Thread: DHS To Buy 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition

DHS To Buy 360,000 More Rounds of Hollow Point Ammunition

While the Department of Homeland Security continues to ignore members of Congress demanding to know why the federal agency is engaged in an apparent arms build-up, the DHS has just announced it plans to purchase another 360,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition to add to the roughly 2 billion bullets already bought over the past year.
    cont
    http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-buy-3...nt-ammunition/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "It is with gravest concern that I write to you today concerning the recent appropriation of weapons by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that can only be understood as a bold threat of war by that agency, and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America."
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

hrrrmmm so I guess we all need to increase our ammo stocks by the same percentage ehh?

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    hrrrmmm so I guess we all need to increase our ammo stocks by the same percentage ehh?
    Good luck finding it.

All Rights Reserved. - No liability assumed. - No value assured. - Without recourse. - Not amenable to process. - Not to be construed as legal advice. - From without the UNITED STATES.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    Good luck finding it.
    Plenty of .223 http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/223-556/

7.62x39 http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/762x39/
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Driving up prices, even more so than real demand.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

dhs is the spearhead of the coup d'état they be running on us

BANK on it
    extra constitutional g00n squad with NO allegiance to the constitution
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

It's simple CONGRESS... cut off their funding. 80% of DHS' budget is DISCRETIONARY anyway. So this also proves the DHS has tons of funds to buy or use a war chest of money on anything during each fiscal year.

If CONGRESS does nothing to stop the continue buying of hollow-point bullets or increase in spending, then, they're accomplices to the coming authoritarian terror state and it's all political Kabuki Theater for idiocracy America.

FLETC, Artesia, NM map: http://goo.gl/maps/oUo7l
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 03-25-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Where was .223 running prior to all this stuff per round? It seems ammo might have been a better investment then about anything since Christmas

Quantitative easing of market availability.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Great, so I'll have to wait even longer for ammo prices to come down/stabilize.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Where was .223 running prior to all this stuff per round? It seems ammo might have been a better investment then about anything since Christmas
    I am not sure. I don't have anything that uses it.

I did buy 240 rounds of 7.62x39 for $64 back over the summer. I have sense seen it a little more than than to way more than that since all of this craziness started a few months ago.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

From the infowars quote, they didn't buy 1.6 billion, or 2 billion bullets.

Not that it's a bad thing to keep up on what the govt is doing, but spreading this stuff around with lack of (or disregard for) understanding about how governments buy things is gonna result in a loss of credibility when, for instance, someone claims DHS is gonna "buy 360,000 more rounds".

Thought it was common knowledge that they bought approx 1.7B bullets last year. Its been on about every smaller website as well as Reuters and a few other big name ones. Even CONgress wants to know more about it. If it was all a fantasy surley it would have been dismissed already.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    From the infowars quote, they didn't buy 1.6 billion, or 2 billion bullets.

Not that it's a bad thing to keep up on what the govt is doing, but spreading this stuff around with lack of (or disregard for) understanding about how governments buy things is gonna result in a loss of credibility when, for instance, someone claims DHS is gonna "buy 360,000 more rounds".

I prefer this pic of Jan, and wish Drudge would use it as his go-to:

I'd like to apologize (again) on behalf of all Arizonans for making Big Sis possible (and BSC! McCain also).
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    Varmint tipped, seems appropriate.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.