Thread: 15 Afghan/US troops killed in Afghanistan

15 Afghan/US troops killed in Afghanistan

In separate incidences.

13 Afghan soldiers killed in ambush, official says

By CNN Staff
    updated 9:19 AM EDT, Fri April 12, 2013

(CNN) -- Thirteen Afghan National Army soldiers were shot and killed and one was injured Friday in the Naray district of eastern Kunar Province in Afghanistan, along the Pakistani border, a local official told CNN.
    They were ambushed around 5 a.m. local time, the official said.
    The Taliban sent an e-mail to media outlets, including CNN, taking responsibility for the attack.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/12/world/...led/?hpt=hp_t2

Two US Troops Killed In Afghan Helicopter Crash ID’ed

Friday, April 12, 2013

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jarett Yoder (left) Chief Warrant Officer Matthew Ruffner (right)

Chief Warrant Officer 3 Matthew Ruffner, 34, and Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jarett Yoder, 26, were killed April 9 when their AH-64 Apache Helicopter crashed in Afghanistan during a reconnaissance mission.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/apr/12...er-crash-ided/

What exactly these 15 lives were lost for when Obama's puppet masters are also pursuing "peace talks" with Talibans in Qatar through the corrupt king Karzai and other dictator kings?

In latest insider attack, an Afghan soldier injured two NATO troops when he attacked their vehicle with an RPG:

U.S. troops kill Afghan civilian

KABUL, Afghanistan, April 10 (UPI) -- At least one Afghan civilian died and another was injured Wednesday when U.S. troops attacked a civilian bus in Herat province, officials said.
    The bus was traveling on the Kabul-Herat highway in the Adraskan district in western Herat province when it got close to a convoy of U.S. troops, Khaama Press said.
    The reason for the attack was not reported.

Meanwhile, authorities in Cheghcharan city in western Ghor province said two NATO-led coalition troops were injured Tuesday when an Afghan security service member opened fire on them.

An Afghan soldier fired a rocket-propelled grenade at one of the vehicles, injuring the two soldiers, Khaama Press reported. One soldier is in critical condition.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...2951365602830/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the pilots killed:

Newlyweds Apache helicopter pilot Jarett Yoder and Heather Garay-Yoder were married July 2012. "This is my second time deploying, I just want to go over and get back home," Yoder said in August 2012. Jarett Yoder was killed in Afghanistan in April 2013

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...cant_stop.html

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Thank you Tsai for adding a face to often faceless victims of this war almost ignored by much of America except perhaps by their familiies and near ones.
    My Congressman tweeted a speech he gave honoring a fallen soldier and I replied back stating we need to bring them home. He then called me out by saying it was tacky and poor form of me to invoke the soldier's death to make a political point.

The next day he goes on to tweet "they deserve a vote" (referring to the Newtown tragedy) and I told him not to invoke the tragedy to make political points otherwise we should be having a discussion about Afghanistan and he blocked me on twitter right after.

These politicians who only talk about Afghanistan when they get to show that they support the military by honoring the fallen really piss me off.