Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin going ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    It's still early, almost no one accepts them.

This can go to the moon.
    That appears to be true.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Wow I shoulda bought then. Is buying now worth it? How much higher could is seriously go?
    image if you had 2k to spend and you bought 10 btc's at $200. There's 21 million maximum btc's and 3billion USD's in circulation. if BTC replaces USD at 100% BTC worth 150k.

So my question is, how you gonna get that 1.5 million in your pocket?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    image if you had 2k to spend and you bought 10 btc's at $200. There's 21 million maximum btc's and 3billion USD's in circulation. if BTC replaces USD at 100% BTC worth 150k.

So my question is, how you gonna get that 1.5 million in your pocket?
    The moment BTC looks like a threat to the USD (well before it replaces it) the Fed and the U.S. government will shut it down. There is still an upside to BTC. The question is how much? The huge upside has to do with Europe and sovereign defaults. If they start happening, BTC explodes and the U.S. gov. shuts it down. Then it becomes a matter of timing on when to sell before they are made illegal.

Oooooo! Capital Gains Tax!

Stupidest tax ever.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Bit Coins are for the uneducated that think private fiat money is better than government backed private fiat money. Gold and Silver will remain real money long after dollars and bit coins are only mentioned in history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    It's still early, almost no one accepts them.

This can go to the moon.
    What kind of logic are you using to say something like that? Almost no one accepts them so it could go to the moon?

$177.59 at approx. 11:30 PM 4/7/13 PST

Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    The moment BTC looks like a threat to the USD (well before it replaces it) the Fed and the U.S. government will shut it down. There is still an upside to BTC. The question is how much? The huge upside has to do with Europe and sovereign defaults. If they start happening, BTC explodes and the U.S. gov. shuts it down. Then it becomes a matter of timing on when to sell before they are made illegal.
    Yes, but I would think you'd need to sell before it is shut down, which means you'd need to sell before it does what it was designed to do. So the moment just before it starts to be recognized as a serious competitor to the USD is the time to sell.

So this risk people are taking, they must be betting that its not gonna get shut down as it begins to compete with the USD. I still wonder how anyone who has say like a couple thousands of these is gonna get their money back if the keep holding on to it.

It's not like when it drops in value because it's been regulated to the point of being useless, or when its been declared unlawful to use these in trade as currency that the price is ever going to come back up.

So the higher the price the higher the risk of the value becoming 0.

I think I'd have to bail on it once I doubled my money. Then I'd take half the doubling and get back in again. Rinse and repeat.

So if gold is about to be banned you would want to sell it before is made illegal?
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    What kind of logic are you using to say something like that? Almost no one accepts them so it could go to the moon?
    No, im saying its still early because they are hardly used.

The fact that they may become widely adopted in the future, due to the unique advantages, is the reason that they may become extremely valuable in the future.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    So if gold is about to be banned you would want to sell it before is made illegal?
    Excellent outside the box thinking.

1:52 a.m PST 4-08-13 $182.65

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    No because I might be able to use it to replace my teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Excellent outside the box thinking.
    actually it was a pretty lazy argument for what was being commented on.

EPIC

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    EPIC

I'm wondering if this is the start of the institutional investor boom after some of the recent reports on Bloomberg and others.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    I'm wondering if this is the start of the institutional investor boom after some of the recent reports on Bloomberg and others.
    Its dawning.

20 Million coins.

7 Billion of us.

Buy ONE for freedom.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

I hate bitcoin threads. I keep kicking myself everytime I read one. *sigh*
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
    I hate bitcoin threads. I keep kicking myself everytime I read one. *sigh*
    <<<< BUY ONE COIN >>>>

It doesn't matter when.

It will ONLY deflate.

or

20 million coins

Its dawning.

20 Million coins.

7 Billion of us.

Buy ONE for freedom.
    QFT. The banksters don't control BTC, so there's no team embedded in the currency to pull tricks to deflate its value, as with gold and silver. The explosion in Bitcoin valuation is the same we should be seeing in precious metals. BTC is ripping the mask off the devaluation of government currency faster than expected, by either the mass public OR the elites.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

<<<< BUY ONE COIN >>>>

It doesn't matter when.

It will ONLY deflate.
    The thing that has kept me from buying one or any is that I usually research the hell out of stuff like that before I get into it. If someone *TRUSTWORTHY* (read: reputable rpf member) had a how-to that detailed what to do to buy a bitcoin that streamlined the process, I would have a hard time saying no.

*please forgive me if this does exist, maybe in a post somewhere and I just missed it and many thanks to someone if they can point me to one (even if outside of rpf, as long as you can vouch for the instructions you are recommending)
    Last edited by jtap; 04-08-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    The thing that has kept me from buying one or any is that I usually research the hell out of stuff like that before I get into it. If someone *TRUSTWORTHY* (read: reputable rpf member) had a how-to that detailed what to do to buy a bitcoin that streamlined the process, I would have a hard time saying no.

*please forgive me if this does exist, maybe in a post somewhere and I just missed it and many thanks to someone if they can point me to one (even if outside of rpf, as long as you can vouch for the instructions you are recommending)

1)
    STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING
    POUR YOURSELF A CUP OF COFFEE

2)
    GO TO MTGOX AND CREATE A WALLET
    GO TO BITINSTANT AND CREATE AN ACCOUNT

3)
    USE BITINSTANT ACCOUNT TO CREATE A BUY BTC AT WALMART VIA ZIPZAP MONEY GRAM TO YOUR MTGOX WALLET
    PAY 4% and $3.95 in fees

4)
    GO TO WALMART, GIVE CASH

5)
    GO TO MTGOX AND SEE WHAT PRICE YOU GOT IN AT (alternatively you can just put cash in your account and then place a buy order later)

6)
    WATCH YOUR MONEY DOUBLE IN 10 DAYS

Last:

BTC 193.75000000
    Last edited by presence; 04-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.

1)
    STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING
    POUR YOURSELF A CUP OF COFFEE

2)
    GO TO MTGOX AND CREATE A WALLET
    GO TO BITINSTANT AND CREATE AN ACCOUNT

3)
    USE BITINSTANT ACCOUNT TO CREATE A BUY BTC AT WALMART VIA ZIPZAP MONEY GRAM TO YOUR MTGOX WALLET
    PAY 4% and $3.95 in fees

4)
    GO TO WALMART, GIVE CASH

5)
    GO TO MTGOX AND SEE WHAT PRICE YOU GOT IN AT (alternatively you can just put cash in your account and then place a buy order later)
    WATCH YOUR MONEY DOUBLE IN 10 DAYS
    This is what I did except replace Walmart with CVS. Just pick up the little red Moneygram phone, input some info and pay the cashier. It's a little more expensive than a bank transfer from other major exchanges, but considering the 15,000 user queue wait at mt.gox...

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    actually it was a pretty lazy argument for what was being commented on.
    I thought it was insightful and provocative on a couple of different levels.
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.

The story about bitpay having a 5 million dollar month for march is probly gonna bring more upward turbulance, fasten your seatbelts folks this might be a bumpy ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    This is what I did except replace Walmart with CVS. Just pick up the little red Moneygram phone, input some info and pay the cashier. It's a little more expensive than a bank transfer from other major exchanges, but considering the 15,000 user queue wait at mt.gox...
    Walmarts nice cuz the person at the counter types in all your info instead of having to use the red phone, much more convienient.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I thought it was insightful and provocative on a couple of different levels.
    i can see the temptation to compare bitcoin with gold in a government confiscation scenario. Difference being, they actually have to take the gold from my hands at least giving me a chance to hide it or defend myself.

Some people will manage to hide their gold in that event.

When the government comes for bitcoin, it's one fell swoop. You'll have no chance to back out, sell it off, defend it, bury it, send it to the bottom of the lake. When it's gone, it really is gone, vanished, poof. Right back where it came from.

The government can't really "ban" gold and shut it down like they can bitcoin.

They can try and confiscate, but then they have to pile it up somewhere and that becomes a target in the ensuing revolution that would occur.

If the world government decided to pull the plug on Mt. Gox for instance and release a UN statement backed by ICANN, IMF, World Bank etc etc, that bitcoins are recognized as international money laundering and fuel terrorist activities, that bitcoin doesn't get confiscated it really does go to the moon and beyond.

There will be no way to rebel against it besides transitioning into another electronic scheme similar to btc.

Banning bitcoin sounds about as easy as banning the internet.

Maybe China could pull it off within their own borders, but I don't readily see it as being currently possible in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nfused-newbies
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast