Thread: Governor of Connecticut: "Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Governor of Connecticut: "Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-unbelievable/

"Ninety-two percent of the American people want universal background checks. I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. Why should you be able to buy a gun? Or buy armor-piercing ammunition? It doesn’t make any sense"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't armor piercing ammo already illegal for civilians?

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    Isn't armor piercing ammo already illegal for civilians?
    Yes, and they know it.

Just more willful spreading of propaganda.

I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me.
    You should be able to, guv.

It's called "freedom".

But you wouldn't know about that.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Governor of Connecticut: "Why should you be able to buy a gun?"
    I could tell you, Guv - but then you'd have me arrested.

Which would only prove my point ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You should be able to, guv.

It's called "freedom".

But you wouldn't know about that.
    No, HE shouldn't. He wants to take away our rights, and has done so to the people of Ct. As such, he has none. WE should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I could tell you, Guv - but then you'd have me arrested.

Which would only prove my point ...
    I wish I could give this one than +1...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    No, HE shouldn't. He wants to take away our rights, and has done so to the people of Ct. As such, he has none. WE should be able to.

I wish I could give this one than +1...
    Careful with that one. Advocating freedom for SOME is still a dangerous concept, no matter who the "some" you had in mind happens to be.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

If I can find a seller willing to sell me anything that's potentially dangerous without a background check, why should anyone be able to stop that transaction?

And how would they do that except with guns? And who would want to sell guns to people that have such a mental illness that they think they can go around and tell people what things they can and can't buy and sell?

Therefore anyone who wants to enforce these regulations should not be allowed to buy guns, and then the regulations lose all enforcement potential.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're in the wrong New England, Mr. Malloy.

May I recommend moving to New England, Australia?
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me.
    The implication in this statement is, of course, that he believes that by virtue of being the Governor of Connecticut he should be of elevated status, and should not have the same rules applied to him. The reason we need firearms is to defend ourselves from people who think this way.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

CT's Pussy In Chief... erm, I mean governor asks why should I be able to buy a gun.

The answer is rather simple: it is one of the many things that free men do and for which they are not required to ask permission of anyone.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

$#@! connecticut...why would ANYONE want to ever go there..."global warming" will take care of these nutz
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Actually its a shame because its a beautiful state.

There's no way those statistics are right. Ninety-two percent want universal background checks? There's just no way. There's got to be more NRA members and supporters than just 8%. The reason I say that is because I used to sell NRA memberships over the phone and the "universal background checks" was part of the script as something the NRA was fighting. If only 8% of Americans believe in that, then there's no way they would put that in the script.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This dude is a complete cretin.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Ask him about voting without identification? heh.

Let me translate the quote in the OP:

Why should people be able to protect themselves from government, with force when necessary? What could possibly go wrong by fully disarming an entire public?
    ... and, at what point would ANY criminal with more than a room temperature IQ ever submit to a Background Check if they intend on using a gun to commit a crime?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I read a quote somewhere that said ,If a Politician every asks why you need a gun, YOU need a gun.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water