Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2008

Thread: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination on Senate floor

Ahh Mike Durbin back to look like an idiot. 9/11, 9/11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The most amazing part of this is Rand wearing a suit for 12 straight hours. Wearing a tie is very uncomfortable.

Chad Pergram ‏@ChadPergram
    Rep Massie (R-KY) says he saw Paul last nite. "He didn't drink any water and hardly ate any salad. He may have been prepping." #filibuster
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    I think Rand has certainly earned a campaign contribution from me for his Presidential run if and when he runs. Good job Senator Paul!
    Yep. Me too. And I remain very firm in areas where I disagree with him. So...yeah. I guess I'm more inclined to accept that I disagree in some areas but am more willing to work with it after this day.

Damn.. why couldn't he filibuster on a Friday?!? My bedtime folks.. God bless you all, and God bless Rand Paul.

and may Durbin go to hell.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    And also, I still haven't seen chief neo-cons McCain, Graham, and Ayotte (nowhere to be found).
    I don't think McCain likes Rand very much.

Yo, Durbin--when the hell was Osama bin Laden ever on U.S. soil? Huh?

$#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Btw, for those of you amazed at Rand's ability to stay standing and not run to the bathroom for this long, you should go work a polling location on election day! You'll be surprised what you're capable of when you're motivated and passionate about what you're doing.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Noooo where did Rand just go?
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

"After 12 hrs, Rand Paul is still the guy who speaks the most articulately, calmly & clearly up there...and w/out notes. #StandwithRand"

-Laura Ingraham

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/st...32636014059520

I've got to say. Rand and Cruz are probably the two best speakers.

Bin Laden was not a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.

ted cruz gonna deal with the imminent threat debate. speaking now.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yo, Durbin--when the hell was Osama bin Laden ever on U.S. soil? Huh?

$#@!.
    Senator Paul gave a good response...but now, Senator Cruz is giving a great response and attributing back to the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoa View Post
    And also, I still haven't seen chief neo-cons McCain, Graham, and Ayotte (nowhere to be found).
    it will have really jumped the shark if those 3 dolts showed up

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand slipped up against Durbin, but that's to be expected. This is going on 13 hours. I have no idea how he's still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Bin Laden was not a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.
    Duh Duh Durbin!
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I feel so uneasy about this. We KNOW some of these people do not care about this issue. In fact, they probably agree with Obama.... and now they are joining us...

Winning is much scarier than losing.
    Don't feel uneasy. They're just the posers they always were. Just keep your eyes on the prize.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Wasn't OBL a CIA Asset?

I need to send up my ENT just in case they start losing their voices. Nothing like good old steroid injections to take down vocal cord swelling

Also, Rand, don't forget to keep hydrated. And dry clean that suit when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Rand slipped up against Durbin, but that's to be expected. This is going on 13 hours. I have no idea how he's still standing.
    Yeah, but that will be the one thing played again and again.
    Best of luck in life.

That's not fair to turn this into a debate now. Good on Cruz for taking over that question. A fully awake and rested Rand would have answered that question easily. OBL was not an American citizen, was not on US soil, etc. Apples and oranges.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's not fair to turn this into a debate now. Good on Cruz for taking over that question. A fully awake and rested Rand would have answered that question easily. OBL was not an American citizen, was not on US soil, etc. Apples and oranges.
    Yup, good on Cruz. I never knew about this Cruz or this Lee, will have to do research.
    Best of luck in life.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How? By giving him more credit than he deserved?

Rand spoke the truth, and spoke it well. I don't think Durbin's pedantic, obvious, totally irrelevant debate thrust deserved a 'touche', but Rand did refute it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I feel so uneasy about this. We KNOW some of these people do not care about this issue. In fact, they probably agree with Obama.... and now they are joining us...

Winning is much scarier than losing.
    Don't feel uneasy. They're just the posers they always were. Just keep your eyes on the prize.
    Sheeple follow the leader, no matter the leader. Let them follow liberty for a change.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Dudes fist bumping in background
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

RAND PAC 2013 - show some support for his filibuster efforts

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...buster-efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Headline from tomorrow: "GOP engages in a Grand Old Filibuster. Newcomers such as Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz take on Brennan nomination".
    I dunno if tis is gonna be possible this time. I'm a nay-sayer myself, but this seems to be Rands filibuster on everything but the MSM. I dunno if they caould pull that off.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast