Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of an active duty police officer

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post

Holy God. You been out of the academy for what, 6 months?

Going on 3.5 years, now. You must have been military police, you guys do it differently?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll come right out to say it, have you researched the crack cocaine epidemic thoroughly? The high reaching authority granted to the DEA, and co. to allow large shipments of cocaine to cross the border on military planes? I would suggest looking into Norwin Meneses, Don Tyson, Danilo Blandon, Ollie North, Barry Seal, and a host of others. You might want to ask why, Puerto Rican DEA, having known Norwin Meneses is a Class One narcotics trafficker, was allowed to operate with impunity for his career. Now I'm a little rusty here, but I'd suggest looking into his sons and nephews in the California Bay Area. [the crack cocaine epidemic] [I believe they were directly related, maybe they were only 'brothers'] Look into John Deutsch. Look into CIA head and later president George Bush Sr. Look into Reagan violating the Boland Amendment. You have to take all these variables into consideration when trying to determine the cause of the turf wars. Though it had been going on before 1979-1980 in LA, drug money definitely fueled it. At least, eventually fueled it. Look at the Cocaine Wars of Miami through the '70s and '80s and tell me, did we not partially create this problem?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 03-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Oh, so I could call the cops and say "So and So is threatening him/herself" and you would go there, and cuff them WITHOUT EVIDENCE because thats pretty much what happened to me? They, and he, are just lucky I am a student without money or connections. If you had to guess. Lol, if I had to guess a pig is always going to grunt. Im shocked at my own stupidity even getting into this thread. Well, officer friendly, may you get your pension canine murder free.

Look, you said someone said that you were a danger to yourself. Even if they wanted to just question you they couldn't. What if they had let you go, and just dismissed this girls claim and you had committed suicide. That right there gets the PD sued, due to negligence. And judging from your reply, they took you directly to a psych ward to get you checked out, they were doing their jobs. Whether you like it or not. The person you should be pissed off at is the girl that lied on you and said you were a danger to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    Look, you said someone said that you were a danger to yourself. Even if they wanted to just question you they couldn't. What if they had let you go, and just dismissed this girls claim and you had committed suicide. That right there gets the PD sued, due to negligence. And judging from your reply, they took you directly to a psych ward to get you checked out, they were doing their jobs. Whether you like it or not. The person you should be pissed off at is the girl that lied on you and said you were a danger to yourself.
    No, the cops that kidnapped me. I expect people to lie, I don't expect people to kidnap me. Again, no evidence to indicate suicidal intent. Do sleeping people usually kill themselves, have you read anything I wrote. Seems like your okay with that, though? I suppose you have pulled similar $#@!.

What if that ride had so traumatized me that it led me to kill myself?
    Best of luck in life.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I'll come right out to say it, have you researched the crack cocaine epidemic thoroughly? The high reaching authorities granted to the DEA, and co. to allow large shipments of cocaine to cross the border on military planes? I would suggest looking into Norwin Meneses, Don Tyson, Danilo Blandon, Ollie North, Barry Seal, and a host of others. You might want to ask why, Puerto Rican DEA, having known Norwin Meneses is a Class One narcotics trafficker, was allowed to operate with impunity for his career. Now I'm a little rusty here, but I'd suggest looking into his sons and nephews in the California Bay Area. [the crack cocaine epidemic] [I believe they were directly related, maybe they were only 'brothers'] Look into John Deutsch. Look into CIA head and later president George Bush Sr. Look in Reagan violating the Boland Amendment. You have to take all these variables into consideration when trying to determine the cause of the turf wars. Though it had been going on before 1979-1980 in LA, drug money definitely fueled it. At least, eventually fueled it. Look at the Cocaine Wars of Miami through the '70s and '80s and tell me, did we not partially create this problem?

I can't say that I have, but I will look into it more. As I have stated all along though, if the government would legalize it and start selling it in every mom and pop store, drug dealers would be a thing of the past, gang wars would probably be a thing of the past as well. It would also allow us cops to focus on other important stuff.

I can't say that I have, but I will look into it more. As I have stated all along though, if the government would legalize it and start selling it in every mom and pop store, drug dealers would be a thing of the past, gang wars would probably be a thing of the past as well. It would also allow us cops to focus on other important stuff.
    Like finding new jobs.
    Best of luck in life.

No, the cops that kidnapped me. I expect people to lie, I don't expect people to kidnap me. Again, no evidence to indicate suicidal intent. Do sleeping people usually kill themselves, have you read anything I wrote. Seems like your okay with that, though? I suppose you have pulled similar $#@!.

What if that ride had so traumatized me that it led me to kill myself?
    If that ride had traumatized you so badly that you wanted to kill yourself, then I don't know. You want to know WHY $#@! like that was implemented, because of people being sue happy. No, I've never put someone in cuffs without telling them where they're going. I have responded to suicides though and be glad you had someone there that cared enough about you to even call the cops to have them come cart you off to be treated. Most suicides don't have people like that.

Like finding new jobs.
    No, there will always be a need for the police, just because drugs get legalized, doesn't mean murder, rape and other horrible things go away.

1. Surprisingly enough, a lot of the bad candidates in my academy class all washed out, over in another thread, I posted about a potential that couldn't stop shooting fake hostages.

2. I'm not 100% sure about everyone, but I know of at least five out of the 15 that made it through, wanted to be cops to protect those that couldn't protect themselves,

3. I think that Dorner had some massive dirt on the LAPD and that he was murdered. While there is a sense of brotherhood, all of us have an even bigger sense of justice and wouldn't let corruption fly if we knew about it.

4. Drugs in my opinion should be legalized, it would save a lot of tax payer money and would clear up jail cells for the real criminals out there, the rapist, murderers etc. Did you know that someone in possession of an 8ball of crack, will get almost as much time as a rapist. Where's the justice in that? As for the whole non-violent thing, there have been times when I've had a pothead resist, most of the time you can talk them down, the last thing I want to have to do is slam someone into the ground hurting them.
    What I meant by force was not so much an escalation to physical violence due to someone resisting arrest, but the act of threatening a totally non-violent drug dealer/user with force if they do not submit to being cuffed and taken in. Some refer to it as initiation of force. It's probably the #1 reason I would not become a cop, although I can see how some would consider the work they get to do in curtailing violent crime to be worth having to enforce other laws they disagree with.

Do many of your fellow cops share your views on drugs?

Has your department gotten any of the Homeland Security grants and equipment I've heard about, and what do you and your fellow officers think of the increased militarization of police? Are you familiar with the Founding Fathers' concerns about standing armies and soldiers deployed among us, and are you or any of your coworkers concerned about this?

Do you ever refer to or think of people who are not cops as "civilians" or "citizens" as if you are something different even though police are supposed to be a civilian organization?

Seems to me that the idea of police equipped like soldiers (SWAT) busting into private homes and confiscating property to be auctioned off later sounds an awful lot like what the Third Amendment was written to prohibit, and the Second Amendment was written to discourage or prevent. Again, this is mostly because of the drug war, but what are your views on that sort of thing?
    Last edited by Expatriate; 03-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Check out Gary Webb, [Excellent journalist] Mike Ruppert, [LAPD Sheriff] Mike Castillo. [DEA] Please read Dark Alliance by Gary Webb if you want some more understanding. I can recommend more books.

Please watch the CIA director when asked if they smuggled cocaine into the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    We'll be able to trust cops when we can trust them to hold each other to account for wrongdoing. The "thin blue line" is seditious in nature and is a primary cause of mistrust between LEO and citizen.
    If there are good cops, there wouldn't be any bad cops.
    Last edited by Pericles; 03-07-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

If that ride had traumatized you so badly that you wanted to kill yourself, then I don't know. You want to know WHY $#@! like that was implemented, because of people being sue happy. No, I've never put someone in cuffs without telling them where they're going. I have responded to suicides though and be glad you had someone there that cared enough about you to even call the cops to have them come cart you off to be treated. Most suicides don't have people like that.
    Is it a genetic thing with cops to go with hear say? Here it is again. On a forum no less. Your comprehension is either terrible or you are just being a jerk.

Your a cop, so it is a toss up.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-07-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, there will always be a need for the police, just because drugs get legalized, doesn't mean murder, rape and other horrible things go away.
    Considering the percentage of drug related arrests, if drugs were legalized most cops would be out of a job. 90% of the prison population for drug offenses.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-07-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

The courts have come to the conclusion (and I agree with this) that cops do not have an obligation to help or save anyone.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Is it a genetic thing with cops to go with hear say? Here it is again. On a forum no less. Your comprehension is either terrible or you are just being a jerk.

Depends on what the hear say is. When we get reports of someone wanting to do bodily harm to themselves then we have to take it serious. Because there is always that what-if factor. You may not want to believe it, but, that cop had your best interest in mind. You have to look at it from his perspective, is the threat this girl said you made legit, if so, does he ignore it and risk losing his lively hood because he failed to do what he swore to do and that was protect the innocent, or does he do what he did and possibly saved a life, no matter how much he became hated for it? I'm not just looking at this from a cops perspective either.

The point is THERE WAS NO THREAT. THERE WAS BITTERNESS AND HEAR SAY and power tripping raw bacon.
    Best of luck in life.

Going on 3.5 years, now. You must have been military police, you guys do it differently?
    USCG Boarding Officer. Worked with State and Locals almost everyday, many of my stations were full of reservists' whose day jobs were police/sheriffs/state troopers, etc. I can only think of ONE out of those probably 25 guys over the years who was worth a $#@!, a Sgt. for the local PD here...somewhere he was forced to leave after arresting a local judge's kid for DUI, by the way. He's now active duty Coast Guard.

As far as potential mental cases go, I didn't handle those things, those are state laws, not federal. But, as I said earlier, I know and worked with enough cops over the years to know my best interests are not their number one concern, and now that it's mentioned, have heard some say they've locked people up like this, just out of spite...
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    The courts have come to the conclusion (and I agree with this) that cops do not have an obligation to help or save anyone.

I wish I still had my manual I'd show you the exact paragraph where it states what to do in the case of veiled threats, such as a veiled threat to commit bodily harm to one-self.

Please watch this video.

Depends on what the hear say is. When we get reports of someone wanting to do bodily harm to themselves then we have to take it serious. Because there is always that what-if factor. You may not want to believe it, but, that cop had your best interest in mind. You have to look at it from his perspective, is the threat this girl said you made legit, if so, does he ignore it and risk losing his lively hood because he failed to do what he swore to do and that was protect the innocent, or does he do what he did and possibly saved a life, no matter how much he became hated for it? I'm not just looking at this from a cops perspective either.
    And in the process threw so much $#@! my way I am still shoveling. Boy, Im sure glad that cop is around. What do you mean what the hear say is? hear say is hear say... duh.
    Best of luck in life.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish I still had my manual I'd show you the exact paragraph where it states what to do in the case of veiled threats, such as a veiled threat to commit bodily harm to one-self.
    Yeah, what is veiled? A body gesture? Perhaps a strange blink? Hear say is bull$#@!. Everytime. You know, I heard from my buddy that this forum dweller named Fivezeroes told him that he planned on shooting nuns. Better call the freaking cops so they can help him.
    Best of luck in life.

I'm sorry, can you name the case law that says the cops are responsible for citizen safety? There's several that say otherwise. Cops don't even lose their jobs for outright murdering people, you think one would lose his job for someone killing themselves or another if they don't show up to a hear-say call? C'mon, I even had more common sense than this when I first started out.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

USCG Boarding Officer. Worked with State and Locals almost everyday, many of my stations were full of reservists' whose day jobs were police/sheriffs/state troopers, etc. I can only think of ONE out of those probably 25 guys over the years who was worth a $#@!, a Sgt. for the local PD here...somewhere he was forced to leave after arresting a local judge's kid for DUI, by the way. He's now active duty Coast Guard.

As far as potential mental cases go, I didn't handle those things, those are state laws, not federal. But, as I said earlier, I know and worked with enough cops over the years to know my best interests are not their number one concern, and now that it's mentioned, have heard some say they've locked people up like this, just out of spite...

Usually with potential mental cases or section 8's as I believe the military calls them, we pick them up and take them to a psych ward and drop them off for eval. Once that is done, the psychiatrist decides whether or not there needs to be an emergency hearing to have said eval locked up for treatment. As I told bolil, I don't condone what they were doing to him, but as I said, I do believe that in their minds that they truly thought they were saving his life.

Usually with potential mental cases or section 8's as I believe the military calls them, we pick them up and take them to a psych ward and drop them off for eval. Once that is done, the psychiatrist decides whether or not there needs to be an emergency hearing to have said eval locked up for treatment. As I told bolil, I don't condone what they were doing to him, but as I said, I do believe that in their minds that they truly thought they were saving his life.
    Doing is right. Those trips are documented and I don't suppose I will be able to purchase firearms in the future. Because of an accusation and either spiteful or stupid cops.
    Best of luck in life.

I'm sorry, can you name the case law that says the cops are responsible for citizen safety? There's several that say otherwise. Cops don't even lose their jobs for outright murdering people, you think one would lose his job for someone killing themselves or another if they don't show up to a hear-say call? C'mon, I even had more common sense than this when I first started out.

If a cop investigates a hear-say call, and then determines that the person is a danger to themselves or others, they need to be dropped off at a psych ward for further eval. I'm not sure of any state law that says we have to, but, again, people are sue happy these days. And I don't know what oath people take these days but mine was to serve and protect the public and to uphold the Constitutions of both Virginia and the United States.

Other hear say stuff, such as someone saying that he or she overheard them saying they were going to rob a bank, is pretty much ignored, but in this day and age when suicide is on the rise, you can't take any chances again, due to sue happy people.

Doing is right. Those trips are documented and I don't suppose I will be able to purchase firearms in the future. Because of an accusation and either spiteful or stupid cops.

It depends, were you forcefully admitted to the psych ward or were you just evaluated and released. If it was an eval and release or you agreed to be admitted and didn't have to be forcefully admitted by a judge, then you can still purchase a firearm.

Yeah, what is veiled? A body gesture? Perhaps a strange blink? Hear say is bull$#@!. Everytime. You know, I heard from my buddy that this forum dweller named Fivezeroes told him that he planned on shooting nuns. Better call the freaking cops so they can help him.

Careful now, don't go saying anything like that. In Virginia even hinting at online threats is a class five felony. (I'd ignore that one, that's one dumbass law)

Fivezeros, you must have realized that you opened a can of worms?

On another subject besides your job how did you get interested in Liberty and Ron Paul?
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Fivezeros, you must have realized that you opened a can of worms?

On another subject besides your job how did you get interested in Liberty and Ron Paul?

I kept hearing the name of Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, so went to google and started researching him and the more that I found out, the more I realized how awesome a guy he is. I would have loved nothing more than to see him in the white house right now.

and yea, I realize I opened a can of worms, but, it's all good debate. Maybe eventually I can convince some of these guys, that we're not all bad.

Careful now, don't go saying anything like that. In Virginia even hinting at online threats is a class five felony. (I'd ignore that one, that's one dumbass law)
    Seeing as there is PROOF of a threat. Hear say leaves no proof, and without behavioral proof (sleeping people don't generally kill themselves) there is none.

Ill take my first over your sensibilities.

Anyways, enough of that, get to some other peoples questions. That wound is raw, and I don't mean to hijack your thread.

Oh $#@!, I said Hijack, I didn't mean it I swear... pffft.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast