Thread: Google Glass: The opposition grows

Google Glass: The opposition grows

The opposition will congregate in dark corners.

They will whisper with their mouths, while their eyes will scan the room for spies wearing strange spectacles.

The spies will likely be men. How many women would really like to waft down the street wearing Google Glass?

It won't be easy. Once you've been cybernated, there's no turning back. Which is why the refuseniks are already meeting in shaded corners of the Web.
    One site is called "Stop The Cyborgs." It claims to be "fighting the algorithmic future one bit at a time."

It's going to take a lot of bitty fighting, but the people behind this site -- they're naturally anonymous, in an attempt to stop Google spying on them -- say they're fighting Google Glass in particular.

They say that it will herald a world in which "privacy is impossible and corporate control total."

Some would say that, thanks to Googlies and other bright, deluded sparks, we're there already. The Lord and Master Zuckerberg explained to us a long time ago that he knows us better than we do and that we don't actually want privacy at all.

Still, the people behind this anti-cyborg movement claim that there's no way you'll ever know that someone wearing Google Glass is recording your every word and movement.
    more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575...osition-grows/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol. You think mere humans can stop cyborgs?

Google Glass will be a dream come true for stalkers.

Hey, what's wrong with being spied on if you got nothing to hide, right?

America, you said this was okay. Have fun with it.

That sound is everybody typing "Google Glass" in Google's Algorithm Leviathan search engine, which logs their IP, location, search history, suggestions, the list goes on... to figure out how to safeguard their "privacy" from.........Google. LOL
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

They say that it will herald a world in which "privacy is impossible and corporate control total."
    That world is already here, and the time is right $#@!ing now to start beating it back.

Which is why the refuseniks are already meeting in shaded corners of the Web
    I love that the word refusenik is coming into general usage.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-16-2013 at 09:14 PM.

There will be none of that crap allowed on my properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I love that the word refusenik is coming into general usage.
    It's retro-hip. It's cool. It's the "in thing." At least it should be.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll stick with the Oculus Rift for my digital glasses needs.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

The biggest problem with goggle glass is that it is a distraction and it cost way too much. People are going to have accidents wearing this while they are driving and while they are walking and running. It interferes with part of your vision, and that is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    There will be none of that crap allowed on my properties.
    I have no problem with people wearing it on my property, I just don't want to get sued when they fall down my stairs because they were distracted by their google glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    That sound is everybody typing "Google Glass" in Google's Algorithm Leviathan search engine, which logs their IP, location, search history, suggestions, the list goes on... to figure out how to safeguard their "privacy" from.........Google. LOL
    Not me, I use duckduckgo.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That glass wearing pussy doesn't deserve a beard. On behalf of my bearded liberty brethren, I declare that drawing's beard to be illegitimate
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    That glass wearing pussy doesn't deserve a beard. On behalf of my bearded liberty brethren, I declare that drawing's beard to be illegitimate
    I concur, that is an illegitimate beard.

To the Razors!

And in other news, ocular cancer was quoted as saying, "'Merica, $#@! Yeah!"
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There will come a time when I will no longer use the internet. I will miss you all.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!