Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare: Feds to hire tens of thousands of 'navigators' at $20-$48/hour

Obamacare: Feds to hire tens of thousands of 'navigators' at $20-$48/hour

Tens of thousands of health care professionals, union workers and community activists hired as "navigators" to help Americans choose Obamacare options starting Oct. 1 will be paid up to $48 an hour, more than six times the federal minimum wage of $7.25, according to new regulations issued Wednesday.

The 63-page rule covering navigators, drawn up by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, also said the government will provide free translators for those not fluent in English -- no matter what their native language is.

"The proposed requirements would also include that such entities and individuals provide consumers with information and assistance in the consumer's preferred language, at no cost to the consumer, which would include oral interpretation of non-English languages and the translation of written documents in non-English languages when necessary to ensure meaningful access," said the regulations.

The rules also addressed conflict of interest and other potential issues that navigators could face as the public's first stop on the Obamacare trail.

It is still not clear how many navigators will be required. California, however, provides a hint. It wants 21,000.

That could be an expensive proposition, since every one of them must be paid a minimum of $20 an hour. According to the new regulations, navigators and assistants will earn $20 an hour, while navigator project leaders will earn $29 an hour. Navigator senior executives will be paid $48 an hour.

The rules allow navigators to come from the ranks of unions, health providers and community action groups such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood. They are required to provide unbiased advice.

Some in Congress are already wary of the navigators. Louisiana Republican Rep. Charles Boustany Jr., chairman of the House Ways and Means Oversight subcommittee, has raised questions about a voter registration provision in the Obamacare application Americans will have to fill out to receive health care, and whether Democratic-leaning activists will influence which party people choose to join.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/obamac...rticle/2526167

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bit by bit there wont be a middle class left when they're done.

Where do I apply????

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Exactly. The average person thinks this is wonderful. Good paying jobs, where is the harm in that. Little do they know, the parasite class is building at the expense of the remnant productive.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Where do I apply????
    Seriously. And it'll be even more fun to navigate people towards non-compliance when reasonable while getting paid for it.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
    Nothing more needs to be said.

Oh, and you can bet your ass that these "navigators" will be fully trained to See Something, Say Something.

They will be casing your home and reporting back any items of non compliance they find.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, and you can bet your ass that these "navigators" will be fully trained to See Something, Say Something.

They will be casing your home and reproting back any items of non compliance they find.
    Oh come on with the principled BS 48$ really isn't much and they deserve 2x that. If you have nothing to hide then put it all out in the front yard for them to see? Check--
    mate.

Reported.

In California, our Assembly Speaker is pushing a bill to set up a state board to certify interpreters who will get paid no less than $60/hour to help the millions who will join the low income health plans who don't speak English.

http://www.scpr.org/blogs/politics/2...for-patients-o

My forehead may now have a permanent impression of my keyboard etched on it.

So basically these people are Obamacare salesmen?

Imagine someone who can't speak English getting paid $20/hr to try to convince you to choose Obamacare. What a messed up country this is.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Get prepared for the, "We can't repeal Obamacare! We need the tens of thousands of jobs that it provides!" This will first be hinted at by the Democrats and then shouted by Republicans as their excuse for not repealing.

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    Obamacare "Navigator Project leader" @ $29/hr to start w/ a 40 hr work week would make about $56,000, more than the starting salary for a registered nurse which makes $50,000 according to this chart:
    So: let's deal with the issue of some people being unable to afford health care - by enacting a program that will drive costs even higher.

Then - when the invevitable happens - we can just blame the "free market." On that basis, we can then demand yet more programs designed to line the pockets of bureaucrats, government employees, and lobbyists/cronies - while at the same time stroking the psyches of those "useful idiots" who don't have an actual seat on the gravy train but who nevertheless enjoy masturbating over how "caring" and "compassionate" they are because they support such things.

This program (and any others like it) isn't "useless" or "counter-productive" or "foolish" or any such thing. It will, in fact, accomplish EXACTLY what it was intended to accomplish ...

Game. Set. Match.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

$20/hour,not bad,What are the medical benefits like?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Yes, I'm calling about the help wanted ad for health care navigators... "
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 04-03-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

Hilarious!
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Hilarious!
    It would be if those weren't the cows pawing at children who are on their way to Disneyland.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    In California, our Assembly Speaker is pushing a bill to set up a state board to certify interpreters who will get paid no less than $60/hour to help the millions who will join the low income health plans who don't speak English.

None of them will be buying the ultra expensive govt plan , they will just be paying the fine for not doing so .Probably nobody knows this .Last polll I saw ,70 % of this demographic supported Obamanation , we will see when they figure it out ....

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

Meh, Caly has lots of extra cash , LOL.

Can somebody save this with the quote embedded in the picture so I can save it?Funniest damn thing i've seen all year!

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Can somebody save this with the quote embedded in the picture so I can save it?Funniest damn thing i've seen all year!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Where do I apply????
    Do you qualify for the job?

The rules allow navigators to come from the ranks of unions, health providers and community action groups such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The rules allow navigators to come from the ranks of unions, health providers and community action groups such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood.
    How convenient...

promoted to Home Page, cause it's funny, we need more funny 'round here.

That's some serious bull$#@! right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How convenient...

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    That's some serious bull$#@! right there.
    My undying admiration and eternal respect for individuals who do not join gangs to get ahead and steal from others.

Now why in the land of individual rights is that not the norm?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

"The 63-page rule covering navigators, drawn up by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, also said the government will provide free translators for those not fluent in English -- no matter what their native language is."

It's time that English was made the language of all government transactions. Friggin' ridiculous.

thought that was high pay for a while - but just think of the headaches and stress this job would have to go with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast