Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates?

Updates?

Any updates to Glen's campaign? Should we continue to donate?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmod79 View Post
    Yes. We are still going to as many county conventions and district conventions as possible. We have also reserved a Hospitality Suite for the convention in June at $500 per night and we will have a table and ad in the state program.

The printing did not pan out as expected. We got them back from the printer and the ones I printed off my work computer turned out 100% better so we will have to get the 1/4 page printed at full price.

Glen spoke at Union County yesterday and got a thumbs up support from Thom Tillis. Might have only been because of the crowd but every little bit helps.

Please continue to help support Glen. We have scheduled the BBQ fund raiser for May 4th in Durham County. Have not worked out the details yet but I will do so shortly.

http://glenbradley.net/?pg=donate

Thanks, I just donated again. I know you guys are busy, but it would be nice to have some regular updates. Is there a schedule of events somewhere? I didn't see one on the website.

Sorry. I was not thinking.
    Tuesday, March 19, 7PM, New Bern CCTA 3 person panel speaking on Agenda 21 and NDAA
    Thursday, March 21, 7PM, Burlington, Alamance County Convention
    Saturday, March 23, 8:30AM, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County Convention
    Tuesday, March 26, 7PM, Washington, Beaufort County Convention
    Saturday, March 30, 1:45PM, Near Pinehurst, Moore County Convention
    District Conventions:
    Saturday, April 6, noon, Sanford, 6th Dist
    Saturday, April 13,9am, Clinton, 7th Dist
    Saturday, April 20, noon,Zebulon, 13th Dist
    Saturday, April 27, 11AM, Tarboro, 1st Dist
    Monday, April 29, 6:30PM, location??? 12th Dist

Glen will be at Moore County Convention tomorrow. Registration from 12:30 to 1:45. Convention starts at 2PM sharp.

Nest week Saturday, Glen will be at the 6th District Convention at 10AM and then off to the 2nd District Convention at 2PM. The chairman of the 2nd, came up to Glen today and invited him to speak. Joyce said they will work around his travel from Danbury to Sanford but she really wants him at the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by jacque View Post
    The chairman of the 2nd, came up to Glen today and invited him to speak. Joyce said they will work around his travel from Danbury to Sanford but she really wants him at the 2nd.
    Cool, I like hearing these side stories and progress reports.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like Glen (and his staff/supporters) is working hard at this. Good News.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Sounds like Glen (and his staff/supporters) is working hard at this. Good News.
    That's me, Freedom Mom. We do our best. Thanks to all those that spoke on Glen's behalf at the conventions we could not make. We are still looking for speakers at 3 district conventions on the 20th. We will be at the 13th because that is our district but can't find anyone for the 8, 9, and 10 on the same day.

"Glen spoke at Union County yesterday and got a thumbs up support from Thom Tillis. Might have only been because of the crowd but every little bit helps. "

There's a real simple explanation for that. First, he might not much care for Glen but he's a realist enough to understand that Glen's the strongest candidate in a weak field, thus he'll mend fences not only because he knew he was likely looking at the next NCGOP VC, but also because the evidence is piling up that he's really going to run for the U.S. Senate and he's not going to do anything to rock the boat.

This Saturday, Glen will be at the 6th and 2nd District Conventions. We are burning up the roads.

The following weekend, April 13 - 15, will be very busy too. District 7 on Saturday, Liberty Cookout in Graham on Sunday and CCTA Tax Rally on Monday in New Bern. Might get to stop by the Moore Tea/Tax Rally on Saturday if the timing is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsouljer View Post
    "Glen spoke at Union County yesterday and got a thumbs up support from Thom Tillis. Might have only been because of the crowd but every little bit helps. "

There's a real simple explanation for that. First, he might not much care for Glen but he's a realist enough to understand that Glen's the strongest candidate in a weak field, thus he'll mend fences not only because he knew he was likely looking at the next NCGOP VC, but also because the evidence is piling up that he's really going to run for the U.S. Senate and he's not going to do anything to rock the boat.
    That'll be interesting with Greg Brannon already standing as the liberty candidate for the GOP nomination.

Hey Glen, don't be surprised if you have to make a choice between Tillis and Brannon come 2014. Might want to start thinking about how to handle that.

This Saturday, Glen will be at the 6th and 2nd District Conventions. We are burning up the roads.

The following weekend, April 13 - 15, will be very busy too. District 7 on Saturday, Liberty Cookout in Graham on Sunday and CCTA Tax Rally on Monday in New Bern. Might get to stop by the Moore Tea/Tax Rally on Saturday if the timing is right.
    How are yall doing on funds?
    Last edited by devil21; 04-03-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    How are yall doing on funds?
    We are getting close to "time for another" fundraiser. We have had to pay for the printing because the deal did not work out.
    This is what we will need for the future: trips to 6 districts ($500), 3 tea party meetings ($250), Hospitality Suite ($1000), ad in the NC GOP state program ($1000), table at convention ($500) and all the printout material for the convention ($1000). Total about $$4250.

I am hoping we can make at least $1000 at the BBQ because all the food is being donated by Bret and me. Just need plates and stuff like that.

I have been able to help out now but my salary is getting cut in half as of May 1 so that will put a kink in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That'll be interesting with Greg Brannon already standing as the liberty candidate for the GOP nomination.

Hey Glen, don't be surprised if you have to make a choice between Tillis and Brannon come 2014. Might want to start thinking about how to handle that.
    I don't think there is any doubt about Glen having to make a choice. He has been spreading the word about Brannon so Tillis knows where he stands already.

Forgot to add this to the list. Glen will be at the Asheville Tea Party meeting on April 18, Iredell Women's Club on April 25 and the CCTA Tax Day Rally on April 15th in New Bern. If we have time on April 13th, we might stop by the Moore County Tea Party on the 13th. We will be in Clinton at the District 7 Convention and it's only about an hour drive from there.

Freedom Mom is getting so tired. I was supposed to go 1/2 time in April but that is much better for the pocket book but not my sleep.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We got the District 6 and they decided no candidates could speak. The old chairman called on Pope to speak then walked out so Jack Brosch basically said fair is fair so he spoke anyway then that was it.

We left and went on to District 2. Nice crowd and looks like a lot of support.

I didn't mean to imply that he's trying to sway Glen's support...merely that he is not going to get involved in fights that have no bearing on his own ambitions.

We got the District 6 and they decided no candidates could speak. The old chairman called on Pope to speak then walked out so Jack Brosch basically said fair is fair so he spoke anyway then that was it.
    Wow, that's the whole point of a district convention prior to state is to let any candidate for higher party office speak.

That is so true. I'm not happy with that but then, who am I to say.

What justification did he use to allow Pope to speak but on one else? Or didn't he bother to offer one?

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    What justification did he use to allow Pope to speak but on one else? Or didn't he bother to offer one?
    He did not bother. He introduced Pope as my good friend our next party chairman, let him speak and walked out saying "I'm out of here". That's when Jack got up and just starting talking. Very unprofessional and typical of the "old party". So glad AJ and Steve are now elected to the 6th.

He did not bother. He introduced Pope as my good friend our next party chairman, let him speak and walked out saying "I'm out of here". That's when Jack got up and just starting talking. Very unprofessional and typical of the "old party". So glad AJ and Steve are now elected to the 6th.
    Did you guys do anything? Make a fuss about it anything?bump
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by redmod79 View Post
    Please continue. We are making great steps in this campaign. We can win the RP fight with your help.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Did you guys do anything? Make a fuss about it anything?bump
    We left because we were also going to the 2nd district convention. There we several people that asked if they could speak on behalf but the convention chairman flat out said NO.

He did say and do what you said, but he was NOT the CONVENTION chairman, so leaving like that may have been perfectly appropriate. However, his position as "old party" is not clear to me for the following reasons...yes, he seems to favor Pope for NCGOP, BUT, AJ Daoud was his personal choice to succeed himself as District Chair, not the other fellow. As far as I know, Ruden has always put the Party's interests ahead of himself, though his brusqueness has ruffled a lot of feathers over the years. The Convention Chair, on the other hand, is a state legislator and may very well have been "establishment" for all I know. In fairness to the restrictions on speaking, they couldn't even adjourn on time, adding anyone or anything to the schedule would have made it worse. And as you know very well, some of us had to drive hours to get to and from that remote location they decided to hold the convention at. Given your purpose, I can understand the extreme frustration, however. Had you secured a promised slot in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsouljer View Post
    Had you secured a promised slot in advance?
    Yes. I emailed him and asked him if Glen could speak. He responded with yes and confirmed he was looking forward to meeting him.

Now do you understand why I am upset? I have asked every chairman via email in advance if Glen could introduce himself. If they say no, then we don't go. If they do not respond, I email again. I have also followed up with phone calls if necessary.

Yes. I emailed him and asked him if Glen could speak. He responded with yes and confirmed he was looking forward to meeting him.

Now do you understand why I am upset? I have asked every chairman via email in advance if Glen could introduce himself. If they say no, then we don't go. If they do not respond, I email again. I have also followed up with phone calls if necessary.
    I'm not worried about it, plenty of people saw us there, a good bunch of the people there were active associates of liberty, and the chairman is a good friend now. Win-win. The 2nd went well too. Would have gone better if I hit the back half of my stump.

We still have a lot of needs going into the end of the Districts and then the State convention. I'll be visiting the Republican clubs, and trying to meet as many of the current/new County Chairmen as possible.

I can't imagine reaching 100 counties in 40 days, but we can focus on the big ones where I missed County Conventions due to being in other counties. Hmm. Get a list of 100 county monthly meetings if hey have them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast