Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Some sort of explosion near the Boston Marathon Finish Line reported on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    It's pretty obvious it's the same woman and same picture.... what are the details surrounding this story?
    Someone messed up and posted the wrong photo, either on purpose or on accident. Not sure if it was really on TV or not.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Someone messed up and posted the wrong photo, either on purpose or on accident. Not sure if it was really on TV or not.
    Yeah, it really would have helped if they hadn't cropped the time out of the second photograph.

FaF imho. Moxnews would probably have it recorded if it did air.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Drones

An animated graph of drone attacks in Pakistan alone:
    www.drones.pitchinteractive.com
    produced by
    www.thebureauinvestigates.com

Last week there was an “Obamadrone” attack in Afganistan which killed 12 children. A friend of mine in Boston – who had been 100 feet away from where the first bomb exploded and only five minutes before he and his girlfriend had gone to the Copley Plaza Hotel behind the Public Library in order to use the bathroom! – tells me his first thought was that the Marathon attack might have been by a Moslem student in reaction to the drone attacks, that the one last week was the trigger.

To go off on a tangent: If so, what is that Moslem doing studying here – for the most part at U.S. taxpayer expense – if he has good reason to hate the U.S. government and the stupid, ignorant Americans who cluelessly support it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I talked to a defense contractor today and he thinks the pressure cooker type bomb is a sign that it is a Weather Underground style, left wing attack.

We haven't heard ANYTHING about a political motive here, which is why it wouldn't remotely surprise me if the attack was done by a left-winger.

My suspicion is that if the media or progressive pols had an feeling it was a RWNJ, we'd all know about it already. Since we know nothing, well....

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    We haven't heard ANYTHING about a political motive here, which is why it wouldn't remotely surprise me if the attack was done by a left-winger.

My suspicion is that if the media or progressive pols had an feeling it was a RWNJ, we'd all know about it already. Since we know nothing, well....
    The only political motives I'm hearing pretty much on all of the major networks is the suggestion that it was possibly homegrown, and possibly significant being on Patriots Day/tax day in Boston, close to the anniversary of the Oklahoma city bombing... So either the media is hoping it was homegrown and a right winger, and wants to hint at that scenario, or it's some form of misdirection as such... which means it was very probably neither homegrown nor a right wing nut job. Could be left wing nutjob, but that's still assuming it was necessarily "homegrown" and I'm still skeptical of that as well.

I don't see it being a right winger. If it was, it would've been a government building, not a marathon.
    Rand Paul 2016

If it was a "Political Statement",,, Where is the statement?
    Where is the Demand?

There is been no claim by any groups or individual.

Ponder that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    It's pretty obvious it's the same woman and same picture.... what are the details surrounding this story?

My bet is that the station pulled the wrong file photo. The page at snopes is keeping a running list along with the other stuff:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/boston.asp

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/17/news...source=cnn_bin

[...] Three people were killed at the Boston Marathon on Monday, including an 8-year-old boy, and 183 were wounded by two bombs that exploded in a crowd of spectators near the finish line. Some of the injuries resulted in amputations. The FBI is still looking for the suspect who set the bombs.

A host of conspiracy theories have appeared on the Internet following the Boston Marathon attack, just as they did after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., last year.

The general theme of the theories is to claim that the attacks didn't happen, while ignoring the overwhelming evidence that they did.
    more at link

anyone listening to alex jones right now?

says he found video of the suspects and it looks like a black-op

story breaking....

Hey, I posted something that turned out to be very true. I was told that THEY would make it look like Muslims did this.

King, all the media coverage I've seen has been talking about radical Islamists and jihad.
    Rand Paul 2016

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    King, all the media coverage I've seen has been talking about radical Islamists and jihad.
    I don't watch the news, but from what I understand, that is not true -- as it first happened, there were many discussions about it being a RWNJ within the media, particularly with references to Patriots Day and OKC.

WASHINGTON—In the wake of Monday’s terrorist bombing at the Boston Marathon, sources reported today the internet had come up with approximately 8.5 million leads on who might have committed the deadly terrorist attack.

According to reports, in the hours and days since the bombing that killed 3 and injured countless others, internet users quickly took to social media sites, online news comment sections, and personal blogs to examine the evidence related to the crime and are, at press time, investigating over 8 million potential suspects.

“Photos taken at the scene clearly show a man on the roof in the background,” Twitter user David Albrecht wrote on his feed Tuesday night in one of the millions of possible leads currently being pursued on the internet. “Still unclear if he’s involved in the attack or just an eyewitness.”

“Definitely suspicious though,” a follow-up tweet concluded.

Among the 8.5 million leads that have been reported by internet users this week are the theory that the attack was carried out by a Saudi national currently in the hospital, along with suggestions that the Saudi national is actually aiding police with the investigation, and still other speculations that there is so Saudi national at all and that it was either an American right-wing extremist or an American left-wing extremist.

Additional investigations by internet users have found that the attack was committed by either a lone attacker, a right-wing militia, a single Islamic jihadist, a consortium of Islamic fundamentalist groups, the U.S. Federal Reserve, North Korea, the Boston Police Department, the anti-gun lobby, the pro-gun lobby, or the marathon’s organizers.

Sources confirmed that all of the 8.5 million theories have yet to be verified.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/int...potenti,32095/

Chechnya is a Muslim region of Russia and has a lot of radical terrorists. If the older brother traveled to Russia and has family from there it would not be surprising that he was influenced by all this. He did describe him self as Muslim. I wonder what got his brother into it since reports put him as a successful kid.

The race is irrelevant as far as who should lose their civil rights. Nobody should. But it is relevant to understanding blowback and how we can make sure this never happens again. Only problem political leaders and academia will not pursue this solution. Their vested interest is in keeping this going and whether they mean good or not they can easily rationalize this away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

No Miranda rights for the terrorist/AMERICAN CITIZEN...Wooooooo Justice.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627