Thread: Skills Act: Congressman Thomas Massie Votes Against Wasteful Spending!

Skills Act: Congressman Thomas Massie Votes Against Wasteful Spending!

U.S. Representative Massie Votes No on SKILLS Act
    “If Congress is serious about dealing with the country’s fiscal problems, they have to be willing to reduce spending not increase it”
    WASHINGTON – Today, Congressman Massie voted against the Supporting Knowledge and Investing in Lifelong Skills Act (SKILLS Act). H.R. 803 would consolidate job-training programs under the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) into a single funding stream. “Only two weeks ago Washington was on edge over sequester cuts, yet it continues to produce legislation like this that increases mandatory spending,” said Rep. Massie. “If Congress is serious about dealing with the country’s fiscal problems, they have to be willing to reduce spending not increase it.” According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the SKILLS Act would result in approximately $32 billion in mandatory spending and $50 billion in additional discretionary spending through 2022.

###
    http://llphsecondrevolution.wordpres...ul-spending-2/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Massie for Senate 2016. One liberty Senator out, a new one in.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    Massie for Senate 2016. One liberty Senator out, a new one in.
    If he wants to run, I would surely support him. But I kind of would like him to stay in the House and help build the liberty coalition there. I think James Comer would be a good candidate. He was with Rand on legalizing hemp a long time before McConell joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    If he wants to run, I would surely support him. But I kind of would like him to stay in the House and help build the liberty coalition there. I think James Comer would be a good candidate. He was with Rand on legalizing hemp a long time before McConell joined.
    Comer will be Governor.