Thread: Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Mark Sanford

Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Mark Sanford

CHARLESTON, SC — The Republican Liberty Caucus of South Carolina Board of Directors, in coordination with the Republican Liberty Caucus National Committee, has voted to endorse former South Carolina Governor and former US Congressman Mark Sanford in the April 2nd South Carolina first district runoff between Sanford and former Charleston County Councilman Curtis Bostic.

The RLC points to Sanford’s strong voting record while in Congress from 1995 to 2001 in its endorsement. “Mark Sanford has a clear and consistent record of fighting government spending and resisting reckless policies,” remarks Tom Utley, South Carolina State Vice-Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus. “In this short runoff election there is no doubt that he is the better choice for liberty.”

South Carolina Lowcountry RLC Chairman Daniel Encarnacion says the decision comes down to over-spending by Congress. “The bottom line is Mark Sanford is able to list specific programs that need to be cut or reformed to address out of control spending. He clearly has a grasp on the issue. Anyone can say he wants to stop spending but we need to send someone to Washington who will actually tell us how.”

The Republican Liberty Caucus has long supported Mark Sanford’s agenda of strongly advocating for fiscal prudence, protecting civil liberties, and promoting free trade. “We have supported Mark Sanford since he was first elected to Congress,” says RLC National Chairman Dave Nalle. “When he returns to Washington this year, he will find some old allies who the RLC has supported for years like Dana Rohrabacher and Steve Stockman and a new generation of RLC-backed legislators who share his beliefs like Thomas Massie and Justin Amash.”

The primary runoff is April 2nd. The winner will advance to face Democrat Elizabeth Colbert-Busch on May 7th.

For more information about Mark Sanford, visit www.MarkSanford.com.

####

The Republican Liberty Caucus is a nationwide grassroots organization founded in 1991 that promotes individual liberty, limited government, and free market economics within the Republican Party. You can find more information about the Republican Liberty Caucus at www.rlc.org and the Republican Liberty Caucus of South Carolina at www.rlcsc.org

http://rlcsc.org/2013/03/21/republic...sional-runoff/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Blandford also came out for him. the liberty Republicans outweigh the so-cons in the district so we should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Blandford also came out for him. the liberty Republicans outweigh the so-cons in the district so we should be good.
    Here's the press release:

KEITH BLANDFORD ENDORSES MARK SANFORD
    MARCH 21, 2013 BY MARK SANFORD LEAVE A COMMENT
    LIMITED GOVERNMENT ADVOCATE BACKS MARK SANFORD IN RUNOFF ELECTION; BLANDFORD TO CAMPAIGN WITH SANFORD TODAY

Charleston, SC – March 21, 2013 – The Sanford for Congress campaign this morning announced its second post-primary endorsement of the runoff election, as Sullivan’s Island small businessman and Navy veteran Keith Blandford today announced his support for former Gov. Mark Sanford.

“I’m supporting Mark because of our shared belief in advocating limited government and sound fiscal policy,” said Blandford. “Fighting against the overreach of our Federal government was a pillar of my campaign, and I firmly believe that Mark Sanford is the only candidate in this race who can go to Washington and actually do something about the mounting debt that Congress refuses to address. Talk is cheap, and Republican primary voters want action – only Mark can do that.”

Sanford thanked Blandford for his support in the April 2nd runoff:

“Keith’s endorsement adds to our growing momentum in the runoff election, and I’m glad to have his support” said Sanford. “I’ve genuinely appreciated his focus on constitutionally limited government, as well as his steadfast commitment to advancing Constitutional principles and free-market philosophies.”

The Sanford campaign also announced that Blandford would campaign with Sanford today at 12:15pm during lunch at Sticky Fingers in Mt. Pleasant. The restaurant’s address is 341 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt Pleasant, SC
    http://www.marksanford.com/2013/03/k...-mark-sanford/

I'm very happy for Governor Sanford. I don't agree with you that social conservatives are the problem as you insinuate. I believe a lot of social conservatives will support him, because our debt is a moral and social issue as well.

Another of Governor Sanford's opponents (Elizabeth Moffly) endorsed him today:

From Facebook of Elizabeth Moffly:

Elizabeth Moffly Mark is a proven leader with an incredibly record of cutting spending and eliminating waste. I believe he will represent the first district as an ardent taxpayer watchdog, and I look forward to helping him win this runoff and the upcoming general election.

From Facebook of Governor Sanford:

Thanks to Elizabeth Moffly for her endorsement today:

“Mark is a proven leader with an incredibly record of cutting spending and eliminating waste. I believe he will represent the first district as an ardent taxpayer watchdog, and I look forward to helping him win this runoff and the upcoming general election.”
    Unfortunately:
    John Kuhn endorsed Bostic:
    John Kuhn for Congress
    Tuesday
    It did not work out. We did the very best we could and we ran the best race we could. We ran a great campaign and we gave everyone a real choice, but it was not meant to be. I do believe that Curtis Bostic is an outstanding second choice and he will have my full support in the run-off. John Kuhn
    Last edited by Spoa; 03-21-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Spoa, my only comment about so-cons is that Bostic is a big government social conservative. He's like Huckabee when he was governor. I am a social conservative myself, but sometimes the so-cons are more concerned about their social agenda rather than the fiscal one.

Is Mark Sanford a "2014 candidate" in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Is Mark Sanford a "2014 candidate" in 2013?
    Basically, lol!

The RLC is finally making sense after asking people to waste their money on a Ray Nash moneybomb.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ann Coulter is freaking out about Sanford winning.

She is so evil. I wish she'd go away.

Sanford is working the district in the sprint for the finish:

Sanford has definitely been very humble and personable throughout the campaign. BTW Ann called Sanford a Todd Akin candidate. That description would fit Bostic.

Since he was governor he must be really 'famous' in that district. People who see him on the street will go home and tell their friends/family they saw him. The other guy doesn't stand much of a chance.