Thread: Massie won't vote for the 'Ryan Budget' because it increases spending by 3.4%

Massie won't vote for the 'Ryan Budget' because it increases spending by 3.4%

So I’ll be supporting it,” he said. “And I think, frankly, most of the folks up here will be supporting it.” An awkward moment followed when Massie quickly said he’s a No. “It increases the spending by 3.4 percent per year,” he said. “And I think we should be cutting foreign aid as well.” “I meant to say with the exception of Massie everyone up here will be [voting yes],” Jordan said, as the audience in the room laughed..
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...yan-budget.php

Good stuff Thomas !

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A true champion of fiscal conservatism!

The budget has no chance of passing in the Senate so the vote is meaningless. If it did have a chance of passing I would hope that Massie would vote yes. Even though it's not perfect, not even close, it DOES balance eventually compared to current spending.

Quote Originally Posted by TokenLibertarianGuy View Post
    The budget has no chance of passing in the Senate so the vote is meaningless. If it did have a chance of passing I would hope that Massie would vote yes. Even though it's not perfect, not even close, it DOES balance eventually compared to current spending.
    LOL Seems just about every post I read from you goes against everything your moniker implies.

Great job, Thomas!

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    LOL Seems just about every post I read from you goes against everything your moniker implies.
    He's more like the token big government conservative.

No way. The Ryan budget does not cut the size and scope of government. We don't just need to slow the rate of spending, we need to stop corporatism and cut departments.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By the way, thank you Thomas. I agree with every one of your votes so far.

Layed into my Rep about this. Asked her if she ever read any political history because a budget that balances in 10 years never does. She wasn't thrilled.

And thanks to Massie contributor and co-founder of SuperPAC Liberty For All, John Ramsey (on right in the photo).

did Jordan really endorse this? I dont know how you can call yourself a conservative and support a 42% increase in the Fed Gov. Thank god for Massie, Amash, Broun and maybe a few others to point out the hypocrisy.

We need to send more !! urgently.

I don't care. Balance it now. Better yet, immediate default.

If it contains ANYTHING unconstitutional, vote no.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    He's more like the token big government conservative.
    Compared to the rest of us, maybe, but not compared to the mainstream Republican party. He kinda reminds me of Pat Buchanan.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    did Jordan really endorse this? I dont know how you can call yourself a conservative and support a 42% increase in the Fed Gov. Thank god for Massie, Amash, Broun and maybe a few others to point out the hypocrisy.

We need to send more !! urgently.
    I think they are only supporting it in the sense that it is the best that there is.

Jordan proposed a 5-year plan and most of those guys, if not all are of that mindset.

This reminds me of the song "Clyde" by Waylon Jennings where Waylon sings, "He don't move, he don't flinch, Clyde, he don't move an inch" and I always think "He don't move, he don't flinch, Massie, he don't give an inch." :P

(Song reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn5zMvwR0c4 )
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Massie = Badass Rockstar

Rumor has it he can take on groups of thiefs at a time, with a single flick of his fist

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Massie is doing a great job.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Great job Massie. At least someone is trying to slow this ship, or rather, turn it around.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Can the GOP even pass its own budget? I'm guessing it might be close.

Change your name. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Change your name. Now.
    Lol he got banned. That confirms to me what I suspected. He was eduardo.