Thread: Cop Convicted In Shooting Death Becomes Police Chief

Cop Convicted In Shooting Death Becomes Police Chief

[video]

A former Bella Vista police officer who served jail time after shooting a suspect to death was sworn in as a police chief Monday night.

When Coleman Brackney took over as Sulphur Springs’ chief, it was the first time Coleman put on a police uniform since he was fired from the Bella Vista Police Department in 2010. Coleman was convicted that year of negligent homicide and served about one month in jail.

A district court ruled that Brackney was to blame for the shooting death of James Ahern following a high-speed pursuit in January 2010. His negligent homicide conviction was a misdemeanor, so Brackney was spared prison time.

“I told the guys the day I left I would be back, and I told them it may take me a while because it was going to be a long fight,” Brackney told 5NEWS on Tuesday. “But I’m back.”

Ahern’s family was awarded $20,000 after suing Brackney. His charge of negligent homicide was expunged, and a state board ruled Brackney could again serve as a police officer in Arkansas.

Brackney said his passion is law enforcement, so he always knew he would be back in uniform some day.

“Everybody can judge everybody else. Until you have actually rode with a police officer or have a family member or friend that is a police officer, you don’t really know what that job entails,” Brackney said.

Sulphur Springs has been without a police presence for the last several months. Brackney said he thought the town could use an officer.

The City Council named Brackney the new chief last week. He is the only police officer in town, but said he hopes to hire more officers to the department.

“You put the uniform back on and you look at yourself in the mirror, and you think, I’m back,” he said. “It’s a good feeling.”
    http://5newsonline.com/2013/03/26/of...-police-chief/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

UNFUCKINGbelievable.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Sulphur Springs has been without a police presence for the last several months. Brackney said he thought the town could use an officer.
    Why do they want one?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

kill someone/get a promotion...got it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Brackney said his passion is law enforcement, so he always knew he would be back in uniform some day.

“Everybody can judge everybody else. Until you have actually rode with a police officer or have a family member or friend that is a police officer, you don’t really know what that job entails,” Brackney said.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.