Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looks like Nancy Mace may be primarying Lindsey Graham-with Tom Davis's blessing

Quote Originally Posted by wormyguy View Post
    2010, when Mike Lee defeated Bob Bennett and Joe Miller defeated Lisa Murkowski [in the primary].
    Mike Lee won in a convention but yes you're right about Miller but then she ran a write in campaign and beat him!

So let me re-phrase:

'When was the last time someone with no political office beat an incumbent senator in a primary and then actually served in the senate?'
    Last edited by itshappening; 04-19-2013 at 11:54 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    I just realized her business doesn't just do PR and marketing, but it also does political consulting and has done web design for SC politicians. So, shes no stranger to politics. I would support Lee Bright, but its seeming more and more like Nancy Mace would be the stronger candidate.
    How do know you she'd be "stronger"?! This is naive. She's a political neophyte and Graham will likely crush her. He'd crush Bright too but it's less likely. He's got a record, ran campaigns, less likely to stumble and most importantly isnt associated with the insulting FITSNEWS
    Last edited by itshappening; 04-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    How do know you she'd be "stronger"?! This is naive. She's a political neophyte and Graham will likely crush her. He'd crush Bright too but it's less likely. He's got a record, ran campaigns, less likely to stumble and most importantly isnt associated with the insulting FITSNEWS
    I don't know for sure, but whoever decides to run it will probably be a joint decision between Davis, Bright and Mace. So if Mace were to run I think it's reasonable to say they feel she would have the better chance. Graham is a savvy politician with a lot of money, but he's very vulnerable at the moment, maybe the most vulnerable Republican incumbent senator running for re-election in 2014.

Not many national Republican politicians are going to endorse her or campaign for her or bright, except for maybe Mark Sanford. I don't think any liberty Republicans like Rand or many of the US congressmen in SC are going to pick a side in the primaries, but quite a few state legislators in SC could endorse and campaign for either Mace or Bright. I'm thinkin' if Mace runs she will have her Dad publicly endorsing and campaigning for her, you have to admit in a state like SC that's huge.

Lee Bright will endorse her and maybe campaign for her and that could give her some credibility to religious-right voters who decide her association with Fitnews is a problem.

Looks like this neocon just announced:
    http://www.richard-cash-for-senate.com/

I hope he withdraws, Lindsey will win if he doesn't drop out!

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post

If there is a runoff it probably won't matter.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    'When was the last time someone with no political office beat an incumbent senator in a primary and then actually served in the senate?'
    Good question. Nobody off the top of my head. The closest thing I can think of is Sarah Palin's gubernatorial election where she beat the incumbent in the primary. But she's a former Mayor.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Whoever comes out of the gate strongest gets my donation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post

From his site:
    "while avoiding conflicts and entanglements in which we have no vital national interest"

He's clearly not a neoconservative. Probably more of a religious right type. If Bright beats him and Graham gets <50%, then his support will go to Bright. I don't seem going to Mace though, she seems too socially liberal.

Can we just please get someone in the US Senate who will be even more pro-liberty than Rand? Don't stop raising the bar. How's that Greg Brannon's chances looking? I doubt he would be as libertarian as I'd like, but seems pretty similar to Rand. This Nancy Mace sounds pretty good too. I'd be excited if we could just get one or two more TRUE LIBERTY CANDIDATES (not Ted Cruz or Jim Demint) into the Senate.

"We just talked to US Senator Rand Paul. Get excited."

https://www.facebook.com/StandWithNa...42159679257954

It is still unclear the relationship this page has with the Mace campaign.

Very interesting thread from 2013

Mace is front runner for SC-1. We need to support her

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234