Thread: David Stockman: the Next Ron Paul

David Stockman: the Next Ron Paul

Well, maybe not entirely, but Ron did endorse him and donate to him, and I follow him on twitter. He does seem to be one of the best. [edit - I confused two Stockman's, this one is more leftist, but does understand the debt issue.]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-ron-paul.html
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-05-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    spineless poser is what I hear... but time will tell

Lew Rockwell got so ticked when they said this about Amash... I like some of what Lew says but I kind of had to laugh at him for getting ticked over that.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

why dont i ever see him on the "only 2 no votes" roll-call list? I remember hearing good things about him but he seems to have pulled a Bentivolio.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    why dont i ever see him on the "only 2 no votes" roll-call list? I remember hearing good things about him but he seems to have pulled a Bentivolio.
    I see him as very solid on a specific range of issues. Unlike B I think he actually and deeply believes in that handful of issues, and understands them well enough to stand firm. Not the next Ron Paul though.... except on specific issues, maybe.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Hold up: There is David Stockman (Former Congressman and Reagan OMB Director) and Steve Stockman (Current and former Congressman from Texas).

Neither are perfect but both are excellent and pretty much "with us".

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I see him as very solid on a specific range of issues. Unlike B I think he actually and deeply believes in that handful of issues, and understands them well enough to stand firm. Not the next Ron Paul though.... except on specific issues, maybe.
    Who is David Stockman? He is NOT in congress.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    David Stockman:

Steve Stockman:

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    haha good catch I missed it to, just saw stockman

It says David Stockman...not Rep. Steve Stockman. They are two different people. A lot of confusion going around.

David Stockman: the Next Ron Paul

Again, there is DAVID Stockman, the Reagan OMB Director who is against the Fed, and STEVE Stockman, the pro-liberty Congressman from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post

argh, you are right, saw Stockman, only. The next Ron Paul made me think it was the guy Ron endorsed, but it is the other guy.

Actually, this Stockman is right a lot too, but sort of as Kucinich is. He understands the balance sheet but goes in a weird direction on it. I think Ron mentions him in a recent post or straight talk.

There seem to be two threads on this but the other one also seems to confuse the Stockmans

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    argh, you are right, saw Stockman, only. The next Ron Paul made me think it was the guy Ron endorsed, but it is the other guy.

Actually, this Stockman is right a lot too, but sort of as Kucinich is. He understands the balance sheet but goes in a weird direction on it. I think Ron mentions him in a recent post or straight talk.

There seem to be two threads on this but the other one also seems to confuse the Stockmans
    I think (David) Stockman opposes supply side tax cuts without making spending cuts, so he would rather put the Clinton tax rates back in place. Other than that he is great and the Autrian economists love him because he brings great credibility to Fed criticism.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lololol Steve Stockman is not the next Ron Paul. How many times has he stood alone with Amash and Massie on constitution votes, or on the Speaker of the House vote? Don't get me wrong, I like Stockman, but no.

David Stockman, on the other hand, should stick to budget policy. Because he thinks guns have no place in society.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-civilization
    Last edited by Cowlesy; 04-05-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    lololol Steve Stockman is not the next Ron Paul. How many times has he stood alone with Amash and Massie on constitution votes, or on the Speaker of the House vote? Don't get me wrong, I like Stockman, but no.
    The article is about David Stockman.

Kucinich is good on foreign issues but it kind of ends there. Is it the same with this guy?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Actually, he scores quite well. He voted "present" on the Speaker's vote which means he is recorded as voting against Boehner.

And he has taken SEVERAL pro-liberty/fiscal responsibility/constitution votes:

1. Voted NO on "To reauthorize certain programs under the Public Health Service Act and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to public health security and all-hazards preparedness and response, and for other purposes": http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll024.xml (Only 29 GOPers voted no)
    2. Voted NO on raising the debt ceiling for 3 months: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll030.xml (Only 33 GOPers voted NO)
    3. Voted NO on 2 unconstitutional additions to Federal Health Service Act: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll031.xml and http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll032.xml
    4. Voted NO on VAWA: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll055.xml
    5. Voted NO on the recent Continuing Resolution: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2013/roll089.xml (only 27 voted NO)

He also co-sponsored Massie's Hemp Bill: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...uT:@@@P|/bss/|

No doubt that Massie, Amash, and a few others are first tier. But he is definitely in second tier and a close ally.
    Last edited by Spoa; 04-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.

David Stockman was canned from the Reagan Administration, mostly for an interview he gave to The Atlantic. His recent diagnosis of the economy, corporatism, and monetary policy are pretty good, but his solutions need some work.

This interview is what Stockman is (in)famous for:

The Education of David Stockman

In 1980, David Stockman was selected to be the budget director for the incoming Reagan Administration. Soon afterwards, William Greider approached Stockman and asked if he could write about his experiences in the budget office. Stockman agreed. When the article appeared in The Atlantic, it created a firestorm of controversy. Stockman, who had spoken too freely of his reservations about the Administration's policies, was, in his words, "taken to the woodshed" by the president.
    WILLIAM GREIDERDEC 1 1981, 12:00 PM ET

The article:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ockman/305760/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Chuck Baldwin said that Stockman would be a pretty pro liberty Congressman. It looks like he was right at least so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Chuck Baldwin said that Stockman would be a pretty pro liberty Congressman. It looks like he was right at least so far.
    Different Stockman. I thought that was who it was too, never really tracked his first name...