Thread: Harness the power of quotes!

Lightbulb Harness the power of quotes!

Quotes are a great way to promote RP. There are alot of good ones that are used in videos. A few months ago, I compiled a bunch of quotes about the monetary system and I figure this would be a good place to share them. Copy and paste them into notepad and save the file so you can use them in signatures or to show someone how important the control of money is.

"A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."
    -Woodrow Wilson, (1856-1924) 28th US President, passed the Federal Reserve Act

"If all the bank loans were paid up, no one would have a bank deposit, and there would not be a dollar of currency or coin in circulation. This is a staggering thought. We are completely dependent on the commercial Banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the Banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system. When one gets a complete grasp of the picture, the tragic absurdity of our hopeless position is almost incredible, but there it is. It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon."
    -Robert Hemphill, Credit Manager of Federal Reserve Bank, Atlanta, Ga.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
    -Henry Ford

"100% of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal Debt ... all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services taxpayers expect from government."
    -Grace Commission (report submitted to President Ronald Reagan on January 15, 1984)

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. ... This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."
    -Alan Greenspan, Chairman, US Federal Reserve Bank

"In the United States today we have in effect two governments ... We have the duly constituted Government ... Then we have an independent, uncontrolled and uncoordinated government in the Federal Reserve System, operating the money powers which are reserved to Congress by the Constitution."
    -Congressman Wright Patman

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it."
    - Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

"Every effort has been made by the Fed to conceal its power but the truth is, the Fed has usurped the government. It controls everything here and it controls all our foreign relations. It makes and breaks governments at will."
    - Congressman Louis T. McFadden

"What is needed here is a return to the Constitution of the United States. We need to have a complete divorce of Bank and State. The old struggle that was fought out here in Jackson's day must be fought over again... The Federal Reserve Act should be repealed and the Federal Reserve Banks, having violated their charters, should be liquidated immediately. Faithless Government officers who have violated their oaths of office should be impeached and brought to trial. Unless this is done by us, I predict that the American people, outraged, robbed, pillaged, insulted, and betrayed as they are in their own land, will rise in their wrath and send a President here who will sweep the money changers out of the temple."
    -Louis T. McFadden, (1876-1936) US Congressman (R-PA) (1915-1935)

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the Government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
    -Thomas Jefferson, (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"History records that the money-changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent plans possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money, and its issuance."
    - James Madison

"The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government ... are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it."
    -Andrew Jackson, (1767-1845) 7th US President

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce."
    -James A. Garfield, President of the United States

"Our whole monetary system is dishonest, as it is debt-based... We did not vote for it. It grew upon us gradually but markedly since 1971 when the commodity-based system was abandoned."
    -The Earl of Caithness, in a speech to the House of Lords, 1997

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astonishing piece of slight of hand ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin.....Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and, with the flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again.....Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in.....But, if you want to continue to be the slave of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."
    -Sir Josiah Stamp, Director of the Bank of England

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
    -Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    Unless you want to abolish the Federal Reserve, you aren't interested in real change.
    Ron Paul is only the beginning.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. ~ Ronald Reagan

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. ~ Ronald Reagan

History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap. ~ Ronald Reagan

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. ~ Ronald Reagan
    Last edited by ladyliberty; 11-23-2007 at 04:57 PM.

Some other great quote resources:

General collection on politics/economics etc.
    http://www.onpower.org/quotes/quotes.html

The Quotable Mises
    http://www.mises.org/books/quotablemises.pdf

Founders Quote Database
    http://patriotpost.us/fqd/
    "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
    -- Patrick Henry (speech in the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775)

I posted about 200 or so really good Ron Paul related quotes at:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36686

Force always attracts men of low morality. – Albert Einstein

Government is essentially the negation of liberty. – Ludwig von Mises

The great non-sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State. - Murray N. Rothbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

[Bailout and Stimulus] spending will only stimulate sectors of the economy that are failing. This is like trying to rid the world of gravity by throwing things up in the air.
    -Ron Paul in End the Fed
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by crhoades View Post
    Some other great quote resources:

General collection on politics/economics etc.
    http://www.onpower.org/quotes/quotes.html

The Quotable Mises
    http://www.mises.org/books/quotablemises.pdf

Founders Quote Database
    http://patriotpost.us/fqd/
    The Mises thing is awesome! Thanks!

"The issue is always the same: the government or the market.
    There is no third solution.
    Planned Chaos, p. 28"
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

When one gets in bed with government,
    one must expect the diseases it spreads.
    -Ron Paul

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.
    The people themselves are it's only safe depositories.

-Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans,
    if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people
    under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen
    than reciting the pledge, or raising a flag.

-Jesse Ventura

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence; it is force.
    Like fire, which if it is not controlled , will destroy you.

-George Washington

Stuart Mill

"The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental or spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

use them as Facebook Statuses and Twitter posts