Thread: Any challengers for NC Vice Chair yet?

Any challengers for NC Vice Chair yet?

Glen, has anyone else announced intention to run for the office yet? Can't start planning strategy and digging up dirt too early. I looked around but didn't find anything.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for coming to the Mecklenburg. It was nice meeting you.

Glen has 2 opponents so far for Vice Chair. One is Dave Goetz (he posts on Facebook as "Major Dave"). He was present at the Mecklenburg convention today, although he must have left before candidates had a chance to speak. Goetz is a disgruntled former constituent of Glen's who has a personal vendetta against him over differences of opinion on last year's Marriage Amendment.

The other opponent is probably the closest thing this race has to an "establishment" candidate. His name is Marcus Kindley. He is a former Chairman of the Guilford County GOP. He's run for State Chairman multiple times over the last few years and lost every time. He very much dislikes Liberty activists and blames us for Romney's loss in November.

Pleasure to meet you jacque. Neither opponent sounds too intimidating.

One thing I did want to mention to Glen (but didn't want to interrupt his campaigning) was that during his speech he never said what office he is running for! Name recognition is of course helpful but always include at least two mentions of what office you're running for! I enjoyed Glen's speech but if I didn't already know, I still wouldn't know the office he is seeking.

"I am Glen Bradley and I am running for the office of Vice Chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party and I ask for your vote in June"

Always ask for their vote at the end of the speech.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-24-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Thanks for the input. Glen did have that in his prepared speech but was cut off. I will make sure he remembers to put it at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    He very much dislikes Liberty activists and blames us for Romney's loss in November.
    sounds familiar to all the rest of the RINO's

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    sounds familiar to all the rest of the RINO's
    Only his ideas got horrifically crushed. Came in 4th of 4 behind a guy who runs and loses every time the last 12 years running. I think that was the real tell of the race. "we hate you freedom people" got utterly destroyed.

And I still see NC as being "the model" for a 'takeover' by principles. The Republican voters demand a principled Republican delegation. They aren't getting it. Removing the status quo is a legitimate goal, and the more we include the whole grassroots, the more we will grow and advance. Back in 2009 when I was screaming for everyone to bite the bullets and stay in good peace with the Tea Parties, I was trying to set it up nationwide. Look what happened in KY when they did.

We and Tea agree on 90% or better. They have some strange ideas about Jesus on a white horse conquering Iran with an American flag on one shoulder and an Israeli flag on the other, and we have some strange ideas about selling heroin to kids at the local drug store. Look at the perceptions we are both drawing around each other, and recognize that we mostly hate the parodies of each other.

Get with all of the grassroots around our common ground, which is pretty much we want government that obeys the Constitution, and push that one thing only. And be righteous about it. Don't 'use' it to get into office and then go for the big money sinecure.

I went to a rally that was mostly Occupy, and got the attendees to flood a traditional Tea booth in positive interest. My message was "obey the Constitution." Do that within the Party also, and as principles slowly step up there is a genuine (not manufactured) tsunami that overwhelms the status quo.

It took Karl Rove to pull up some dry ground this time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.