Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC negligent discharge in KS: Get a f'ing holster

CC negligent discharge in KS: Get a f'ing holster

This happened locally. Video at the link. IMHO I don't like pocket pistols; get a real f'ing gun and a real f'ing holster, but at least get a pocket holster.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...-customer-shot

LENEXA, Kan. - A Johnson County restaurant is reconsidering its concealed weapons policy after a customer was accidentally shot by her husband last week.
    Servers at the Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, Kan., jumped into action when the woman was shot at her table on Wednesday. According to the Lenexa Police Department, her husband accidentally shot her with his small caliber handgun while sitting across from her in a booth.

"He reached in his pocket and accidentally discharged a weapon in his pocket," Officer Dan Friesen said.

The woman was hit in her left leg just above her knee. She was treated and released from the hospital the same night.

According to the police report, the man has a valid concealed carry permit and received the proper training. But the state of Kansas could still revoke his permit.

"With this particular establishment there is alcohol served, so part of the investigation will determine whether or not this gentleman was under the influence of alcohol at the time this happened," Friesen explained. "That potentially could be a violation,"

The manager at the restaurant told 41 Action News the company is considering banning customers from bringing in a concealed firearm.

Longbranch restaurant posted about the incident on its Facebook page on Jan. 3:
    Last night in the restaurant we had unfortunate accident, when a guests firearm accidentally discharged. A person accompanying the guest was struck in the leg. Due to quick response by our staff, the woman was taken to the hospital and the injury did not appear to be serious. We are very proud of our staff and the first responders for dealing with this situation calmly and quickly. We are looking into ways to help prevent these situations from occurring again and ensuring the safety of all of our guest. Thank you, Longbranch Steakhouse

41 Action News did call the couple involved in the shooting, but our calls haven't been returned.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz2HPLEvWyP
    Last edited by madengr; 01-08-2013 at 11:56 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only gangster dumbasses carry without a holster. It sounds like they need to revise their safety course. I thought it was intuitive to use a holster....
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

The CC course in KS is pretty thorough and covers these topics, but you can't filter out the bottom end of the bell curve. Maybe he did have a holster, but it may have been one of those cheap nylon pocket holsters. Get a real gun and carry in IWB leather or Kydex.

Several cities in KS are presently being sued for open carry prohibition, so things like this don't help.
    Last edited by madengr; 01-08-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    Only gangster dumbasses carry without a holster. It sounds like they need to revise their safety course. I thought it was intuitive to use a holster....
    I have always liked a safety too. but some gun manufacturers have done away with them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by madengr View Post
    The CC course in KS is pretty thorough and covers these topics, but you can't filter out the bottom end of the bell curve. Maybe he did have a holster, but it may have been one of those cheap nylon pocket holsters. Get a real gun and carry in IWB leather or Kydex.

Several cities in KS are presently being sued for open carry prohibition, so things like this don't help.
    I only like FBI style hip holsters and cross draw shoulder holsters... but that's my preference. My professional opinion is to use a holster that has a thumb-break and covers the trigger completely.

I'd be interested in what model gun it is. Don't most pocket pistols have a pretty heavy trigger pull?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I'd be interested in what model gun it is. Don't most pocket pistols have a pretty heavy trigger pull?
    Modern defensive pistols have multiple internal safeties that simultaneously disengage once the trigger is pulled—and this is how I prefer it too. The lowest trigger pull that I've seen on a stock pistol was 5.5 pounds... and that was on a Glock. Now my Sig can go down to 4.5 pounds—but only after it has been cocked. It has a 10 pound pull on double action.

It is possible that he had a holster, but it may not have covered the trigger completely and there may have been a snag. Couple this with an aftermarket hair trigger and it could have caused it. Use a PROPER holster and keep them stock folks. Also, don't buy a crap pistol... you bet your life on that thing... buy a Glock, Sig, Springfield... or something along those lines.
    Last edited by AFPVet; 01-08-2013 at 03:48 PM.

I only like FBI style hip holsters and cross draw shoulder holsters... but that's my preference. My professional opinion is to use a holster that has a thumb-break and covers the trigger completely.
    Agree
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know I lose one round, but I don't carry a pocket/smaller gun around with a round in the chamber.

I do have additional magazines with me though.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Always carry your handgun in a holster that completely covers the entire trigger area.

Guns won't go off by themselves; let's not give gun grabbers any more reason to believe that they will. Every negligent discharge has the potential to be exploited.

I am perfectly comfortable carrying my Glock 19 IWB or my Ruger LCP in my back pocket (both with no safeties and a round in the chamber) because I know nothing can touch, much less apply 5+ pounds of pressure to, the trigger until after they are removed from their holsters.

Friday, 22 July 2011 14:50
    Top 5 Causes of Accidental Death in the United States

5. Choking (approx 2,500 annual deaths)

4. Fire (approx 2,700 annual deaths)

3. Falls (approx 25,000 annual deaths)...TWENTY-SOME THOUSAND

2. Poisoning (approx 39,000 annual deaths)...THIRTY-SOME THOUSAND

1. Vehicle Accidents (approx 42,000 annual deaths)...FORTY-SOME THOUSAND
    I am unfamiliar with Listosaur.com, cannot attest to its verity. If they are NOT accurate/reliable, it's not because it's not a great idea.

http://listosaur.com/miscellaneous/t...ed-states.html
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-09-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Only gangster dumbasses carry without a holster....
    ...you can't filter out the bottom end of the bell curve...

...so things like this don't help.
    They really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    I am unfamiliar with Listosaur.com, cannot attest to its verity. If they are NOT accurate/reliable, it's not because it's not a great idea. http://listosaur.com/miscellaneous/t...ed-states.html
    Interesting read.

They explain their top 5 list excluded the older (43+) age group that would have shown huge numbers of Cancer and Heart Attack Deaths, etc.

...also that article's postscript states: Accidental Shootings (600 annual deaths)
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 01-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.

...I thought it was intuitive to use a holster...
    ...My professional opinion is to use a holster that has a thumb-break and covers the trigger completely.
    Did your intuitive knowledge of gun safety lead you to have a professional opinion about gun safety, or did your profession instill intuition about gun safety?
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.

I remember in a tea party town hall some liberal type was shocked that a gun fell out of someone's purse. I was shocked also, but not because the woman had a gun at a town hall. I just figured you should have better control of your gun.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I remember in a tea party town hall some liberal type was shocked that a gun fell out of someone's purse. I was shocked also, but not because the woman had a gun at a town hall. I just figured you should have better control of your gun.

"Nearly every woman I’ve interviewed says finding a suitable holster falls somewhere between challenging and impossible." — Gila Hayes

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For people who could really use more people in their trenches, "Get a f'ing holster" is pretty much the OPPOSITE of what Cat Herders call Community Outreach/Organizing.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    "Nearly every woman I’ve interviewed says finding a suitable holster falls somewhere between challenging and impossible." — Gila Hayes
    My wife had some custom holsters made, however we have an excellent holster guy nearby who worked with her and wanted to develop a line of woman specific holsters. Her's are specifically IWB holsters for compact pistols (HK P2000SK and 3" 1911), but are cut as to fit the woman's hip curve and be comfortable sitting down. He also used clips instead of belt loops. I think Mitch Rosen also has some woman specific holsters.

A Galco belly band works well with an S&W J-frame (specifically 340PD). Purse carry is better than nothing, but it's kind of pointless if the gun is not on you and can't be drawn with one hand. She also has a carry purse (IIRC made by Galco), but doesn't use it. That's also a bad idea if you have little kids around. The gun needs to be on you, or in a safe.
    Last edited by madengr; 01-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.

The point is not HOLSTERS, per se.

The point is that "gun deaths" are simultaneously SENSATIONALIZED (compared to OTHER deaths) and TRIVIALIZED (disregarding War Dead). In other words, the POWERS/DECIDERS that would disarm you "play it both ways". Scaredy Cats & Do Gooders are DUPES in the Gun Control drama...think, USEFUL IDIOTS.

The point is that certain "Gun Guys" are quick to attack Sheep, Idiots & ESPECIALLY WOMEN...the very people we WANT to "wake up" and realize they are on OUR "side". Gun Guys are NOT so quick to take the fight to the Deciders, as evidenced by Deciders' steady progress ERODING sundry civil and natural rights.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.

No one is talking about disarming, nor attacking. I'm pointing out the idiocy of carrying without a holster (which at this point I'm just assuming is what happened). So yes, get a f'ing holster. It has happened before about 3 miles from here.

Good:

Garbage:

Last edited by madengr; 01-08-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Damn stupid moment. Glad no one died.

If I were to place blame anywhere than the guy that shot his wife in the leg,,, it would be on Gun Laws,, Gun Propaganda, and the resulting gun paranoia .

You shouldn't be walking around like a criminal trying to hide something.

Perhaps another reason I prefer open carry.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No one is talking about disarming, nor attacking...
    Some people are DEFINITELY talking about Disarmament.

I'm pointing out the idiocy of carrying without a holster...
    I'm pointing out A.) "gun people" are easily lured into the weeds...must come from all that hunting; and B.) UNOFFICIAL Armed/Trained are INTUITIVE allies of the Poor/Unprotected.

How/why would heretofore unarmed Americans embrace the rights & responsibilities of the SEcond Amendment, if the Gun Guys are MEANER/SCARIER than the OTHER G-Men? At least the OTHER G-MEN provide tangible benefits...leave cash on the dresser, if you will.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

If I were to place blame anywhere than the guy that shot his wife in the leg,,, it would be on Gun Laws,, Gun Propaganda, and the resulting gun paranoia .

Yep, good point. As I mentioned previously, the Libertarian Party of KS is suing several of the cities (in this suburban sprawl) since some have banned open carry, contrary to state law. The anti-gunners don't need any more ammo for their arguments.
    Last edited by madengr; 01-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Yep, good point. As I mentioned previously, the Libertarian Party of KS is suing several of the cities (in this suburban sprawl) since some have banned open carry, contrary to state law. The anti-gunners don't need any more ammo for their arguments.
    Use it against them.
    Banning Open Carry Forces people to carry unwisely.

Get everyone to Carry their gun outside their coats, for all the honest world to see.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the state of Kansas could still revoke his permit.
    This particular person may need his revoked. Hopefully he learned from it, but he may just be a dumbass.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It is possible that he had a holster
    Is it really? That seems unlikely. I'd also wager he had other things in his pocket along with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Is it really? That seems unlikely. I'd also wager he had other things in his pocket along with the gun.
    Likely,,
    I am still trying to figure how someone could manage to do that.. and I am familiar with several, but not all guns.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Use it against them.
    Banning Open Carry Forces people to carry unwisely.

Get everyone to Carry their gun outside their coats, for all the honest world to see.
    If only.........................

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

As in, BY LAW?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If only.........................
    Smaller size / timid manner / faltering gait / whatever unfortunately but realistically makes some people LIKELIER targets for aggression. Aggressors feel LIKELIER to prevail against some people. I will suggest that for SOME people, open carrying would ATTRACT trouble.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-08-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast