Thread: Washington Times to launch Libertarian news network to compete with Fox

Washington Times to launch Libertarian news network to compete with Fox

maybe the judge can get a show there

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cable-network/

The intent is to provide credible news and thoughtful analysis for “viewers with self-described independent, conservative and libertarian values,

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gee, since Ron said he was going to be doing web programming first Beck announces his, then Washington Times does.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The more we get the message out the better.

Quote Originally Posted by eating_nachos View Post
    by Washington Times? more like watering it down or just discrediting it just like Glenn Beck...
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Do you think 'the message' is what they will give out, or a few ruffles on their shirt to collect those attracted otherwise to the message?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The operative word being "we" - NOT the MSM ...

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

Quote Originally Posted by purplechoe View Post
    by Washington Times? more like watering it down or just discrediting it just like Glenn Beck...
    Beck is doing more than Foxnews.

Judge has to roam from show to show. Stossel is stuck on the business network.

Gee - Ben Swann could be a good fit on this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Run as fast as you can. This will be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Run as fast as you can. This will be a disaster.

The Washington Times is pretty good. And they have money to put into it. Why do you think this will be bad?

They may throw libertarians a bone (even Fox does that w/ Stossel and previously w/ Freedom Watch) but this doesn't sound like something I would label "libertarian news network". FTA:
    The intent is to provide credible news and thoughtful analysis for “viewers with self-described independent, conservative and libertarian values,” Mr. Herring said.
    So yes they used the word libertarian and I'll be happy if my pessimism is proved wrong, but remember that the likes of Sean Hannity and Bill Maher will sometimes refer to themselves as "libertarian".

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The Washington Times is pretty good. And they have money to put into it. Why do you think this will be bad?
    Who owns the Washington Times? Not libertarians. So what are they going to do to the libertarian message?

This is just another example of the LAME STREAM media trying to corrupt the libertarian movement by adding a bunch of corporate money. I bet their anchors are all diversity hires.

Here we go again....another attempt to destroy the meaning of the word "libertarian".

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    I don't read it but I've often heard they were cheerleaders for the Iraq War. Then again, people say a lot of things
    You heard correctly.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.