Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] At Home with Rand Paul - The Brody File 4/4/13

[Video] At Home with Rand Paul - The Brody File 4/4/13

30 minute profile of Rand Paul from Bowling Green, Kentucky:

http://www.cbn.com/tv/2277502933001

tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u17Cx9SAU0
    Last edited by jct74; 04-04-2013 at 07:17 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mentions Bastiat

Oh great, CBN. I'll watch anyway.
    Red: the blood of angry men
    Black: the dark of ages past
    Red: a world about to dawn
    Black: the night that ends at last!

Cool. Available in 720p or is it 720i? Anyways, I'll download the big version.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Hope he connected with the demographic. Sounded painfully trite and scripted to me. Rand seemed like he would have preferred to be a million miles away.
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.

lol! Pretty sure they got the wrong "Amy" Allen.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

That was some pretty good coverage. Rand is lucky to have Kelly by his side.

//
    Last edited by jct74; 04-04-2013 at 07:17 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Hope he connected with the demographic. Sounded painfully trite and scripted to me. Rand seemed like he would have preferred to be a million miles away.
    Yeah, it was painful to listen to that interview. He did not seem comfortable and slipped up in a few places.
    Last edited by NY-Dano; 04-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Dano View Post
    Yeah, it was painful to listen to that interview. He did not seem comfortable and slipped up in a few places.
    Rand will need to learn to pander to evangelicals ahead of 2016. I suppose it's good he's starting to practice now, but yeah, he didn't sound real sincere when talking about his faith. It can be uncomfortable to talk about something so private for political reasons, but he needs to get that "personal testimony" thing down.
    Last edited by Inkblots; 04-04-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    Tube:

Did you cut the ads out?

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Did you cut the ads out?
    Yes, they're gone.

I thought it was pretty good, where did he slip up?

I really do hope he speaks about his faith more often and more openly.

I don't think he slipped up but he does need to reduce the frequency of the "ums" and "ahs" and "you knows". This isn't the only interview that's had too many of these so it's hard to know if he was uncomfortable or not. Overall, it was really good coverage. I'm not a big CBN fan but I don't know that any other network would have devoted a whole show to positively cover Rand Paul and his family.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just watched it...and save your time. Definitely not worth watching. Poorly produced, boring, and half of the 30 minutes is just commercials.

Maybe I missed it but Rand strikes me as pretty sincere and I have no doubt he's a Christian.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Maybe I missed it but Rand strikes me as pretty sincere and I have no doubt he's a Christian.
    It didn't come across to me like that (not that I care...I would vote for an atheist or a Muslim if I thought they would promote liberty). But he won't truly connect with any true Christian with that presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    It didn't come across to me like that (not that I care...I would vote for an atheist or a Muslim if I thought they would promote liberty). But he won't truly connect with any true Christian with that presentation.
    I'm a "true Christian," and I would vote for an atheist if I thought they would uphold the Constitution and promote the principles that I believe in.

Pretty sure Rand won the majority of the Christian vote in Kentucky.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    I thought it was pretty good, where did he slip up?
    Idk, maybe just little things. It seemed forced, dodged they gay marriage question (do you ever see yourself supporting...), also said that his faith was, "one of the most important things in his life, if not most important". I think the demographic would like to hear that his faith IS the most important aspect of his life and that his other beliefs stem from his faith. I think Rand just needs to take a few pointers from his dad, and he needs a good story he can tell to sort of explain his faith.

At Home with Rand Paul - CBN In Depth interview

Pretty cool.
    Last edited by compromise; 04-05-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Rand kind of goes back and forth on whether he supports traditional marriage or supports getting the government out of marriage depending on the audience. That could become an issue that people could accuse him of flip flopping on if he's not careful. It would be better to just take one position and stick to it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Rand kind of goes back and forth on whether he supports traditional marriage or supports getting the government out of marriage depending on the audience. That could become an issue that people could accuse him of flip flopping on if he's not careful. It would be better to just take one position and stick to it.

Here is the way to be a pro-traditional marriage libertarian, @ 5:15:

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I don't see it as flip flopping. He believes in traditional marriage and the Constitution. The Constitution does not give the federal government the authority to be involved in marriage, which Rand has proposed it getting out of and he's supported states' Constitutional right to be involved in marriage. He personally thinks it would be best if the states as well would get out of marriage, but he recognizes that they have the Constitutional authority to decide that themselves. I believe Ron has the same position.

Ron also has the same position on drugs. He believes the federal government has no authority, that state's do, but that it would be best (from a philosophical point of view) to decriminalize them and allow consenting adults to engage in non-violent behavior that may not be the best use of judgement as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.

Here is the way to be a pro-traditional marriage libertarian, @ 5:15:

Rand has an almost identical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    I don't see it as flip flopping. He believes in traditional marriage and the Constitution. The Constitution does not give the federal government the authority to be involved in marriage, which Rand has proposed it getting out of and he's supported states' Constitutional right to be involved in marriage. He personally thinks it would be best if the states as well would get out of marriage, but he recognizes that they have the Constitutional authority to decide that themselves. I believe Ron has the same position.

Ron also has the same position on drugs. He believes the federal government has no authority, that state's do, but that it would be best (from a philosophical point of view) to decriminalize them and allow consenting adults to engage in non-violent behavior that may not be the best use of judgement as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.
    I understand a states right to determine whether or not they want to be involved with marriage. If a state were to get involved and offer tax breaks and other benefits to those who are married, don't they have to make it available to everyone? I don't think states have the authority to determine who is legally married and who gets the benefits, doing so would violate the right to legal equality.

Quote Originally Posted by misean View Post
    Rand has an almost identical explanation.
    I don't know...I agree with TC, it sounds to me like Rand has vacillated between two positions. It would be better for him to take the freedom position.

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    I understand a states right to determine whether or not they want to be involved with marriage. If a state were to get involved and offer tax breaks and other benefits to those who are married, don't they have to make it available to everyone? I don't think states have the authority to determine who is legally married and who gets the benefits, doing so would violate the right to legal equality.
    Homosexuals have exactly the same legal rights as heterosexuals when it comes to civil marriage. A straight man cannot marry another man, just as a homosexual man cannot marry another man. A homosexual man can marry a woman and so can a heterosexual man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast