Thread: OKGOP state chair Matt Pinnell said he won’t seek another term

OKGOP state chair Matt Pinnell said he won’t seek another term

On March 6, Oklahoma Republican Party state chair Matt Pinnell said he won’t seek another term as state chair. The Republican Party will choose a new chair at its state convention on April 20. Pinnell has aggressively sought to prevent Republican state legislators from easing Oklahoma ballot access ever since he became state chair in 2010.
    We should replace him and help ballot access reform efforts on behalf of the LP/CP/GP.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, who on the ground in Oklahoma is both qualified enough and has a visible enough profile to pull this off?

You people really think we haven't tried? Have you no clue how close we came last round to preventing him from replacing the last establishment tool?

If we could only get as much participation in the center of the state as we get elsewhere, we'd have it done. It's not as if he's a longstanding tool. They have their candidates and we have ours. We win in many counties, but we're still working on the state chair.

Give us time. Either that or move to the state and beef up our numbers.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Run a liberty candidate.
    Huh, ya think?

Um, you don't run one liberty candidate, you run two--for chair and vice chair, and a male and a female, not necessarily respectively.

Been there, done that, made it work in several counties but haven't taken the state offices. Yet.

But, hey. Thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You're right, I don't know the situation.

I personally believe Oklahoma should never have become a state.
    Inactive

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post

Well let's see. The only two explanations I can come up with for that statement are that you think the Indians got a raw deal with statehood, or you're an incredibly arrogant ass with an unsupportable and insufferable attitude about flyover country. Guess I ought to give you the benefit of the doubt.

So, which Indian nation do you think got the worst deal..?

He shouldn't have had this one. I hope our parking lot patriots show up.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He shouldn't have had this one. I hope our parking lot patriots show up.
    I do too. At the rate we've been growing, this time should be the charm--assuming only a few of our side take the non-election year off.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well let's see. The only two explanations I can come up with for that statement are that you think the Indians got a raw deal with statehood, or you're an incredibly arrogant ass with an unsupportable and insufferable attitude about flyover country. Guess I ought to give you the benefit of the doubt.

So, which Indian nation do you think got the worst deal..?
    I support Indian nations being fully independent, with members of the tribe having citizenship and being under the laws of that people. They should also be American citizens and be able to vote in all elections that impact their lives. (so all of them)

This is impossible for most tribes now, but certainly possible for the Navajo, Lakota, Cherokee, Comanche, Hopi, Zuni, etc.

Oklahoma becoming a state allowed white people to flood the state. So much so, that the Governor has not a single drop of native blood. That's stupid. We completely f---ed them by relocating them there in the first place, and now we're outbreeding them and taking over lands we promised them? That's evil.
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

It's too late for that battle. We might as well give California back to Mexico as well.
    I can vote now and I'm voting for Rand!

We completely f---ed them by relocating them there in the first place, and now we're outbreeding them and taking over lands we promised them? That's evil.
    Yeah, yeah. And Oklahoma's history is extra special. We had screwed them repeatedly, so they naturally joined the Confederacy. The Cherokees knew it was a bad idea for several reasons, but decided they'd rather not fight all the other tribes, so they joined the Confederacy as well. And when it was all over, the Union government used that as an excuse to rob them of more lands. Which they did via 'allotment'--meaning they alloted land to individuals instead of maintaining the reservations. This, of course, was a land grab. Each individual got less than their portion of the total tribal lands. But it was also basically a violation of their religious freedom. None of the tribes believed in land ownership.

So, Oklahoma tribes (which is to say, most tribes) don't actually have reservations. Ancestral lands, yes (sort of; only the Quapaw, Osage, Kiowa and certain others are originally from here). Reservations, no.

Yeah, the Sooner State. Not only proud of land grabbers, but proudest of the ones that cheated...

Quote Originally Posted by ican'tvote View Post
    It's too late for that battle. We might as well give California back to Mexico as well.
    California became its own nation before becoming part of the US. Mexico has no right to California.
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61

Not sure what you're getting by with this statement, but, this is my state, and while it may not be the best in some respects to some people, it's home to me.

And after briefly looking over your comment about the relocation of tribes here... yea, like we today could have done anything about that. I'm sure more cities and states have had their own controversial beginnings.

Next time don't come off so strong.

Anyway, about Pinnell, I haven't heard anything about who may take the seat.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 03-24-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Anyway, about Pinnell, I haven't heard anything about who may take the seat.
    It's a fine question. If we do as well downstate as we did in Jenks...

The guard continues changing in the Tulsa County Republican Party.

What might be called the anti-establishment wing was out in force at Saturday's county convention, winning both state committee and both district committee positions and giving raucous receptions to young state Sen. Nathan Dahm, Tulsa mayoral candidate Bill Christiansen, County Commission candidate Ronda Vuillemont-Smith and County Assessor Ken Yazel.

The 300 registered delegates and 50 or so other attendees also gave two standing ovations to First District Congressman Jim Bridenstine, who drew a particular roar of approval when he said, "I think I've shown I am not controlled by the leadership of the Republican Party."
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_Thegua134224

...life will be good. Unfortunately, so far we never have done as well downstate as we did in Tulsa County...

Yea, I just posted that thread and am taking it to the Liberty GRC forum to encourage people.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.