Thread: North Korea threatening to cancel '53 Armistice

North Korea threatening to cancel '53 Armistice

NK loves to make these threats and not follow through, but if they actually followed through on this one, we're in trouble with all the soldiers we have there.

http://news.yahoo.com/nkorea-vows-ca...115128092.html

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea vowed Tuesday to cancel the 1953 cease-fire that ended the Korean War, citing a U.S.-led push for punishing U.N. sanctions over its recent nuclear test and ongoing U.S.-South Korean joint military drills.

Without elaborating, the Korean People's Army Supreme Command warned of "surgical strikes" meant to unify the divided Korean Peninsula and of an indigenous, "precision nuclear striking tool." The statement came amid reports that Washington and North Korean ally Beijing have approved a draft of a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for sanctions in response to North Korea's Feb. 12 nuclear test. The draft is expected to be circulated at the U.N. this week.

Heated military rhetoric is common from North Korea when tensions rise on the Korean Peninsula and during U.S.-South Korean war games, but this latest statement is unusually specific. It threatens to block a communications line between North Korea and the United States at the border village separating the two Koreas, and to nullify the 60-year-old Korean War armistice agreement on March 11, when two weeks of U.S.-South Korean military drills will draw 10,000 South Korean and 3,500 U.S. forces. An earlier round of drills between the allies began earlier this month.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    NK loves to make these threats and not follow through, but if they actually followed through on this one, we're in trouble with all the soldiers we have there.

http://news.yahoo.com/nkorea-vows-ca...115128092.html
    Bring the troops home now!

Rodman should be our Ambasador & bring all the troops & $$$ back here.

What the hell did Rodman say?

N Korea is lead by a child, who absolutely loves Dennis. All the fear mongering & buildup to war could be diffused by the "worm"

And to think, this whole mess is because the US thought it would be wise to divide the Korean peninsula without seeing if the Korean people wanted it. Once again, interventionism in one man's generation leads to tragedy in the next. Good job, Truman, you mass-murderer, you.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Korea should not be divided. Whatever means are necessary to achieve unification should be pursued.

without US help.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    And to think, this whole mess is because the US thought it would be wise to divide the Korean peninsula without seeing if the Korean people wanted it. Once again, interventionism in one man's generation leads to tragedy in the next. Good job, Truman, you mass-murderer, you.
    It was divided because the war trying to unite it bogged down. Neither side could make any more advances. Both sides also had people who wanted to continue the fighting until it was united. The North Koreans wanted it united as a Communist country and the South wanted a Democratic state.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...the-korean-war
    The Korean War began on June 25, 1950, when communist North Korea invaded South Korea. Almost immediately, the United States secured a resolution from the United Nations calling for the military defense of South Korea against the North Korean aggression. In a matter of days, U.S. land, air, and sea forces had joined the battle. The U.S. intervention turned the tide of the war, and soon the U.S. and South Korean forces were pushing into North Korea and toward that nation's border with China. In November and December 1951, hundreds of thousands of troops from the People's Republic of China began heavy assaults against the American and South Korea forces. The war eventually bogged down into a battle of attrition. In the U.S. presidential election of 1952, Republican candidate Dwight D. Eisenhower strongly criticized President Harry S. Truman's handling of the war. After his victory, Eisenhower adhered to his promise to "go to Korea." His trip convinced him that something new was needed to break the diplomatic logjam at the peace talks that had begun in July 1951. Eisenhower began to publicly hint that the United States might make use of its nuclear arsenal to break the military stalemate in Korea. He allowed the Nationalist Chinese government on Taiwan to begin harassing air raids on mainland China. The president also put pressure on his South Korean ally to drop some of its demands in order to speed the peace process.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe this could be an abbreviated Vietnam PART DEUX... US pulls out, the Korean country reunites, and they trade with the world.

Americans save Trillions over the long run.... NAH, those directed towards the Far East... Military Industrial Complex, the US Corporate Media, The Security State Industries, the DC Stink Tanks/Foundations/Councils/Funds/Coalitions/Centers, all realted Lobbyists/Law Firms would be out of jobs/business.

"Conflict is a racket, how else could Fascism thrive in America"... Me
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Didn't N. Korea just announce that they'll pre-emptively nuke the US? That's grounds for war IMO, but of course it doesn't help that we're imposing sanctions (which I also consider an act of war). I can't believe the Obama administration is just shrugging this off. Heck, it's for that reason I believe the NK government actually said that, and it's not some propaganda piece. Honestly, I wonder if we're getting set up for some sort of attack, false flag or a classic "we know the threat is there, but won't do anything about it because we want it to happen" (Pearl Harbor).
    Rand Paul 2016

Anybody realize that if the NORKS tried to invade the South, the SK Army would knock their block off? They are an elite armed forces and 10 times better than in 53'. They haven't needed our help for 20 years. It would be suicide. More posturing by Jong un.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    Didn't N. Korea just announce that they'll pre-emptively nuke the US? That's grounds for war IMO, but of course it doesn't help that we're imposing sanctions (which I also consider an act of war). I can't believe the Obama administration is just shrugging this off. Heck, it's for that reason I believe the NK government actually said that, and it's not some propaganda piece. Honestly, I wonder if we're getting set up for some sort of attack, false flag or a classic "we know the threat is there, but won't do anything about it because we want it to happen" (Pearl Harbor).
    North Korea lacks the capability to nuke the US with missiles. The US is a useful tool for the NK government- it gives them something to blame their problems on to their citizens. EVerything is the US's fault. Note that China is also pressing NK on the nuclear issue and agreed with the sanctions but not one mention by Kim of them. Yes- it is posturing.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.

SK could defeat NK single handedly.

That said though it would still be a bloody mess of an affair and the reunification after will be insane. You cant even compare this to Germany. Here the countries are worlds apart.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds...if it ever does. (Reunification that is)

Why does the world pander to someone as insane as the N.Koreans?

Imposing sanctions is pandering to them?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone else wonder if they will fear monger the $#@! out of a direct threat to us from North Korea like they have with Iran for a good 7+ years now? Of course not. North Korea isn't threatening Israel so nobody in Washington or the media gives a $#@!. Iran is the war they've always wanted and NK would be a lethal nuisance, just like Afghanistan was to Iraq.
    Last edited by COpatriot; 03-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Translation: send us a boat load of your taxpayer's hard earned money and we'll settle down, until the next time we want another boat load of US taxpayer money.

Quote Originally Posted by awake View Post
    Translation: send us a boat load of your taxpayer's hard earned money and we'll settle down, until the next time we want another boat load of US taxpayer money.
    That is why they criticize us and not China- China is their biggest benefactor these days (China fears millions of refugees flowing across their border from NK).

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Anybody realize that if the NORKS tried to invade the South, the SK Army would knock their block off? They are an elite armed forces and 10 times better than in 53'. They haven't needed our help for 20 years. It would be suicide. More posturing by Jong un.
    Seoul is almost on the border, and would be destroyed

South Korea is our most important ally in Asia! We need to pre-emptively strike North Korea! The sanctions don't work! Need moar war!!

A while back I heard there were only seven nations on the world left without being part of the global controlled network of central banks. The list had Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya on it then. Now I think it is down to Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    N Korea is lead by a child, who absolutely loves Dennis. All the fear mongering & buildup to war could be diffused by the "worm"

Agreed! Call the pentagon - send in the worm!

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Rodman should be our Ambasador & bring all the troops & $$$ back here.
    I'm as against interventionism here as I am anywhere else.... in other words "Completely." But North Korea is still led by a bunch of baffoons. If Dennis Rodman actually seriously thinks highly of its leadership, rather than simply saying so to avoid being arrested, than he is an offensive human being. Does he even know how much sufferingt he Kims have caused in North Korea? I'm not in favor of making war against them, but if SK does indeed make war with NK you bet your lifesaver I'll be rooting for the South even while I advocate the US stop being an empire and let them deal with it themselves.

Uh-oh...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21709917

North Korea says it is scrapping all non-aggression pacts with South Korea, closing its hotline with Seoul and shutting their shared border point.

The announcement follows a fresh round of UN sanctions punishing Pyongyang for its nuclear test last month.

Earlier, Pyongyang said it reserved the right to a pre-emptive nuclear strike against its "aggressors".

The US said it took the threats seriously, but that "extreme rhetoric" was not unusual for Pyongyang.

South Korea's defence ministry said that the North would become "extinct" if it went through with its threat.

The North Korean announcement, carried on the KCNA state news agency, said the North was cancelling all non-aggression pacts with the South and closing the main Panmunjom border crossing inside the Demilitarized Zone.

They have done that before a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I agree that SK would be severely dominant. The problem is that SK is not going to attack the DPRK first, even trying to pre-empt a known attack (at least I don't think). And Kim Jong-un is not going to slowly march down into SK to start the war. He'll lob a nuke over the DMZ and kill a few hundred thousand people to start the next war, and that's being conservative based on their inability to create good guided missiles. If they gain the ability to better target, they could start the war by killing millions of South Koreans. Then the retaliation would potentially involve many innocent DPRK civilians who have no clue what has been happening outside their borders.

There is very little chance that the Kim family will relinquish control or will be overthrown or sanctioned into submission, so I have no idea how those DPRK civilians will ever be free from that regime. I don't want to think that millions dying because of a few deranged people is the only way, but maybe it is. Nothing has come close to helping them in the last 50 years and the civilians have only become more brainwashed in that time, while relinquishing more control to the Kims.

DPRK is a $#@!ty example of what humans are capable of.

I would like to see how China starts dealing with the threats from Kim if the US no longer has a presence on the peninsula. I wish that we would be able to see that scenario.
    Once you go Paul...

Twitter: @ChanceP83