Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher and Real Time panel discusses Rand's filibuster and use of drones overseas

Bill Maher and Real Time panel discusses Rand's filibuster and use of drones overseas

Maher has no idea what he is talking about here BTW because Rand did raise the issue of people like Anwar Al-Awlaki and his 16-year-old son during the filibuster and has called for and end to the drone war in Pakistan in the past. Arianna Huffington says Rand's stand was "incredibly important".

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-mahe...-need-killing/
    Last edited by jct74; 03-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    seems its a big arse deal since its being covered everywhere and still..

lol jct74 is there a larger version of your avatar available somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    lol jct74 is there a larger version of your avatar available somewhere?

That what was a pathetic display by Maher. He changes the subject to christianity and other bs.

Maher looked even more like a moron than usual there. His whole panel were like WTF?

Yeah if you had the spare time to go back through his show archives you could make video showing him saying the exact opposite of what he says in this one. I listen to the podcast and I know that I've heard it.

Hey Michael Steele, usually I like you, but what the $#@!, you let Maher and friends get away with tar-and-feathering Rand when you could have easily handed their asses to them.

When David Cross even at one point SAYS the word blowback and laments the lack of discussion about it, why didn't you jump in and say, " hey, you know you guys act like Rand Paul is this lame messenger, doesn't care about collateral deaths of non-Americans or the subject of blowback, but he HAS talked about blowback at great length if you actually listen to his speeches, including in that filibuster, to say nothing of the fact that his father has spoken more about blowback and done more to raise awareness of blowback than any other single person in this country. I'm sorry reality doesn't make Democrats look as good as you'd like but it's time you came back down to earth."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Hey Michael Steele, usually I like you, but what the $#@!, you let Maher and friends get away with tar-and-feathering Rand when you could have easily handed their asses to them.

When David Cross even at one point SAYS the word blowback and laments the lack of discussion about it, why didn't you jump in and say, " hey, you know you guys act like Rand Paul is this lame messenger, doesn't care about collateral deaths of non-Americans or the subject of blowback, but he HAS talked about blowback at great length if you actually listen to his speeches, including in that filibuster, to say nothing of the fact that his father has spoken more about blowback and done more to raise awareness of blowback than any other single person in this country. I'm sorry reality doesn't make Democrats look as good as you'd like but it's time you came back down to earth."
    + rep

Man, Rand is getting himself in a sweet position for 2016 if he can keep this up. He woos moderate Democrats like ticking off hardcore Leftists.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post

Very true. Steele allowed Maher to interrupt everyone and filibuster the conversation.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

When can Tom Woods can get on this show? Or Pat Buchanan?? I mean those two off the top of my head would just tear to shreds Maher's enclave of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarLocke View Post
    Man, Rand is getting himself in a sweet position for 2016 if he can keep this up. He woos moderate Democrats like ticking off hardcore Leftists.
    The last guy who was able to do that won 49 states.

^ that was the ultimate beat down

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    When can Tom Woods can get on this show? Or Pat Buchanan?? I mean those two off the top of my head would just tear to shreds Maher's enclave of ignorance.
    The only libertarians they let on the show are reason guys who do a terrible job of defending our views and are easily bullied by Hollywood blowhard $#@!s. They'd never let someone who could make Bill Maher look like a fool on the show

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    The only libertarians they let on the show are reason guys who do a terrible job of defending our views and are easily bullied by Hollywood blowhard $#@!s. They'd never let someone who could make Bill Maher look like a fool on the show
    Niall Ferguson did well on his show. The Reason luminary with the leather jacket was OK. Other than that it's usually some limp-wristed, token rightward leaning guest who's thrown into the den of hyenas.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-09-2013 at 12:25 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Niall Ferguson did well on his show. The Reason luminary was OK. Other than that it's usually some limp-wristed, token rightward leaning guest who's thrown into the den of hyenas.
    I'll give the Reason guy credit for making Rachel Maddow look like a fool, but overall he did awfully. Ferguson probably didn't give off a pro-freedom view of things although I am sure he schooled Bill Maher on some economic facts so he was allowed to go on

Woods and Buchanan are brilliant professional historians. They'd would swat away Maher's halfwit assumptions like an elephant does to a knat. Maher is too cowardly to have a real conservative on his show; he'll continue to book partisan hacks that lack creditability on everything and look foolish in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    ^ that was the ultimate beat down
    Down right embarrassing. Minnesota was one of the last states to be called that night too. For most of the night it was only a question if Mondale could win one state. I see a lot of parallels to that era and the coalition Reagan managed to cobble together and what Rand could potentially do.

Niall Ferguson did well on his show. The Reason luminary with the leather jacket was OK. Other than that it's usually some limp-wristed, token rightward leaning guest who's thrown into the den of hyenas.
    It's usually an establishment, partisan, hack like David Frum. Everything we stand against basically; big spenders domestically and war mongers abroad. Make sure they're some former Bush disciple for good measure and then they prop these people up as representing "conservatism".

It's fine with me that some of the lefties are bashing Rand. It will serve to make him more popular with the people who think they are on the other side.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It's fine with me that some of the lefties are bashing Rand. It will serve to make him more popular with the people who think they are on the other side.
    Good point!

Right. I want leftist media slamming him. If real people see that the left is as hawkish as the Neocons the. They may embrace an anti war republican.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Tom Woods? Lol, that's never gonna happen.

I'd pay big money to see Tom wipe the floor with Maher.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maher is a just a liberal hypocrite.

Bill Maher interviews Michael Scheuer on Israel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZbzs5BwBLA
    RAND PAUL 2016

wtf you don't answer to men in "the little room" as he called it, you answer to the constitution, I nearly puked at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    The last guy who was able to do that won 49 states.

WOW...I looked at Florida...Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties all went RED?!

And California, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and the New England states all going RED.

Oh man, if only this could happen with Rand in 2016.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    They let RP on once. For whatever reason, it was a very softball sort of interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Jon311 View Post
    Maher is a just a liberal hypocrite.

Bill Maher interviews Michael Scheuer on Israel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZbzs5BwBLA
    Maher is an Israel-firster? He belongs to the wrong party!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Maher is an Israel-firster? He belongs to the wrong party!
    You must have forgotten what party the neocons came from.

Israel-firsters are in both major parties.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast