Thread: Small businesses not feeling the love?

Exclamation Small businesses not feeling the love?

I was listening to POTUS '08 on the drive in to work this morning, and they had on the phone a pollster from Zoomerang and the CEO of a small business. Their talking point (in a nutshell) was that none of the Presidential candidates appeared to be addressing the issues that small businesses are facing (employee health care, taxes, regulation, etc.) They also mentioned that there were 23M small businesses in America, and by and large their owners/CEOs are independents. 80-85% of the small business owners surveyed stated that they were dissatisfied with the attention their issues were getting, and more than half of them had yet to choose a candidate to support.

Dr. Paul's message was MADE for small businesses. I think we should brainstorm for ways to reach this audience. Ideas?
    Precinct Captain - TX4508
    Proud Ron Paul Republican

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need some literature targeting small businesses that would explain how a Ron Paul presidency will greatly benefit them.

Oops, I've just repeated what your post essentially said.

On this page of the campaign site is a lot of different slim jims:
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/downloads/

One is specifically about Small Business:
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Sma...essSlimJim.pdf

About 50 of us in Phoenix went out last weekend to a main street and walked with signs while 4 or 5 went in to every business we passed and introduced Ron Paul and gave a nice greeting. We told them he was running for president and that he was great for small business due to cutting the personal income tax and less regulations and red tape for small business. If it was a restaurant or hair salon, we left them fliers about the Tax Free Tips act.

They were ALL very receptive! Much more interested than the average homeowner has been. They didn't mind being bothered (we never interrupted a customer) and were nice and smiley and took our handouts. They were very interesred and I recommend this type of canvassing to all grassroots volunteers. Especially if you can order a bunch of the Small Business SLim Jims (which we wished we had)!

Is there official campaign material for small businesses?

If so, order some, bust out the phone book, and start stuffing envelopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron LOL View Post
    Is there official campaign material for small businesses?

If so, order some, bust out the phone book, and start stuffing envelopes.
    +1
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by acstichter View Post
    On this page of the campaign site is a lot of different slim jims:
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/downloads/

One is specifically about Small Business:
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/Sma...essSlimJim.pdf
    What Acstichter said

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, there is official campaign material for Small Business. See above. It's very good and it is only $5 for 100 handouts.

Stuff envelopes (expensive: costs $50 to mail out $5 worth of handouts) but better yet hit the streets with your meetup.

OK, OK, I'm in sunny Arizona where it is still 70 degrees. I don't know how you handle yourselves in the snowy/rainy part of the country, ugh!

Buy them here...
    http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=40

Our Price: $5.00 for one pack of 100 slim jims

Bulk Pricing: 2-4 packs for $4.00/each, 5+ packs for $3.00/each.

As a small business owner, I know that almost all small business owners would fully support Ron Paul. We are overwhelmed with the paperwork by regulations, taxes, etc. Big businesses just hire more people its a lot harder for small business. Only small businesses I would avoid are Income tax accountants or ones that survive off of Federal contracts (which are rare).
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    As a small business owner, I know that almost all small business owners would fully support Ron Paul. We are overwhelmed with the paperwork by regulations, taxes, etc. Big businesses just hire more people its a lot harder for small business. Only small businesses I would avoid are Income tax accountants or ones that survive off of Federal contracts (which are rare).
    it's up to you to get the word out to fellow entrepreneurs !

b/c noone but RP woudl help them - they will get taxed up the wazoo and then some to pay for teh war....they just need to hope they are big enough and have a product they can export

We've gotten a bunch of small business owners on board just through my ex's family. Probably about half of her relatives are business owners. Her pops and his brother own a 4th generation paint/wallpaper retail store and construction business. We got them on board about 2 months ago, and they now have a sign in the window for RP and a stack of slimjims on each counter. They've also spread the word to probably 20 or so other local business owners who regularly come into the shop.

Then two of her aunts each run their own hair salons. Small towns, so everyone in town visits either their shop or the barber. (I hadn't even thought to hit up the barber. They almost always talk sports or politics while working on someone.)

One of her uncles owns a garage, one manages a hotel, and another owns a pizza place. All of them have donated and tell others about RP whenever they get the chance.

We got the butcher down the road from her house to stock slim jims as well.

I can't wait for our small business slim jims to come in. Once they do, we'll be hitting every business in the area. Up 'til this point, we've just been telling those where we know the owners.

Great ideas

Quote Originally Posted by acstichter View Post
    About 50 of us in Phoenix went out last weekend to a main street and walked with signs while 4 or 5 went in to every business we passed and introduced Ron Paul and gave a nice greeting. We told them he was running for president and that he was great for small business due to cutting the personal income tax and less regulations and red tape for small business. If it was a restaurant or hair salon, we left them fliers about the Tax Free Tips act.

They were ALL very receptive! Much more interested than the average homeowner has been. They didn't mind being bothered (we never interrupted a customer) and were nice and smiley and took our handouts. They were very interesred and I recommend this type of canvassing to all grassroots volunteers. Especially if you can order a bunch of the Small Business SLim Jims (which we wished we had)!
    Great idea.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.