Thread: Idaho GOP Gov. Otter Signs Executive Order Banning ObamaCare in His State…

Idaho GOP Gov. Otter Signs Executive Order Banning ObamaCare in His State…

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Gov. C.L. “Butch” Otter signed an executive order on Wednesday that prohibits receiving federal funding for or otherwise implementing the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

The governor vetoed a bill to block portions of the federal health insurance overhaul in the state.

Otter said Wednesday that while he is among the strongest opponents of the insurance reform, the bill passed by state lawmakers in the 2011 session would require Idaho to forego the creation of an insurance exchange.

Otter said that would open the door for the federal government to step in and develop the system. The executive order allows the state to develop its own “health care solutions.”

Otter was the first governor to sign a law requiring his state to sue over the federal health overhaul, branding it a government overreach.
    http://weaselzippers.us/2011/04/20/i...-in-his-state/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "weaselzippers.us?"

Probably more legit than WND.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    "weaselzippers.us?"

they got it somewhere else but I put their link in as an h/t. They are pretty reliable, at least at repeating what is out there.

THEY linked to an AP report: http://www.localnews8.com/news/Otter...z/-/index.html
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I'm not saying they aren't legit--just struck me as funny. I hope the gov will stand strong when the feds try to rip all kinds of funding away from them.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Someone, please tell him to give Gov Snyder a call and talk some sense to him. Our state house dragged their feet on voting for it so now the money isn't coming from the feds, which is good, yet Snyder is bent on using $8 mill in state money to link up databases with the feds to push this through. It's freaking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    "weaselzippers.us?"

And Infowars.