. Gold may end up relatively better. Then this happened.
    I already have my tinfoil hat on.

Boston explosions to distract from a big bank about to fail?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I wonder which rights we'll lose this time.

Our masters haven't released their fiction yet, so no, no alleged connection to North Korea or other boogeymen as of yet.

My brother is working the scene, apparently around 20 are dead so far. Sad day.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

are the newtown family members on tour or something? can you buy t-shirts? who's opening?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Patriot's Day is on the 19th, but as I scanned the headlines, it looks like Charlie Wilson has died at the age of 76.
    Also at the age of 70 a congressman from Ohio who also is named Charles Wilson has died at the age of 70. The
    recent Tom Hanks movie highlighted the life of the colorful congressman from Texas who once went to Afganistan.
    The race could have been run on the 20th instead of Income Tax day, perhaps. Until this tragedy, today had been
    quiet, and the weather was not too hot. Almost ideal conditions for the marathon. People have been badly injured.
    I believe Patriot Day falls on the third Monday of April. They said the students don't have school etc.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Hey, let's not be extremist conspiracy theorists yet.

Seriously, we know pretty much nothing about what happened except for the fact there were explosions. I like to think that as libertarians we're capable of waiting for sound information before passing judgment.

Alex's news director's brother was in the race and works for the military or something. Jones is freaking out CALL HIM CALL HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    From EMS/Police radio:

- May have found incendiary device at UMass Boston's JFK Library

^ that's not near Boylston street, where all other explosions occurred.
    the JFK library is several miles away from Boylston and is located on the waterfront.
    this is looking like a group timed this all, even though the faster marathoners already
    had reached the finish line. we can guess at the motive or reasons and the race has
    been suspended. I'm actually quietly depressed and shocked over this. I had briefly
    looked at coverage of the marathon at around noon, and then went onto other things.

unconfirmed reports of fire at JFK library

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Alex's news director's brother was in the race and works for the military or something. Jones is freaking out CALL HIM CALL HIM!
    Appraently Mitt Romney's son was running as well. They mentioned his twitter where he said he caught a cab a little before it happened.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

They pulled out Alex's news director's brother-in-law from the race before the explosion

"very odd"

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    They pulled out Alex's news director's brother-in-law from the race before the explosion

"very odd"
    Important to point out that the guy is in whatever law enforcement/security agency (didn't catch which one myself yet i just tuned in)

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by VoteRandPaul2016; 04-15-2013 at 09:03 PM.

The amount of paranoia, delusion and fear being promoted in this thread is frightening.
    Schiff the Fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevin

It's crazy that the really high inflation STILL hasn't happened. Don't get me wrong. I agree with Peter Schiff that it is going to happen and that the longer they kick the can down the road the worse it's going to be, but every year since 2009 I think, "Okay, this year gold is going to fucking skyrocket" and the last couple years it hasn't gone up much at all!

Police there are shutting down cell phones so they don't trigger bombs. I guess they found some. Also probably keeps the texting and tweeting down.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by bbjaylive View Post
    The amount of paranoia, delusion and fear being promoted in this thread is frightening.
    Meh, live and let live.

Last edited by VoteRandPaul2016; 04-15-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Sounds like DHS and their mobile "Backscatter-Z" vehicles will be implemented in all cities across America to X-Ray anything & everything.

Ironically, American Science and Engineering, Inc. is located right their in Billerica, MA

http://as-e.com/products-solutions/m...ents-security/
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-15-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bbjaylive View Post
    The amount of speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Brainwashed people immediately discount the only possible suspects who could benefit from this incident. You are such an obvious troll, didn't they train you not to give so many tip-offs so soon? You're supposed to ingratiate yourself for a while to try and blend in, first.

Shut up. Just shut the hell up. You base your opinion on nothing, and are just as bad as the idiots that will rush to blame this on people like us.

Goddamit, people like you are $#@!ing infuriating. This is a tragedy. Let it be a $#@!ing tragedy for a $#@!ing minute, and not a conspiracy. Your baseless comments are pathetic.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 04-15-2013 at 02:13 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do they spin explosions to help pass gun control? I feel bad for the victims, but that was the first thing that popped into my mind.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    My brother is working the scene, apparently around 20 are dead so far. Sad day.
    I think he meant injured:

Sean Davis ‏@seanmdav now
    From official Boston Police Dept. account. RT @Boston_Police 22 injured. 2 dead #tweetfromthebeat via @CherylFiandaca

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast