Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination on Senate floor

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Justin Raimondo is calling this Rand's shining moment, while some on the right are blasting Rand for not doing this to Hagel...Interesting to see the wide swath of reactions.
    ......and Raimondo's change of heart and objectivity in giving Rand his due when he is doing the right thing. Alot of people slammed him as he has been very critical of Rand.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I give him credit. This really is a watershed moment for our movement. I don't think any Ron speech on the House floor get this much attention. I also like how Rand is exposing the hypocrisy of both sides.

Rand is geeting some serious mainstream play here, CSPANs twitter tweeted out a link, Chuck Todd is retweeting. Mike Vie... someones comments, and this story lead NPRs top of the hour news, NPR even went as far as to report on the letter Holder sent, saying that the letter denied any intent to use the drones in the US, but could "imagine" a scenario where it could happen.

Can we get a pizza bomb going for Rand and his assistants, ala Oklahoma GOP State Convention. This could be end up going until they have to move it to the parking lot.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting observation, there are a few comments on both Twitter and the Huffington Post article that go along the lines of people saying they disagree with Rand Paul on a lot of issues, but agree that the executive branch should not have as much power as it does with the drone policy and the NDAA. This sounds like it'd be a good starting or jumping off point on the war of ideas. Even if someone is a hardcore Democrat or liberal, maybe see what they believe on the drone policy and/or the NDAA.

It's like that one video, name escapes me now, where a man went around telling people about positions that Mitt Romney believed, but at the end, he told them, to their surprise, that it was actually Barack Obama who held those viewpoints. Maybe something like that. Test the waters and see where people stand on these issues. The same could apply to those fighting battles in local, county and state GOP. Find common ground instead of saying that the overall goal should be to put a Republican in the White House.

How one goes about accomplishing this is another thing.

Side-note, it's also interesting to note the people on Twitter who are asking Rubio to join Paul on the Senate floor now.
    Last edited by Mr.NoSmile; 03-06-2013 at 12:33 PM.

CSPAN (the house channel) will re-air this at 3:00

Good grief! Rand needs some Republican to get some balls and join him on this thing. Sorry assed GOP!!!
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Lysander Spooner
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Hope he can keep going until tonight with all the cable shows tuning in and covering it... that would be awesome. Millions will see that.

Ha! I just called both Indiana senators. I asked Senator Coate's aide whether bombing Americans on American soil was a Democrat or Republican position. When the aide started saying, "um... um..." I suggested that if it was NOT a Republican position, Senator Coates needs to get out there and support Rand Paul's filibuster.

Senator Donnelly (a Democrat) is apparently not answering his phones. My calls to him went straight to voice mail, ha!

Everyone - this is a GREAT chance to get some publicity in the area of domestic drone use. KEEP UP THE HEAT! PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    It's like that one video, name escapes me now, where a man went around telling people about positions that Mitt Romney believed, but at the end, he told them, to their surprise, that it was actually Barack Obama who held those viewpoints. Maybe something like that. Test the waters and see where people stand on these issues. The same could apply to those fighting battles in local, county and state GOP. Find common ground instead of saying that the overall goal should be to put a Republican in the White House.

How one goes about accomplishing this is another thing.
    If you said Luke Rudowski of We Are Change in New York City with a Camera you won this weeks game of Liberty Clue.

It sure seems like Rand knows his history!
    Last edited by Schifference; 03-06-2013 at 12:37 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senator Richard Burr's (North Carolina) office is saying that Burr doesn't believe that it's okay to drone strike Americans without charge or trial, but that he doesn't think Brennan thinks it's okay, either.

class in session.
    civics 101
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Rand has ~6,300 likes on the comment he posted an hour ago about the filibuster. His facebook page is benefiting greatly from this. This also seems to be impressing a lot of the Rand doubters quite a bit. So much awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    If you said Luke Rudowski of We Are Change in New York City with a Camera you won this weeks game of Liberty Clue.
    That's the one. Also, interesting tweet:

"#RandPaul worries about Civil Liberties, except of course for infringing on women's reproductive rights and trying to ban same-sex marriage."

This is what I'm talking about when I say votes like that will come back to bite not just Paul, but the GOP in this continuing 'war on women' bit people talk about. Regardless of his reason, that it's called the 'Violence Against Women Act' and that he voted no portrays him as anti-women in the eyes of not just Democrats, but an overwhelmingly majority of women who would vote Democrat. Similar can be said for marriage, though Ron Paul said at GW this week that people should be able to do whatever they like as long as they don't force it on people and it's left to the states. He should adop that view.It'd definitely work well with pro same-sex marriage crowds if Paul basically said the government should have no business in their persona affairs.

somebody else shuffling around in front of Rand.

A helper?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Everyone! PLEASE look up your senators and call. It takes just a few minutes. You don't have to be eloquent, you don't have to make a speech. In fact, the people who answer these calls DON'T CARE about eloquence - they simply put a tic mark in a "FOR" or "AGAINST" column.

Just be clear: "I want to urge senator XXXXX to support Rand Paul's filibuster of the Brennan nomination. I would like to hear the answers Rand Paul is trying to get with this filibuster. Thank you."

Use the links above to find your senator, or simply call the Senate switchboard at:

(202) 224-3121

Just tell the operator what state you live in, and they'll transfer you to the appropriate senators.

This CAN make a difference!

This is great. Rand may go through the entire Bill of Rights!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FRONT PAGE DRUDGE IN RED LETTERS!

"Mr Paul Goes to Washington"

Drudge has also linked to LIVE CSPAN2 Stream.

Sweet!

History, civics, law, morality, Constitution.

two hour mark.

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

'Oh, that's right, you're not allowed to smoke cigarettes anymore.'

Rand Paul is doing a great job, hopefully we get a tube up. I missed the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This is great. Rand may go through the entire Bill of Rights!
    I hope.

If his voice holds up what time they gonna be done for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    It's funny how many times I've seen people say "This is the only issue I agree with Rand" on so many different civil liberty and war issues.
    Those comments are hilarious and make me smile. Rand popped their bubble world

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With the weather there, he could have loads of fun with quorum calls.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

"It's hard to worship after a hellfire missile strike."

LOL!!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast