Thread: Nashville, TN

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ron Paul on Immigration

May 28, 2007 Ron Paul on Immigration

"The much-vaunted Senate “compromise” on immigration is a compromise alright: a compromise of our laws, a compromise of our sovereignty, and a compromise of the Second Amendment. That anyone in Washington believes this is a credible approach to solving our immigration crisis suggests just how out of touch our political elites really are."

The Price of Delaying the Inevitable in Iraq

June 4, 2007 by Dr. Ron Paul

Good intentions frequently lead to unintended bad consequences. Tough choices, doing what is right, often leads to unanticipated good results.

The growing demand by the American people for us to leave Iraq prompts the naysayers to predict disaster in the Middle East if we do. Of course, these merchants of fear are the same ones who predicted that invading and occupying Iraq would be a slam dunk operation; that we would be welcomed as liberators, and oil revenues would pay for the operation with minimal loss of American lives.

All of this hyperbole came while ignoring the precise warnings by our intelligence community of the great difficulties that would lie ahead. The chaos that this preemptive, undeclared war has created in Iraq has allowed the Al Qaida to establish a foothold in Iraq and the strategic interests of Iran to be served.

The unintended consequences have been numerous. A well-intended but flawed policy that ignored credible warnings of how things could go awry has produced conditions that have led to a war dominated by procrastination, without victory or resolution in sight.

Those who want a total military victory, which no one has yet defined, don’t have the troops, the money, the equipment or the support of a large majority of the American people to do so.

I was at the Nashville Meetup. Believe it or not, this one event is what gave me hope that Ron Paul could actually WIN! It's one thing to look at the post debate polls. It's another to meet people that are exited about his campaign and to see the diversity of his supporters.

Are all of you from Nashville? Let me know.

Another Nashvillean

I will get your forum set up soon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another Nashvillian here.

Exclamation

Semi-Nashvillian here... (work and spend 2/3 of my time here, so why not ;p)

also from Nashville, TN. Join our meetup please and help with our events. They are fun and easy!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/69/

Word!

Colin

Forum is up. Good luck Nashville!

Hit those streets hard!

Please help, my dad lives in the middle of Yellow Dog Democrat country (Houston County, population of about 8K with most living in Erin)

I am part owner of 400 acres there about 5 miles from Erin, the county seat. I would like it if we could put up a sign for Ron Paul on my property (I have to get the OK from my 4 other partners my sis and 2 cousins) The property is along the state highway and we just sold an acre to the county for a volenteer fire department this last year. (I don't know if they have started construction on it yet)

My dad still thinks that we need to be in Iraq to "fight them over there" and "they attack us because of there religion"

I am working on him to show him the truth. (but it is not easy to change a neocon 63 year old man)

If the Nashville group want to try putting a sign out there, I will get permision. (I will let them put there candidate signs out if I have to)

Send me a PM to contact me. I will not be comming to TN this year. Maybe next summer.

Bryan

PS. BTW, the farm my parents live on has been in the family for 204 years, it is a registered Bicentinial Farm of TN.