Thread: CDC: "These are nightmare bacteria that present a triple threat"

CDC: "These are nightmare bacteria that present a triple threat"

'Do you want a toxic antibiotic and to end up on dialysis,
    or would you prefer to have a limb amputated?'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/05/superbugs-infections-hospitals/1965133/

A new family of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, known as CRE,
    is raising concerns across the medical community
    because of its ability to cause infections that defy even the strongest antibiotics.

The antibiotic resistance is spread by mobile pieces of DNA
    that can move between different species of bacteria,
    creating new, drug-defying bugs
    []
    the country could be entering the beginning of the "post-antibiotic era."

[]
    There is little chance that an effective drug to kill CRE bacteria
    will be produced in the coming years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbape...robacteriaceae
    Carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae (CRE)

Death rates of up to 50%

Patients who tested positive for
    carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
    took an average of 387 days following hospital discharge
    to be clear of the organism
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/257019.php

CRE are important for several reasons. First, invasive infections (e.g., bloodstream infections) with CRE are associated with mortality rates exceeding 40% (5); this is significantly higher than mortality rates observed for carbapenem-susceptible Enterobacteriaceae. Of note, because the majority of positive cultures were from urine, overall in-hospital mortality rates associated with positive cultures were lower in the EIP CRE surveillance (4%). Second, carbapenem-resistant strains frequently possess additional resistance mechanisms that render them resistant to most available antimicrobials; pan-resistant CRE have been reported (9). Further, novel antimicrobials for multidrug-resistant gram-negative bacilli are in early stages of development and not likely to be available soon (10). Third, CRE can spread rapidly in health-care settings (11,12). Fourth, Enterobacteriaceae are a common cause of community infections, and CRE have the potential to move from their current niche among health-care–exposed patients into the community (13). Multidrug-resistance is a problem in other gram-negative bacilli such as Pseudomonas and Acinetobacter species. However, these organisms are a less common cause of health-care infections and have less potential to spread resistance to other bacteria and into the community (2).
    http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...cid=mm6209a3_w
    Last edited by presence; 03-07-2013 at 05:13 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is perfect for colloidal silver.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Does it cause people to come back from the dead and eat other people?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Does it cause people to come back from the dead and eat other people?
    No but it does cause "The-Newz" to scream hysterically like a little girl in an attempt to derive more funding for big pharm...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No but it does cause "The-Newz" to scream hysterically like a little girl in an attempt to derive more funding for big pharm...

from 1st source:
    there's little financial incentive because the bacteria adapt quickly to resist new drugs

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Heard this on NPR couple nights ago... just in hospitals right now... if it gets out tho, might go crazy.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

An argument in favor of controlling use of antibiotics to reduce the growth of antiboitic resistant viruses.

From the CDC article:
    http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...cid=mm6209a3_w
    Conclusions and Comment

Although CRE remain relatively uncommon in most acute-care hospitals in the United States, they have become an increasingly recognized cause of infection during the past decade, especially among Klebsiella, likely because of the emergence of carbapenemase-producing strains. In 2012, the number of facilities reporting CRE as a cause of infection was small, and spread of these organisms appears to be uneven both regionally and among facilities within regions. Fewer than 5% of short-stay acute-care hospitals reported CRE from health-care–associated infections in the first half of 2012; CRE more often were reported from LTACHs. Data from population-based surveillance suggest most CRE clinical isolates came from cultures collected outside of hospitals from patients with substantial health-care exposures. These findings suggest that although CRE are increasing in prevalence, their distribution is limited.

^Aren't all/most viruses resistant to anti-biotics?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry- should have said "bacteria". Thanks for the correction! You are right that antibiotics don't work on viruses.

Oh yay! Just in time for my surgery next week.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

I wonder if they are natural or genetically engineered. I wonder if there is a way to tell if they are genetically engineered or not. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    Oh yay! Just in time for my surgery next week.
    I pray your surgery goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    This is perfect for colloidal silver.

Does colloidal silver do anything to help fight cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...r-effects.html

I pray your surgery goes well for you.
    Thanks. It's just a cyst. The doctor assures me it will be just like having my tonsils out only different. I don't have fond memories of that, but I don't think it was as bad as 3 c-sections. I hate doctors. But the thought of relieving my ear pain with an ice pick has crossed my mind. I suppose surgery might be the better course of action.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Thanks a lot man!

Glad to hear this news!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd be willing to bet they have some weakness that others of a similar strain do not---the question is; what is it?

These "superbugs" are mostly the result of over-vaccination. Children don't get a chance to develop natural immunity anymore, and the bacteria adapt and start resisting the antibodies in the vaccine. See:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20825107/n.../#.UTlEUhzFV8E

More recent: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/con...pertussis.html

and: http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/cal...-serious-ones/
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Raising your blood / body ph to 8.0+ for 5 days or more can help too...

www.phkillscancer.com
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.