Thread: Is the Fed Lying About Its Gold?

Is the Fed Lying About Its Gold?

Mark Thornton talks to Lew Rockwell about monetary tsunamis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrruGb_qkc0

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What gold? The Fed doesn't own any. They do store gold for the US Treasury or other countries but don't have any of their own.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

I liked his explanation for the price of gold being kept down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What gold? The Fed doesn't own any. They do store gold for the US Treasury or other countries but don't have any of their own.
    Whoa, I just checked their balance sheet, and you're right. They have a few billion dollars worth in "gold stock" (certificates) but no physical gold. I remember gonegolfing talking about how low-quality their balance sheet was, but I still was under the impression that at least a few percent of it was still supposed to be physical gold...apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

US gold has always been owned by the Treasury.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    Whoa, I just checked their balance sheet, and you're right. They have a few billion dollars worth in "gold stock" (certificates) but no physical gold. I remember gonegolfing talking about how low-quality their balance sheet was, but I still was under the impression that at least a few percent of it was still supposed to be physical gold...apparently not.
    What do you think of the balance sheet ??

Im telling you guys... buy silver and gold. Keep stacking these metals.

The key is consistency, not bulk, this is still a long man's game I believe (they'll play their games for a while before it's totally finished) but ultimately the metals will win out and recount for the currency. If you can only afford a silver dime a week than stack a silver dime a week. The important thing is to stack these metals in a consistent fashion that fits into your budget. I think if people really understood what an achilles heel silver and gold are to the system they'd flock to them just to crash it.

Right now, with gold under 1600$ and silver 29$ it's a great time to get in.

In August of 1922 an OZ of gold in German Marks was 8,000
    In August of 1923 an OZ of gold in German Marks was 100,000,000
    Two months later it was worth 87trillion

Insure yourself while prices are still this low. Protect yourself against the madness that's being created.
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 03-09-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Do they have everything they are to be holding ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Im telling you guys... buy silver and gold. Keep stacking these metals.

In August of 1922 an OZ of gold in German Marks was 8,000
    In August of 1923 an OZ of gold in German Marks was 100,000,000
    Two months later it was worth 87trillion

Insure yourself while prices are still this low. Protect yourself against the madness that's being created.
    I found this quote from a old bookmark: German Marks are worth more than rocks?
    $$$$$$$$$$

Negativity is ignorance, and ignorance is your own personal tyranny. It tells you how to act, how to talk, how to think, and what to feel. You will never see a world without tyrants until you release your own. ~Honored to be Among You

How does Ron stay so calm?