Thread: Serbu Firearms Refuses to Sell .50 Cal Sniper Rifles to NYPD

Serbu Firearms Refuses to Sell .50 Cal Sniper Rifles to NYPD

Serbu Firearms, a manufacturer of bolt-action and semi-automatic .50 caliber sniper rifles, is refusing to sell their wares to the NYPD. Their reason, of course, is that owing to unfair gun laws, they will not support law enforcement in New York.

Serbu is one of almost 150 companies that has officially refused to sell to law enforcement in New York following the passage of the SAFE Act, the controversial gun control package that has been met with scorn by gun owners across the nation.

The company posted the NYPD’s inquiry as well as their refusal to their Facebook page, with names omitted.

Company founder Mark Serbu said, “Unfortunately, we have a policy of selling to state law enforcement agencies only what is allowed to be sold to private citizens in that state. Since the passage of the NY SAFE act, the BFG-50A is considered an assault weapon and as such is no longer available to private citizens in the state of New York. Therefore we have to respectfully decline to supply your department with BFG-50A rifles.”

He also said he felt bad about not being able to outfit the officers, because although he would like to get his guns into “as many police departments as possible,” his decision is a matter of principle.

“Because of a stupid law the venerable NYPD won’t have the best tools for the job.”

What’s interesting about this is that while Serbu makes a fine firearm and impressive .50 BMG rifles, they’re not a first-tier company in the sniper rifle world and are perhaps best known for their compact Super-Shorty shotguns.

Two of the biggest names in sniper rifles, Barrett and ArmaLite, have already stated that they will not sell to the police departments of New York. If the NYPD is calling Serbu, we have to wonder how many other companies have told them to keep walking.

Serbu is the 137th company to halt sales to New York law enforcement according to the unofficial official New York Boycott list, which is now up to 142 companies (at the time of writing) and likely to keep growing.
    http://www.guns.com/2013/03/25/serbu...ifles-to-nypd/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this looks good !
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Happy face
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

The cynic in me says someone will sell them a .50 for their 30 pieces of silver. That or a .338.

Gun manufacturers, THIS is how you win!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    The cynic in me says someone will sell them a .50 for their 30 pieces of silver. That or a .338.
    Find out who, THEN punish that manufacturer who broke ranks.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Find out who, THEN punish that manufacturer who broke ranks.
    Absolutely, if I find out a certain manufacturer puts money before principle, they'll never see a dime from me.

Armalite refused to sell them sniper rifles?

Why sell them the ARs then?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Why does the police dpt need weapons of war?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

What the $#@! does the NYPD need .50 cal sniper rifles for?

Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    In case someone steals one of their tanks.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Good. Someone has got to stop the string of car thefts being caused by elephants.

I love to hear principled Americans that will not back down. That is what made this country great, and why I believe it will return to its former glory. We cannot put a price tag on our principles. This makes me smile.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Armalite refused to sell them sniper rifles?

Why sell them the ARs then?
    My guess is that Armalite has an active contract with them for the ARs that they are legally obligated to honor; however, they don't have a contract for long range rifles.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    My guess is that Armalite has an active contract with them for the ARs that they are legally obligated to honor; however, they don't have a contract for long range rifles.
    Would say you're right. They probably have signed on to provide X number Ar's over a certain amount of time and are bound by their contract. However, they could come out and say that unless there is some sort of clause in their contract that disallows it.

Wow, sometimes it's exciting to see the marketplace respond. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    This is one problem I have with Serbu's response. He "regrets" not being able to supply the NYPD with the "right tools for the job". If I were in his situation, I sure wouldn't. I wouldn't sell the police my guns because I simply don't want to reinforce the police state.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Hot damn, I love free markets!
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
    ~ President John Q. Adams ~

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    ^^This

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    I love to hear principled Americans that will not back down. That is what made this country great, and why I believe it will return to its former glory. We cannot put a price tag on our principles. This makes me smile.
    I wonder if paulbot24 still feels this way.
    "The Patriarch"