Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 1,981 to 2,008 of 2008

Thread: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination on Senate floor

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Most likely he will be the lead story on the Sunday morning national news shows.
    Actually, Brandon, I doubt that very much. Broadcast television in general, and The Longest Running Shows in Television History in particular, are specifically designed to insulate the old folks who vote religiously from any form or sort of actual political news at all, while making them feel like they're informed. Which is why none of them even mentioned that Ron Paul was a candidate for president until five days after Super Tuesday.

No, the news that doesn't fit the agenda doesn't get on the Sunday Morning Blather Hours until Rome has already burned to the ground. Fortunately, we don't have to wait that long to see UWD's new sig.

So far the runaway favorite is:

Do yourself a favor

DISREGARD THIS POST

But UWD seems to be sleeping late, so there's still time to vote:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...New-Sig!/page2
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-09-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/09/173830...s-drone-strike

Double Take 'Toons: Rand Paul's Drone Strike?
    March 09, 2013 6:03 AM
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    yup.
    You are wrong. Bet wasnt about "when will article be written/posted" bet was about "will there be articles about Rand". There are obviously articles and: You lost.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

here is the NPR discussion that aired Friday.

Dude lost the bet I think. Pretty easy to see that this story lost it's legs and hailed a taxi.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/08/173815...l-have-a-point

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    You are wrong. Bet wasnt about "when will article be written/posted" bet was about "will there be articles about Rand". There are obviously articles and: You lost.
    You obviously don't understand what the bet was about.

But, see my new sig.

However, it looks like a vast majority of the "news" left on the filibuster is on political junkie shows. It's not headline anywhere anymore.

The reason why I said "13 hours aint $#@!" because I heard Rand was doing a filibuster, and an hour later, it was over. It was a nice political stunt, but if he could have gone on for 24 hours, or longer, it really would have made waves. And if he kept going, people would have started to attack him for not just giving up and shutting up, which would have been a good thing.

Instead, it got some people excited for a day, started a little discussion (which is better than none at all), and then it went to political analyzers who asked less about drone strikes and more about "What is Rand Paul's future in the GOP."
    Last edited by UWDude; 03-09-2013 at 11:29 AM.

lool
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    It is Saturday morning . . .
    unlike before this aint going away - Rand and photos of Rand Paul are all over the place CNN, MSNBC, Fox . . .

so, the GOP establishment wins with Jeb Bush on the Sunday morning circuit of weekly news shows . . .

This turns out perfect . . .
    ignore Rand for the week . . . until the CPAC returns come in . . .
    Florida Senator Marco Rubio on 03.14.2013 at CPAC convention . . .
    "The Republican Party doesn't need any new ideas in order to succeed."

OS / platform :
    RHEL - Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Fedora 17 KDE plasma workspace
    on Google Chrome web browser with Oracle JRE Java 7 Update 17

They're affiliated with Freedom's Phoenix and may lean anarchist. Anyone that labels Rand's filibuster as a publicity stunt is either a hater or a tard, both useless and preoccupied with self-importance.

Isn't that some sort of degreasing agent. Formula 4409 I think it was. People use it to clean up around the kitchen and bathroom.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Isn't that some sort of degreasing agent. Formula 4409 I think it was. People use it to clean up around the kitchen and bathroom.

4409 was their meet-up number during the 2008 campaign for liberty.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Banned

Blog Entries
    I'm still not convinced I was wrong. The steam on this thread sure has died, hasn't it?

Game changer? Viral?

I just don't see it.

I am still not sure I will lose. I wont be here tonight, though, so you all will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the sig will be.

glad to know you're pinning your hopes on something not going well for you, us, the Pauls, and liberty. Yea, that's some character you've got there.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

I'm still not convinced I was wrong. The steam on this thread sure has died, hasn't it?

Game changer? Viral?

I just don't see it.
    Saturday is not usually a big news day. Sunday morning has a large political audience. There are still new stories, though. Here's one from CNN:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ls-filibuster/

March 9th, 2013
    04:14 PM ET
    30 minutes ago
    Inside Sen. Paul's filibuster
    politicalmugshot
    Posted by
    CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - If he had to do it again, he would wear a different pair of shoes. [cont at link]
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    Saturday is not usually a big news day. Sunday morning has a large political audience. There are still new stories, though. Here's one from CNN:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ls-filibuster/
    There was actually very little news coverage, almost no new broadcast segments on Friday. A few bloggers here and there said something. Now it goes to the shows of political junkies like Washington Week and Meet the Nation. Perhaps exciting to watch by a handful of people, but certainly nothing to keep the momentum going.

////

Do Yourself a favor DISREGARD THIS POST

There was actually very little news coverage, almost no new broadcast segments on Friday. A few bloggers here and there said something. Now it goes to the shows of political junkies like Washington Week and Meet the Nation. Perhaps exciting to watch by a handful of people, but certainly nothing to keep the momentum going.

The steam on this thread sure has died, hasn't it?

Game changer? Viral?

I just don't see it.
    This thread was principally a vehicle for people to comment during the course of the 13 hour filibuster. It's a moment by moment posting of observations rather than a thread involving a particular issue. More so than other threads, a given post fades quickly in relation to another (if that even occurs in this situation) and the sheer quantity and diversity make it difficult to follow up on or even locate a previous comment of your own or someone else's. It's meant to be discarded after the event that it follows ends, in lieu of new threads that might raise specific issues related to that event. I mean, the thread for Ron's $6 million money bomb probably fizzled a few hours after the money bomb ended, to be supplanted with other related threads the next day that could be more robust with categorical analysis.

I think 580,000 Tweets and universally wide media coverage qualifies as "viral." And as Rand is now short listed by the MSM as one of the pioneering new leaders of the GOP, one must seriously consider that this was indeed a "game changer."
    Last edited by anaconda; 03-09-2013 at 04:15 PM.

$#@!ing CNN of all places in a top story called Rand the "leader" of the GOP, Gingrich taking up for Rand over mccain, this isnt just game changer but more like an ass backwards alternate universe.

Very strange. WRT Rand, I am impress

Now if only he can keep their attention before theyre all like oh look a squirrel
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we need to start showing people that this isn't just about drones and its not a new issue. People may actually listen and open their eyes to things like the NDAA.

yeah. its not about drones at all. its about preserving bill of rights and constitution and making sure president doesn't get super powers.

I listened to several talk radio shows in Friday and they all were talking about Rand pretty much non stop. Meet the Press and the other Sunday morning shows are not limited to political junkies. Meet the press is the longest running show in history and the most watched Sunday morning show. It has 3.5 million viewers last week, and nearly all of them are active voters. They are extremely popular shows with the older demographic. Yea your college buddies probably aren't watching it, but the people that actually vote in large numbers are watching it. Are you waiting for Rand to have a reality show on MTV before you'll agree what he did made an impact?

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/thi...ypart-ratings/
    Last edited by brandon; 03-09-2013 at 05:21 PM.

I'd be interested in knowing what you think DOES stay in the news to meet your rigorous criteria? Mass Murder? A Cop Killer on the lose? Hell a frigging meteorite hitting the earth lasted less time in the news!

You make some prediction and bet based on a time scale that is astronomical in terms of an MSM that caters to the attention span of people with serial ADHD.

You act as if the majority of the population pays attention to politics outside of the occasional election or drama over pre-manufactured deadlines meant to stir people up!

Anyways, there has been plenty of coverage throughout the weekend. When people are talking about it around the water cooler the next day, that is way more evidence of the impact the filibuster had than how many MSM news segments it gets.

You lost your bet. Stop acting like a teenager who thinks that being wrong about something and admitting it will make the pain of being wrong worse. Continually acting like you were right about your "prediction" just makes you look even more foolish than you looked in making the prediction.

Do yourself a favor and disregard this thread if it is that meaningless for you.

Banned

Blog Entries
    I saw tonight that "rand paul" was on the top stories, along with Hugo chavez. I figured by now he wouldn't be there, so I guess the waves were bigger than expected.

I am very happy they are. I was very upset about the killing of Awlaki's son a few weeks ago in particular. And I started a thread about it on another forum, although it was already a month or two old news. It felt like this injustice and overreach of executive authority would go unnoticed, but I think Rand Paul's filibuster was enough to shed new light, and reignite the discussion on why this kid was killed.

So props to rand.

And disregard this post.

Bump.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667