Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

It's okay this time because she saved Daryl's life. If the bitch keeps it up, I'm gonna have a problem with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You think Carl is eventually going to be the lead character
    in a Walking Dead spin-off set about a decade into the future?
    There are days when Rick is with it & the days he's too old.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I agree, Carol has become bad ass. She used to get on my nerves but I like her now.
    Me too. She actually seems to have become better-looking. Maybe that's because Rick and Daryl are getting greasier, hard to say.

It's okay this time because she saved Daryl's life. If the bitch keeps it up, I'm gonna have a problem with her.
    I think you jelly.

I agree, Carol has become bad ass. She used to get on my nerves but I like her now.
    Well, she was an abused spouse and then her child got lost and turned, so....she is growing. And becoming a bad ass.

Carol in the comics was kinda a freak:

They may try that story line with Tara, Glenn and Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Is Tara the lesbian girl that was hanging out with Glenn? If so, yeah I could see that.

Carol in the comics was kinda a freak:
    She can have Rick but she needs to keep her creepy paws off muh man.

I can't stand the Glen/Maggie love story, there is zero chemistry between those two. The addition of Tara could only improve that story line.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Me too. She actually seems to have become better-looking. Maybe that's because Rick and Daryl are getting greasier, hard to say.
    The extra grease only makes Daryl hotter. I think Carol is a very pretty woman and I wish her all the happiness in the world...with Rick.

I think you jelly.
    Maybe.

The extra grease only makes Daryl hotter. I think Carol is a very pretty woman and I wish her all the happiness in the world...with Rick.

Maybe.
    The extra grease makes Daryl hotter, but Rick uglier. Bleh. Carole is simply a nice-looking person, who is someone I'd always want on my side in an apocalyptic state. I'd do what I could to make sure I stayed on her good side--same with Daryl.

Carl has, on occasion, creeped me out.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The extra grease makes Daryl hotter, but Rick uglier. Bleh. Carole is simply a nice-looking person, who is someone I'd always want on my side in an apocalyptic state. I'd do what I could to make sure I stayed on her good side--same with Daryl.

Carl has, on occasion, creeped me out.
    Yeah, Rick's looking pretty gross. I'd want Daryl and Carol on my side too but Carol better keep her hands to herself or I might have her look at the flowers.

I'm glad Carl seems to be getting over his teen angst crap. He was annoying last season.

Andrew Lincoln's beard has gotten noticeably grayer in the last year. Or he just stopped dying it.

dying... get it ?

Andrew Lincoln's beard has gotten noticeably grayer in the last year. Or he just stopped dying it.

dying... get it ?

dying... get it ?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Just a few WD-related items.

http://cheezburger.com/8354336512

Great job!

EITHER YOU’RE THE BUTCHER OR YOU’RE THE CATTLE
    http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...re-the-cattle/
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...cher-or-cattle

Our present day world may not be as brutish as the Walking Dead world, though the line between reality and fiction is often indistinguishable when you turn on the news, but the distinction between butchers and cattle is clear. The elected and non-elected rulers of the deep state are the butchers, sending young men off to die for oil companies and arms dealers, impoverishing the masses through inflation and their control of the currency, and enriching themselves through their complete control of the political, financial, judicial, and economic systems. This establishment, or invisible government as Bernays described, is committed to its own enrichment and perpetuation. Its scope, financial resources, and global reach put it in a predator class all by itself.

The common people are the cattle being led to slaughter. We are kept docile with incessant propaganda from the mainstream media; marketing messages to consume from Madison Avenue; filtered, adjusted, manipulated economic data fed to us by government agencies; an endless supply of iGadgets and other electronic distractions; government education designed to keep us ignorant; 24/7 reality TV on six hundred stations to keep us entertained; corporate toxic processed food to keep us obese and tame; and an endless supply of Wall Street supplied debt to keep us caged in our pens with no hope of escape. The butchers of the deep state have maintained control for decades, but we’re entering a new era.

Fourth Turnings result in the tables being turned on the butchers. Some cattle are awakening from their stupor. They can see the bloody writing on the slaughterhouse wall. Anyone who isn’t sensing a dramatic mood change in this country is either a mindless zombie or a functionary of the deep state. The financial shenanigans of the ruling class are again being revealed as nothing but a Ponzi scheme built on a foundation of debt and propped up by delusions and ignorance. When the house of cards collapses in the near future, the tables will turn. When people have nothing left to lose, they will lose it. The butchers will become the cattle. There will be no sanctuary for these evil men. Their reign of terror will be swept away in a whirlwind of retribution, death and destruction. It might even make the Walking Dead look like a walk in the park.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

^^^^ That reminds me, I need to sharpen my pitchfork.

Ok, so now Maggie is off to DC with Glenn... I feel like we may be forgetting something...

Hey Maggie!

Last edited by CaptUSA; 10-27-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Why the big mystery with Darryl at the end?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Ok, so now Maggie is off to DC with Glenn... I feel like we may be forgetting something...

Exactly. Huge plot hole.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yeah, they had some Tara/Maggie hints built in to the last episode.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Technically, I believe they were just half-sisters.

Was anyone else delighted when Glenn told Rick "It's not your call" last ep? For a "libertarian" forum, there seems to be little criticism around here of a blatant tyrannical dictatorship under Rick.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Was anyone else delighted when Glenn told Rick "It's not your call" last ep? For a "libertarian" forum, there seems to be little criticism of a blatant tyrannical dictatorship under Rick.
    I must have missed where Rick forced anybody to stay with him.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I must have missed where Rick forced anybody to stay with him.
    Glenn was telling the Sgt that he an Maggie would go to DC with him and Rick tried to jump in all like "the hell you're not!" or whatever, and Glenn told him that isn't your call.

As to what I think is your larger point, I ask: just because I have the right to emigrate from the US, does that make it fair what our government does?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Glenn was telling the Sgt that he an Maggie would go to DC with him and Rick tried to jump in all like "the hell you're not!" or whatever, and Glenn told him that isn't your call.
    Oh, I thought you meant previous to the incident you mentioned where glenn stood up to him and showed him that it was not in fact a tyrannical dictatorship.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glenn has shown that he can step up and be a leader if necessary. On some level, Rick understood it was the best way to resolve the situation. This is a different Ricktatorship than the one from previous seasons; it is more absolute, but also more fluid. The code he leads by is changing, which could make him dangerous to the group. The first 3 episodes, we already have Rick being challenged by Carl and Glenn from the original group, plus Abraham and Bob.

Ewwww...

'Walking Dead' inspires burger that tastes like human

If you're looking for one of the most disgusting ways to celebrate the return of AMC's zombie drama "The Walking Dead," book a ticket to London next week.

At a yet-to-be-revealed secret location in East London on Sept. 30, British chefs Miss Cakehead and James Tomlinson will host a pop-up kitchen (appropriately called Terminus Tavern) and serve "cannibal burgers." The interesting culinary creation, produced in partnership with Fox (which will air "The Walking Dead" in the U.K.), is made using testimonials from famous cannibals on the taste of human flesh.

"With fans up and down the country hungry for Season 5 of 'The Walking Dead,' this is certainly a unique tribute to the series," Tomlinson told HorrorTalk. "My food is inspired by flavor combinations and fresh produce, so it was a little odd to be inspired by the words of cannibals instead."

Using the testimonials as a guide — "It melted in my mouth like raw tuna at a sushi restaurant," says Issei Sagawa; "It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted," says William Seabrook — Tomlinson and Cakehead created a recipe that's composed of pork, veal and a bit of minced bone marrow.

"Salt and pepper to taste, the less seasoning you use the more it tastes like human flesh!!!," Tomlinson enthusiastically states in his recipe.

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cu...#ixzz3Hcyfc6Py

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Why the big mystery with Darryl at the end?
    This is supposedly who he is talking to:

He is from the hospital, and he definitely knows Beth.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Noah_%28Season_5%29

Was anyone else delighted when Glenn told Rick "It's not your call" last ep? For a "libertarian" forum, there seems to be little criticism around here of a blatant tyrannical dictatorship under Rick.

Not blatant...they've pretty much elected him leader. Remember when he got all freaked out about killing and just wanted to grow veggies? They all but begged him to get back to his old self because they wanted him to lead them.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast