Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best precious metals company is Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Precious Metals!

Best precious metals company is Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Precious Metals!

I recently purchased for precious metals. So as I’m sure everybody else does, I go online to check out the best prices. And I’ve purchased from Kitco, APMEX, Southern Coins and Precious Metals, Gainesville Coins and a whole host of others. But I had not found a company that I would want to constantly do business with. But then I was saw Peter Schiff on TV talking about precious metals and then I remembered doesn’t he have a precious metals company? He does, Euro Pacific Precious Metals.

Now I don’t know about you guys but I love Peter Schiff. His radio show is great, his newsletters are great (Gold Report and Global Investor) and most of all he is a die-hard Ron Paul supporter. He actually was Ron’s economic advisor on the 2008 Presidential campaign. So I decided to check out his company’s website (www.europacmetals.com). They do not have pricing on the website, no biggie, so I decided to give the office a call. And boy was I blown away! Everybody in there is just like me! Its small company but every senior broker in there is a libertarian who is a student of the Austrian school of economics like Ron Paul, Murray Rothbard and Peter Schiff.

The senior brokers are not your average salesmen. Everybody is extremely knowledge about the markets, the current state in Washington, and of course precious metals. The website says the minimum order per transaction is $10,000 but that is not true. Many of the senior brokers are extremely flexible and they would be willing to do about 3-5 K per order. But not only does the company provide excellent customer service, they have among the lowest prices in the industry! They blew APMEX prices of the water! And they can match and constantly beat all of their competitors’ prices. I ordered 110 silver maples and the payment process could not have been any simpler. You could send a bank wire, mail a check to their NYC office and go to your local Chase bank branch and simply deposit the check there. And they are more than happy to give their expert recommendations or simply just have a conversation about politics or the economy. I cannot recommend this company more highly, I finally found my company!
    Last edited by Socki75; 03-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like you work for him. A 4.5% sales load is kind of high though. Expense ratios are a bit above average as well. These costs can reduce your total returns.

So tell me more about this Peter Schiff guy...

I do not work for the company. I wish I did. Seems like the coolest job ever!

I would love to work for a company like Europac. The only type of financial institutions I'd feel good about working for is helping others escape the dollar.

EDIT: Also to the OP, your first post needs paragraphs. Hard to read. Thanks for the info regardless. Good to know.
    Last edited by muh_roads; 03-03-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Curious what sort of mark-up he has on his coins (not shown on his site). At the recent close of $28.50 an ounce 110 Silver Maple Leafs would have $3135 worth of silver in them. Care to indicate what you paid? What about shipping costs? Thanks.
    (noticed an identical post at the Daily Paul http://www.dailypaul.com/276714/best...recious-metals ).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Curious what sort of mark-up he has on his coins (not shown on his site). At the recent close of $28.50 an ounce 110 Silver Maple Leafs would have $3135 worth of silver in them. Care to indicate what you paid? What about shipping costs? Thanks.
    (noticed an identical post at the Daily Paul http://www.dailypaul.com/276714/best...recious-metals ).
    +1

Sounds like you work for him. A 4.5% sales load is kind of high though. Expense ratios are a bit above average as well. These costs can reduce your total returns.
    What does it matter? The bottom line is that the final price beats the competition.

(noticed an identical post at the Daily Paul).
    How horrible! Posting the same message on two Ron Paul sites. Off with his head!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What does it matter? The bottom line is that the final price beats the competition.

How horrible! Posting the same message on two Ron Paul sites. Off with his head!
    Does it? We don't know yet so I was asking. Just trying to see if it does beat the compeition. Site also lists minimum purchases of $10,000.

For comparison on prices (if we can find out how much Schiff is asking):

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/spe...-buy-gold.html
    APMEX: (OK) For purchases of one to 19 coins there is a 5% markup; for 20 to 99 coins it’s 4.8%; for 100 or more it’s 4%. You must open a free online account. You’ll pay $25 shipping for orders under $25,000; shipping is free if you buy more. Payment by check or wire transfer is preferred.

Read more at http://www.kiplinger.com/article/spe...dQzZmhAYsYe.99
    That would make 110 silver Maple Leafs $3206.4 plus $25 shipping or $3285.40

If something sounds like an ad and is getting posted in multiple places it comes off as looking like spam.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Just trying to see if it does beat the compeition. Site also lists minimum purchases of $10,000.
    So? He said in his post that they are flexible on that.

I paid just a shade over $3000. $25 for shipping. Shipping is free if you order 10 ounces of gold or 500 ounces of silver.

APMEX costs more. And I was just making sure I got the word out on both Ron Paul forums because some people only use 1 and not the other.

sorry- double post
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Thank you for getting back to us with the numbers. What percent did the mark- up over spot represent if you don't mind? "A shade over $3000" doesn't tell us much about that. I can understand not wanting to reveal an exact dollar amount you paid- just trying to learn the percentage he charges.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.

and 110 silver maples on APMEX right is $3,500.20 not included $25 in shipping and insurance.

I was told the amount in dollars over spot rather than percentage... They buy on the open market at $1.80 over spot per coin and I got charged about $2.70 per ounce.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK- we can calcluate. That helps. $2.70 an ounce is almost ten percent at $28.50 an ounce- current spot price. (9.5% actually). So shipping would be the same as APMEX but markup is nearly double. Thanks again for the figures.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.

That would make 110 silver Maple Leafs $3206.4 plus $25 shipping or $3285.40
    Silver Maple Leafs are going for $31.79 (purchases of 100-499) at APMEX if paid by wire transfer or $32.23 if paid by credit card.

That works out to $3496.90 or $3543.30 plus shipping.

http://www.apmex.com/Product/72463/2...aple_Leaf.aspx

I bought when silver was over $30 an ounce

it came out to about 3.8 over spot per ounce

That helps. $2.70 an ounce is almost ten percent at $28.50 an ounce- current spot price. (9.5% actually). So shipping would be the same as APMEX but markup is nearly double.
    Markup at APMEX for 110 Canadian Silver Eagles is at $3.09/oz.

For $2.70 to be 3.8% over spot the spot price would have had to be $44.74 an ounce.

(re-checking my math- brain not working that good at the moment).

I was very low. $2.70 is actually 3.8% of $71 an ounce. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Markup at APMEX for 110 Canadian Silver Eagles is at $3.09/oz.
    Thank you for checking their numbers. I was trying to calculate using the figure from the article I found. Sounds like transaction costs may be pretty similar based on that. So pretty comparable after all.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socki75 View Post
    I bought when silver was over $30 an ounce
    I see. So let's say $30 an ounce plus the $2.70. That would be $32.70 or $3,597 for 110 units. Yeah, a "shade' over $3000. Plus shipping.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another thing is there isnt a set price. You can actually haggle with them to see if you can get better prices. I truly urge you to give them a call.

Gainesville has always been the cheapest when I compare. Interesting to see Schiff's prices are low as well.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Absolutely. They beat Gainesville prices I was shocked about that!

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    Gainesville has always been the cheapest when I compare. Interesting to see Schiff's prices are low as well.
    Looks like they are $2.47 over spot on Maple Leafs (wire payment- $3.33 credit). $2.17 in units of 25 (3.08 credit). http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/cate...ver-coins.aspx

Like I said Zippyjuan, if you are interested in comparing prices give them a call tomorrow. Hear it straight from them.

Just my opinion (nobody knows for sure) but I think metals have peaked for now. But I do now agree that prices seem competitive (I do think his mutual funds are too pricey but again- just my opinion).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast