Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of an active duty police officer

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Its that attitude that seriously bothers me. No victim, no crime.

There is no honor in kidnapping and locking people in cages when there is no victim. An honorable person could not live with themself knowing they lock people up for doing something that didnt hurt anyone against their will. Why dont you lock up boxers and mma fighters? Surely, that would stop violence. Isnt there stolen property to track down or break ins to be investigated?

Throwing people in cages for victimless crimes is not the solution. You should know better. If you really wanted to end these problems then why dont you become someone who educates?

It's not a victimless crime when one banger kills another banger because he's selling on his turf, is what I mean when I say drug dealers. I could care less how many people want to destroy their bodies with drugs, when another banger is gunned down, that becomes murder.

I agree, I would much rather be investigating murder, robberies and other stuff, than have to go out and arrest someone for dealing drugs, as long as no one gets murdered doing it, so be it.
    Last edited by Fivezeroes; 03-07-2013 at 08:38 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    You admit to using violence unjustly against an innocent person, but it's ok because you have to put food on the table.

How's that any different from how members of criminal gangs justify their activities?
    I suggest you go back to the post you initially reacted to, reread it, and (if really necessary) look up the word 'resist'.

You clearly want to hold this man to an ancap standard and he clearly isn't an ancap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmmm, so how do you feel about "police discretion"? I was kidnapped by your brothers once, they admitted I had committed no crime, and claimed that they could force me to go to a hospital for an evaluation based upon their "discretion" and hear-say. Best part is the nerve damage from the cuffs. Who needs to feel the side of their thumb anyways?

I've little problem with good cops, I guess I've just never met one. They are like Unicorns. You might be one, and if so good on you.

I do appreciate that you (good) guys will follow the law, if the laws were better you would follow them aswell. I guess I am human and generalize.

I do remember auditing a LE class at my community college. The lesson of the day: How to manufacture probable cause.

...manufacture.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-07-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivezeroes View Post
    Answer me this, did you guys contact a lawyer about it, police have mics on them at all times, those audio recordings could be submitted for evidence.
    Dashcams and other department owned recording devices have a tendency to fail for some reason when they record cops committing crimes. I don't know why that is, but it happens a lot. Should get a different supplier for those things or something.

For example this thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lice-Testimony

For some reason, not a single one of the cop's cameras worked that day. Not a dashcam. Nothing. Oddly enough the protester's cameras worked fine. The protester's camera even recorded a cop holding a camera with the recording light on. But I guess it was a malfunction, because according to the department, that cop wasn't even there at all, but was on some sort of secret mission.

That police department really needs to ask the protester's what cameras they use, they seem to work a lot better
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Dashcams and other department owned recording devices have a tendency to fail for some reason when they record cops committing crimes. I don't know why that is, but it happens a lot. Should get a different supplier for those things or something.

For example this thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lice-Testimony

For some reason, not a single one of the cop's cameras worked that day. Not a dashcam. Nothing. Oddly enough the protester's cameras worked fine. The protester's camera even recorded a cop holding a camera with the recording light on. But I guess it was a malfunction, because according to the department, that cop wasn't even there at all, but was on some sort of secret mission.

That police department really needs to ask the protester's what cameras they use, they seem to work a lot better

There are only 3 people who have access to police dash cams. The SGT. LT, CPT. 99% of the time it's handled by the SGT, but as I said... Look at this cops uniform, he was either a LT or CPT and I'm half tempted to say he's def a LT. Which would give him access to all of that, which in turn makes him a dirty $#@!ing pig. Nothing pisses me off more than a dirty cop.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I suggest you go back to the post you initially reacted to, reread it, and (if really necessary) look up the word 'resist'.

You clearly want to hold this man to an ancap standard and he clearly isn't an ancap.
    It's not about ancap. It's about his own stated beliefs.

He said that the drug war is wrong and that people should be allowed to destroy their own bodies. He then went on to say that he assaulted otherwise peaceful people, because he needed to put food on the table.

If you assault someone and they resist your aggression, I don't care if you're ancap or not, that's not justification to assault them further.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I am sorry that you and your girlfriend had to go through all that. I wish I could say that, those cops followed SOP when they searched your gf but it's not true, a female may only be searched by another female. Answer me this, did you guys contact a lawyer about it, police have mics on them at all times, those audio recordings could be submitted for evidence.

I'm not sure where you live at, but, it does sound to me like the PD around you is corrupt as $#@!.
    We contacted a lawyer. There were about 15-20 cop cars on scene with another few showing up after the fact. All recording but all but one was malfunctioning. [though all cops had their lights flashing] All audio was malfunctioning. They admitted right to our faces that the baggy they found was not in the car. They pointed to a friend and said, you want to be a tough guy, it's yours. Charged him with paraphenalia. [for an empty bag, no trace nothing] They wanted to impound my car for a weed seed. [that's all they found after waiting 45 minutes for a drug dog to trample his dirty ass feet through my car] It freaked my gf out. Male pig ran his hands around her panty line while a female cop looked on. She literally wouldn't look me in the eye. Chief of Police said it didn't sound like his officers. They wouldn't do that. Dropped the charges on a friend. I had to pay my traffic tickets. [maybe I could have fought them but at the time I was just done] A few hundred dollar tickets and that was about that.

My friend in the coma didn't get any money either.

My friend with the broken orbital socket [for not running, while everyone else did] didn't get any money either.

It's a systemic problem.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 03-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Hmmmm, so how do you feel about "police discretion"? I was kidnapped by your brothers once, they admitted I had committed no crime, and claimed that they could force me to go to a hospital for an evaluation based upon their "discretion" and hear-say. Best part is the nerve damage from the cuffs. Who needs to feel the side of their thumb anyways?

I've little problem with good cops, I guess I've just never met one. They are like Unicorns. You might be one, and if so good on you.

I do appreciate that you (good) guys will follow the law, if the laws were better you would follow them aswell. I guess I am human and generalize.

I do remember auditing a LE class at my community college. The lesson of the day: How to manufacture probable cause.

...manufacture.
    May I ask, and feel free to tell me to go $#@! myself. What you were doing the day that they arrested you on probable cause, what was their justification? When we arrest you, we have to at least give you the cause you're being arrested for, whether it be probable cause or an actual crime. Some cops need to be retrained on how to put people in cuffs, the bad thing is, in academy, everything we use on you, we have used on us....so why would these idiots treat someone like that.

It's not a victimless crime when one banger kills another banger because he's selling on his turf, is what I mean when I say drug dealers. I could care less how many people want to destroy their bodies with drugs, when another banger is gunned down, that becomes murder.

I agree, I would much rather be investigating murder, robberies and other stuff, than have to go out and arrest someone for dealing drugs, as long as no one gets murdered doing it, so be it.
    Do you agree that the drug war is encouraging these murders? I'd remind of the prohibition of alcohol and Al Capone. It is breeding these 'thugs.' It breeds the violence.

There are only 3 people who have access to police dash cams. The SGT. LT, CPT. 99% of the time it's handled by the SGT, but as I said... Look at this cops uniform, he was either a LT or CPT and I'm half tempted to say he's def a LT. Which would give him access to all of that, which in turn makes him a dirty $#@!ing pig. Nothing pisses me off more than a dirty cop.
    Let's just say that you're correct. That low level cops are held to proper justice, and high level cops are not. This means, when a high level cop commits a crime, the low level cops are complicit in covering it up.

That doesn't exactly make me feel better, that only the higher level cops are corrupt, and the low level cops are only complicit in the corruption.
    - Kim Kardashian

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    We contacted a lawyer. There were about 15-20 cop cars on scene with another few showing up after the fact. All recording but all but one was malfunctioning. [though all cops had their lights flashing] All audio was malfunctioning. They admitted right to our faces that the baggy they found was not in the car. They pointed to a friend and said, you want to be a tough guy, it's yours. Charged him with paraphenalia. [for an empty bag, no trace nothing] They wanted to impound my car for a weed seed. [that's all they found after waiting 45 minutes for a drug dog to trample his dirty ass feet through my car] It freaked my gf out. Male pig ran his hands around her panty line while a female cop looked on. She literally wouldn't look me in the eye. Chief of Police said it didn't sound like his officers. They wouldn't do that. Dropped the charges on a friend. I had to pay my traffic tickets. [maybe I could have fought them but at the time I was just done] A few hundred dollar tickets and that was about that.

My friend in the coma didn't get any money either.

My friend with the broken orbital socket [for not running, while everyone else did] didn't get any money either.

It's a systemic problem.

Sounds like a typical corrupt Chief of Police. Most don't like to believe anything bad reported about their officers. What that officer did to your girlfriend, a minor at that is no less than pedophilia he should have been brought up on charges just for that alone. Again, I apologize you and your friends had to go through something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Do you agree that the drug war is encouraging these murders? I'd remind of the prohibition of alcohol and Al Capone. It is breeding these 'thugs.' It breeds the violence.

I don't believe a lot of it has to do with drugs, more on the fact that it's a territorial war. Drugs play second fiddle to it. But you make a great point about prohibition, it does make you wonder whether it would stop if drugs were legalized... but then again, would it cause the problem to balloon, yea sure the drugs are legal now but you still have one banger on anothers territory.

Let's just say that you're correct. That low level cops are held to proper justice, and high level cops are not. This means, when a high level cop commits a crime, the low level cops are complicit in covering it up.

That doesn't exactly make me feel better, that only the higher level cops are corrupt, and the low level cops are only complicit in the corruption.
    How do you think it makes me feel, knowing that a LT used his access to police dashcams and audio to pretty much clear himself of any wrong doing. Like I said, dirty $#@!ing pigs.

Buying and selling is a victimless crime.

The "bangers" would hardly exist if prohibition was lifted. They were not a problem before prohibition. People are forced to buy from bangers because "law abiding" people can not openly sell them, so sketchy people have filled that void. You should know this by now depending on how long you have been here. If you continue to ignore this, then we can only assume you are in cognitive dissonance.

Last edited by AGRP; 03-07-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

May I ask, and feel free to tell me to go $#@! myself. What you were doing the day that they arrested you on probable cause, what was their justification? When we arrest you, we have to at least give you the cause you're being arrested for, whether it be probable cause or an actual crime. Some cops need to be retrained on how to put people in cuffs, the bad thing is, in academy, everything we use on you, we have used on us....so why would these idiots treat someone like that.
    I'm glad to hear you aren't this way, but they don't care. They aren't going to get fired. If they kill us they will get a paid vacation and a promotion when they come back. If they don't give us the reason, what are us peasants going to do? You are going to see that you can get away with it too. Pretty much whatever you want. Hopefully it doesn't ruin you.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    I've had mostly good experiences with the police because I show respect, speak coherently, clean cut and I don't badger them like some. That said, when I bounced at a nightclub in Novi I left work early because we were dead and noticed a gang of chaldeans beating up on some others and so I called the local police. This was at around one in the morning and w/i 5 minutes it seemed like the entire squad showed up. The aggressors were feeding the sergeant a line of bs on what happened so I yelled over claiming that wasn't the case. And, then the guy flipped out on me and told his officers to put me in my car or I'd be arrested for public disorder. As I'm filing the report, there was an officer on either side of me outside the car and it was clear they were looking in the car for anything they could find in plain view. They clearly knew where I worked and what I did based on the suit I was wearing yet the disheveled and unfit sergeant acted heavy anyway despite a nasty incident was happening where two dudes were getting their asses beat all over the parking lot. As I left, I told the one officer that I was glad they came and stopped the fight but that I'd probably just let it go next time based on how they treated me, the guy that initiated the contact to stop the violence. That said, I have cousins and others that are sheriffs around here and they're hiring so I'm on the short list.
    I've seen this one. Was someone recording from across the street? PM if you need.

Sounds like a typical corrupt Chief of Police.
    Is it that corruption rises to the top?

Or that power corrupts?

Neither conclusion drawn has very good implications for the department as a whole.
    - Kim Kardashian

I don't believe a lot of it has to do with drugs, more on the fact that it's a territorial war. Drugs play second fiddle to it. But you make a great point about prohibition, it does make you wonder whether it would stop if drugs were legalized... but then again, would it cause the problem to balloon, yea sure the drugs are legal now but you still have one banger on anothers territory.
    They guard their sales territory. They don't give a $#@! about guarding that land they don't even own. Those are their customers. If their customers can go to any drug store for their needs, they aren't going to start attacking drug stores, they will do something else.
    Last edited by The Gold Standard; 03-07-2013 at 08:59 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was no arrest, I was sleeping they woke me up and were standing over my bed. Their justification is that "I was a threat to myself" (hear say, no proof just the words of a room mate whose girlfriend's advances were spurned by me). They entered my room while I was sleeping, woke me up, put me in cuffs and said, "Your not under arrest, but your coming with us." I don't know why they treated me like that, but I will never put any faith in a cop again. Keep in mind, we have no way of telling if your a good cop or a bad cop, and usually we find out too late.

EDIT: I did destroy some of my own property, with an axe, a laptop that was broken to be specific.

I appreciate your being here, and letting us hash this garbage out.

If prohibition were ended these "gang bangers" would have access to the courts and to protection under the law.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-07-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    I'm glad to hear you aren't this way, but they don't care. They aren't going to get fired. If they kill us they will get a paid vacation and a promotion when they come back. If they don't give us the reason, what are us peasants going to do? You are going to see that you can get away with it too. Pretty much whatever you want. Hopefully it doesn't ruin you.

In four years I haven't crossed into that corrupt territory, as long as I can make it to 20, I'll be retiring. So far I'm living up to my standards, I don't believe I'll ever cross over.

What you have to realize is even with drugs legalized, unless they start selling it OTC at the pharmacy, you're still going to have your territorial disputes between said bangers. I'm all for the legalization, if they put it on store shelves like they did with alcohol after prohibition was lifted, then even the territorial wars would go away, because neither side would have anything to sell. I just wish, that our dumbass government could see this.

LibForestPaul

Are you Deputy, Officer, or Trooper. I assume not Federal.
    Large city or county/town.

Have you noticed recruitment standards chaning, and not for the better.

Why is the one banger on 'another's turf?' Because drug profits from said area are lucrative. Yes, ending the drug war would solve this problem in most cities. Cities that have a history of gang warfare maybe not, but it would workd towards peace. Like LA or Chicago, people have been dying for so long that it would not end overnight, that is not to say that a recognization that drug laws hurt the problem would not start to fix the problem. After all, look at Ricky Ross and Danilo Blandon. [/Ollie North and CO.] As I recall, the crack cocaine epidemic seriously fueled gang violence. In all of the major drug hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    They guard their sales territory. They don't give a $#@! about guarding that land they don't even own. Those are their customers. If their customers can go to any drug store for their needs, they aren't going to start attacking drug stores, they will do something else.

Yea, I just hashed that out, if you could get all your drugs in one place, the dealers would go bye bye. If only such a world existed.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Powdered or glazed?

My kind of question, was wondering when someone would ask it. Glazed of course! powder messes up my pants. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Are you Deputy, Officer, or Trooper. I assume not Federal.
    Large city or county/town.

Have you noticed recruitment standards chaning, and not for the better.

I am an officer, while we do have both troopers and deputies (they handle the jails). I decided to go the officer route. My cousin is a deputy, being in the jail all day long didn't seem like it was much fun.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    There was no arrest, I was sleeping they woke me up and were standing over my bed. Their justification is that "I was a threat to myself" (hear say, no proof just the words of a room mate whose girlfriend's advances were spurned by me). They entered my room while I was sleeping, woke me up, put me in cuffs and said, "Your not under arrest, but your coming with us." I don't know why they treated me like that, but I will never put any faith in a cop again. Keep in mind, we have no way of telling if your a good cop or a bad cop, and usually we find out too late.

EDIT: I did destroy some of my own property, with an axe, a laptop that was broken to be specific.

I appreciate your being here, and letting us hash this garbage out.

If prohibition were ended these "gang bangers" would have access to the courts and to protection under the law.

I don't know what their rationale was or why they cuffed you the way they did. But, when we receive calls about someone possibly wanting to harm themselves, we have to action and try to save a life. Now, I'm not condoning what those officers did, especially not with how they handcuffed you and cause you to have perm nerve damage in your thumb but if I had to guess, I'd say they were doing it to try to prevent a possible suicide. Did they take you to a psych ward, if they did, then they were doing their job and again wanting to protect you, but did it in the worse possible way.

Is it that corruption rises to the top?

Or that power corrupts?

Neither conclusion drawn has very good implications for the department as a whole.

You know what they say about absolute power.... sadly, some get drawn in by its evil sway. I'm actually glad, our chief isn't like that.

I don't know what their rationale was or why they cuffed you the way they did. But, when we receive calls about someone possibly wanting to harm themselves, we have to action and try to save a life. Now, I'm not condoning what those officers did, especially not with how they handcuffed you and cause you to have perm nerve damage in your thumb but if I had to guess, I'd say they were doing it to try to prevent a possible suicide. Did they take you to a psych ward, if they did, then they were doing their job and again wanting to protect you, but did it in the worse possible way.
    Oh, so I could call the cops and say "So and So is threatening him/herself" and you would go there, and cuff them WITHOUT EVIDENCE because thats pretty much what happened to me? They, and he, are just lucky I am a student without money or connections. If you had to guess. Lol, if I had to guess a pig is always going to grunt. Im shocked at my own stupidity even getting into this thread. Well, officer friendly, may you get your pension canine murder free.
    Last edited by bolil; 03-07-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

Holy God. You been out of the academy for what, 6 months?
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast