Thread: The media still hates the South

The media still hates the South

Have you seen the recent uproar from the media and the left for the Supreme Court even considering throwing out once and for all the Voting Rights Act?

According to them the South is fundamentally racist and should be punished forever with discriminatory laws.

SNL got on the act this past weekend:

-
    During the Weekend Update segment of SNL tonight, Seth Meyers and host Kevin Hart mocked the Supreme Court for even considering the Voting Rights Act is outdated. Meyers found this just slightly hypocritical, saying “I don’t think you get to say what’s outdated when you’re a small council of old people in robes who decide our laws and can’t be fired.”

On the argument that the Voting Rights Act unfairly punishes the South, Meyers admitted that the North has “some of America’s best racists,” but compared the South to the Michael Jordan of racism. Hart told the justices that they can’t just do stuff like this because they have their “one black friend”: Clarence Thomas.

Hart mocked the idea it’s unconstitutional, saying black people for some reason are particularly sensitive about what’s considered constitutional. Meyers pointed out that if the South had its way, they would get their very own president, with Hart admitting he’s still nervous about traveling south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Meyers singled out Mississippi for being the one state that only just now got around to outlawing slavery, quipping that not only did it take them 150 years after Lincoln, but “they waited six months after Lincoln the movie.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/snl-lays-...dan-of-racism/
    -

The disgusting prejudice against the Southern United States is still rampant in today's media and they will stop at nothing than to smear and bully its people.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait, so you're telling me they're not only still airing SNL, but they're actually making new episodes too?

Quote Originally Posted by noneedtoaggress View Post
    Wait, so you're telling me they're not only still airing SNL, but they're actually making new episodes too?
    Nah, SNL went off the air with the deaths of Belushi and Radner...

The media likes the viewers they have that are in the South.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Who cares, the south doesn't care much for them either. lol

oOOOO ... our own president? Ron Paul! for pres of the south!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Hell I love the South and I came from the North. You can keep your high taxes, higher requlations, snow storms and gun regulations. Thankfully the libitards haven't made it this far yet. HOLD THE LINE!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    No where near enough support for him atleast here in TN. They all wanted Frothy, Mr big government "my way".

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Not true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I am the person who, in 1994, alerted all African-American Mississippi legislators that Mississippi had not ratified the 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution -- and since I am the person who furnished all of them with the draft language for the concurrent resolution and asked them to introduce it in the 1995 legislative session and secure its passage -- I would like to add some information that has been overlooked in the past several days. As for then-Secretary of State Dick Molpus and his employees, the Mississippi Secretary of State's office did mail out copies of Mississippi's Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 547 back in 1995 to addressees in Washington, D.C.

I know this because then-Vice President Al Gore received his copy of it and it is printed in full -- verbatim -- in the U.S. Senate's portion of the Congressional Record of Oct. 24, 1995, and was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary in that body.

Furthermore, then-Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich likewise received his copy of it, and it is summarized in the U.S. House of Representatives' portion of the Congressional Record on Dec. 5, 1995, and was likewise referred to the Committee on the Judiciary in that body.

Additionally, Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, D-Miss., inserted into the Congressional Record on Sept. 13, 1995, a statement acknowledging the adoption of SCR No. 547.

I cannot imagine what might have happened to any transmittal by Mr. Molpus or his staff that would have been addressed to the Archivist of the United States back in 1995 but, clearly, Mr. Molpus and his staff did their due diligence 18 years ago as evidenced by the fact that Messrs. Gore and Gingrich obviously got their copies of SCR No. 547 during that year.

There is case law (the 1939 decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in Coleman v. Miller) stipulating that it is Congress that ultimately determines if a state legislature's ratification of a federal constitutional amendment is proper, timely and valid.

The National Archives (under Public Law 98-497) functions as merely a custodian of the documents and does not make such determinations -- other than simply to declare that the required number of state legislative ratifications has become known to the federal government.

If Congress were to disagree with the National Archives in such a matter, then it is Congress' opinion that would prevail in such a dispute, according to Coleman v. Miller.

On top of that, as I read Federal Register Director Charles A. Barth's letter of Feb. 7, I construe it to mean that the Mississippi Legislature's action in 1995 -- not what has happened in the past few weeks -- is what made Mississippi's ratification of the 13th Amendment official.

True, when I composed the draft resolution in 1994, I did include a reference to the Public Law, and to the Archivist of the United States, but receipt by Congress of SCR No. 547 was by far more pressing.

GREGORY WATSON

http://www.sunherald.com/2013/02/26/...-was-very.html
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

The South still hates the media.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    The media still hates the South
    They hate us for our freedom.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Well maybe it will keep the yankees away..Cause we don't care how they do it up north as long as they stay there.

Hopefully there's a serious backlash from southerners as this continues. We need as many people hating the gov as humanly possible in these crucial days

Southerners
    Germans
    Middle Easterners

The media will hate those people forever

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let 'em keep on hating.....it won't change a thing.

My GGGGrandfather second from left.:

Unrepentant to the end: Stephen Pittman at Confederate veterans reunion, circa 1910. The flag he is holding is a family flag with the names of his brothers and cousins lost to The War. A little hard to see, but Stephen lost his right leg.

Lest we forget:

On July 1, 2006 at the Old Pittman Cemetery in Walthall County, Mississippi memorial services were held to dedicate five new markers for Charles, Daniel, Enoch, James and Richard Pittman. The Pittman family turned out in force to honor their ancestors and SCV Camps from two states were represented. Visitors came from as far west as Louisiana and as far east as the Carolinas. May God bless the memory of these men!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: My brother has made a project of getting markers erected for our fallen Confederates. These were the first ones of our family, but he has gotten others put up. A special point of pride is that they are paid for by our Federal Govt.
    "The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form"..... Jefferson Davis

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle".
    .....Edmund Burke

"A corrupt electoral process can only lead to corrupt Government."
    ......jay_dub

We must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    We must be doing something right.
    They seem to hate us Arizonans too. We're all racists down here in the Sonoran, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dub View Post

Great photos by the way!

But, I think I see the South's problem in this photo. There's still too much American nationalism embedded here.

They've got to realize that the current model is no longer sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    RP is already president of the internetz...the South shouldn't be much harder to conquer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Giuliani was there on 911 View Post
    Southerners
    Germans
    Middle Easterners

The media will hate those people forever
    I'm two out of three. Do I win something?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well..this just seems like the right thread to put this in...
    Top 40 list - Things never heard in WV, KY, TX, FL, NC

40. Oh I just couldn't. Hell, she's only sixteen.
    39. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
    38. Duct tape won't fix that.
    37. Lisa Marie was lucky to catch Michael.
    36. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.
    35. We don't keep firearms in this house.
    34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?
    33. You can't feed that to the dog.
    32. I thought Graceland was tacky.
    31. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.
    30. Wrasslin's fake.
    29. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?
    28. We're vegetarians.
    27. Do you think my gut is too big?
    26. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy.
    25. Honey, we don't need another dog.
    24. Who's Richard Petty?
    23. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
    22. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
    21. Spittin is such a nasty habit.
    20. I just couldn't find a thing at Walmart today.
    19. Trim the fat off that steak.
    18. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.
    17. The tires on that truck are too big.
    16. I'll have the arugula and radicchio salad.
    15. I've got it all on the C drive.
    14. Unsweetened tea tastes better.
    13. Would you like your salmon poached or broiled?
    12. My fiance, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.
    11. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.
    10. Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
    9. Checkmate.
    8. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.
    7. Does the salad bar have bean sprouts?
    6. Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.
    5. I don't have a favorite college team.
    4. Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
    3. I believe you cooked those green beans too long.
    2. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Darla.
    1. Nope, no more for me. I'm drivin tonight.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    apparently northers don't like the term "War of Northern Aggression" which is the term I used my entire life.

Slutter McGee