Thread: 40+ Officers & ATF Agents Raid Home of FPSRussia

40+ Officers & ATF Agents Raid Home of FPSRussia

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/40-atf...ty-fpsrussia/#

FPSRussia is one of the most well known Youtube channels on Youtube.

Georgia native Kyle Myers speaks with a Russian accent and demonstrates using some of rarest and most entertaining weapons on the planet.

Myers business partner was found murdered in his office back in January.

Police would not say if a 40+ officer raid on the actor’s home was in connection to that murder.

Authorities said the search was for illegal explosives.

Myers often blows up cars, refrigerators, and other objects in his Youtube videos.

According to onlineathens.com, Federal agents, accompanied by Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents and deputies with the sheriff’s offices in Franklin and Hart counties, raided the Royston residence of Myers. Authorities also raided on Tuesday the 60-acre farm of Lamar Myers, Kyle’s father, in Lavonia.

From 921wlhr.com:

According to Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas, federal investigators descended on Carnesville and Hart County Wednesday with warrants.

“On March 25th we were notified by agents with the ATF in Atlanta that they would be executing two search warrants signed by a federal magistrates,” Thomas said. “One (warrant) in Franklin County and one Hart County. I notified the Hart County Sheriff and at 9a Wednesday morning, our officers met with the ATF agents at the Franklin County location.”

“They were conducting an investigation regarding the explosives the pair were using on their You Tube show,” Cleveland said. “They were blowing up cars and other things in Hart County on their farm. Agents were looking for explosives or anything connected to explosives that would have put them in violation of federal law.”

“The way I understand it they were using Tannerite. It’s legal up to a certain amount and agents were looking for any violations of federal guidelines,” Cleveland said.

No arrests were made and authorities did not say if any explosives were found.

The FPSRussia Youtube channel has over 3.4 million subscribers, is one of the largest channels on Youtube and is the largest gun related channel on Youtube. Myers has been in several Call of Duty video game commercials and promotions as well.

Another article (more extensive):
    http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2...rnesville-home
    Last edited by KerriAnn; 03-28-2013 at 05:21 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After the murder I pretty much saw this coming. Hope he did too.

In Soviet Amerika...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    In Soviet Amerika...
    I don't get it? The Soviets are $#@!ing pikers compared to this $#@! hole state

Georgia native Kyle Myers
    I wonder if he is kin folk?

As far as explosives he was probably using Tannerite.
    Last edited by shane77m; 03-28-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

I wasn't paying attention and the murder story slipped past me. Anyway, this raid sucks too. kyle already has to put up with random Fed inspections of his toys. What a free country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I don't get it? The Soviets are $#@!ing pikers compared to this $#@! hole state
    There are enough parallels to make some good black humor jokes, comrade.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Awesome country.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Awesome country.
    Yup. Too bad the government and so many people are insufferable $#@!s, though.

Nothing about it on his twitter account. Six hours ago:

Dmitri ‏@TheFPShow

so I just discovered deadliest catch on Netflix, its gonna be a long day....

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Yup. Too bad the government and so many people are insufferable $#@!s, though.
    lol
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

FPSRussia Raided by ATF & SWAT

FPSRussia Home Raided by ATF
    3/28/13 | by Daniel Terrill

The ATF served a federal search warrant at the Georgia home of the popular Youtuber FPSRussia with the intention of finding explosives on Tuesday. Investigators suspect Kyle Myers, the host of the show, might be violating federal law with what he does, to the delight of many, with explosives on Youtube.

Kyle Myers, aka FPSRussia.

Federal agents, accompanied by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and deputies with surrounding counties, searched Myers’ home along with his father’s 60-acre farm, where the show is filmed, in Carnesville. However, Kitty Wandel, the producer of the show, said that it was just her at the house at the time of the raid since Myers was out of town.

“Both Keith [Ratliff] and Kyle were sticklers for obeying the laws and would not knowingly break any. It is very common for people to use Tannerite in media both on TV and on YouTube.”

“If it ever came to doing something outside of our legal boundaries, we would then work with someone who was legally authorized to do it in an approved location,” she said about handling guns, explosives and equipment.

Under ATF regulations it is illegal to manufacture, sell, distribute, transport or even own explosives without a federal explosives license. However, in the FPSRussia videos Myers uses Tannerite, an explosive civilians can buy, own and use without a license.

Tannerite is legal because it’s labeled as a binary compound, meaning a pre-packaged product consisting of two separate components. This does not fit the ATF’s definition of “Explosives.”

When Guns.com talked to the ATF about this incident the ATF spokesman Richard Coes said he didn’t know why ATF agents suspected Myers of wrongdoing. However, he told local media that “the claim is that he was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube.”

Wandel expanded on that concept saying, “It’s difficult for people to understand how [Myers] makes a living off of a monetized Youtube channel.”

Understanding how Youtube channels make money is a mystery to a lot of people, but in a nutshell when a channel is monetized, meaning ads run on it, money comes with popularity (i.e. a lot of views). The more views, the more ads, the more ads, the more money.

Myers is 26 years old and lives a financially comfortable life by making videos where he shoots guns and blows stuff up, or, more to the point, does stuff people want to see. The FPSRussia channel is just shy of 4 million subscribers and half a billion views.

While Wandel wouldn’t say how successful the channel is, she did explain that “it’s not as much as our fans believe, some fans think it’s around a million [dollars], but it’s nowhere near that. It’s enough to make the videos and live comfortably.”

FPSRussia shooting an exploding target.

This raid comes almost three months after Myers’ business partner Keith Ratliff was found dead by a gunshot wound to the head inside his home/workshop. The two started what would be a type of firearms company called FPS Industries, but since Ratliff died the venture has fallen through.

Wandel explained that the office Ratliff was found in, was going to be a part of a new Youtube series that would focus on what happens behind the scenes of FPSRussia.

Whether or not the raid had anything to do with Ratiliff’s death is still up in the air. Wandel said no, Coes with the ATF didn’t know, but local authorities said the searches were in connection to Ratliff’s death but wouldn’t delve any deeper. Guns.com contacted both the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department and the Hart County Sheriff’s Department, but neither offered new information.

Although no arrests were made, Coes said that the warrant is usually the beginning of an investigation.

Wandel said that she and Myers are in shock about all this, but are trying to help with authorities the best they can. “I offered them the accounts over a month ago,” she said due to the lack of understanding of how Youtube paid it’s directors like FPSRussia.

“We can only hope this helps [the ATF] understand how we make our money, so it doesn’t hurt another Youtuber,” she said. “We really want to protect all the other Youtubers who [shoot guns and use Tannerite]. That would be horrible if something happened. These are the loudest, most vocal people for the gun community, I’d hate for them to be muted.”
    FPSRussia made a statement on twitter about the raid:

Well it's been a fun week, I'm glad they didn't shoot @FPSDak Link to article
    @FPSDak is a Twitter account that follows FPSRussia's dog.
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.