Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This season is not a disappoint. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Of course, Daryl's too cool to carry around fake dead squirrels.

I wonder if Beth's still alive.
    She is still alive, or at least we will see her story. She is in a hospital, run by a well-organized group. Speculation is that they may be snatching people and doing experiments on them to try to find a cure. The preacher may be playing a part in that- remember the funeral home was well-stocked with canned food. Also possible babies could be born with immunity.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-20-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    She is still alive, or at least we will see her story. She is in a hospital. Speculation is that they may be snatching people and doing experiments on them to try to find a cure. The preacher may be playing a part in that- remember the funeral home was well-stocked with canned food. Also possible babies could be born with immunity.
    That sounds pretty cool. I was ready to give up on this show last year, I'm glad I didn't.

That sounds pretty cool. I was ready to give up on this show last year, I'm glad I didn't.
    Well, she was not simply going to disappear. There will be a story line there. BTW, I showed the ole lady your Darryl/Medusa meme. She laughed her ass off and said "Yesss, Yesss."

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    He's one of the few men on TV who's actually rather sexy, in a very dirty way.
    For Amy

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, she was not simply going to disappear. There will be a story line there. BTW, I showed the ole lady your Darryl/Medusa meme. She laughed her ass off and said "Yesss, Yesss."
    For Phil's beautiful lady.

Bobecue

Someone who read the comics said it was Dale instead of Bob. When he woke up and found out what happened, he laughed at the hunters and told them they were eating tainted meat. They got mad and beat him, then dropped him off at the church as a warning to the others.

I think in the next episode the same thing might happen with Bob, because the promos showed him getting kicked.
    Aha! We were wondering if Bob got bit during the zombie fight in the flooded food pantry. Just before he gets caught by Garreth, you see him crying alone over something - and I wondered if he was thinking he was gonna die now. Then when you realize they were eating Bob's leg - well, it should kill them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Aha! We were wondering if Bob got bit during the zombie fight in the flooded food pantry. Just before he gets caught by Garreth, you see him crying alone over something - and I wondered if he was thinking he was gonna die now. Then when you realize they were eating Bob's leg - well, it should kill them, right?
    I thought he might blow his brains out so he didn't turn. And he seemed to be taking a long time to turn, most people turn rather quickly. Maybe he just got injured and thought it was a bite.

I hope so but I'm not so sure about that. Everyone's a carrier and they've been eating people for awhile and haven't died. I dunno. It also seems like Bob would've been screaming in agony when he came to but he seemed to be handling an amputation pretty well.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's one of the few men on TV who's actually rather sexy, in a very dirty way.

I think Rick is sexier. After a shower of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I think Rick is sexier. After a shower of course.
    I don't. I think it's the "taboo" of Daryl being a bit white trashy--of course his confidence and self-reliance doesn't detract either.

I don't. I think it's the "taboo" of Daryl being a bit white trashy--of course his confidence and self-reliance doesn't detract either.
    Yeah, I don't think I find him attractive out of character.

Last edited by Suzanimal; 10-20-2014 at 09:03 PM.

And don't forget the romantic aspect...a guy like that in real life would ask you to pull his finger. LOL

On the subject of Daryl, when Rick got freed from his restraints at the sanctuary, he cut Glen free first, then Daryl. Uhm, if Im in that type of situation, I'm cutting Daryl free first, glen can wait. just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    On the subject of Daryl, when Rick got freed from his restraints at the sanctuary, he cut Glen free first, then Daryl. Uhm, if Im in that type of situation, I'm cutting Daryl free first, glen can wait. just saying...
    Yeah, I would've definitely cut Daryl lose first. I also kinda wish Glen had died, he's annoying.

No doubt. And that ain't because he's a bit sexy. I'm cutting Daryl free, then Michonne, then maybe Glen. I'll have to re-watch the episode because I lost part of it due to some funky DVR issue.

And don't forget the romantic aspect...a guy like that in real life would ask you to pull his finger. LOL
    Okay...that's a turnoff. Doesn't take long for reality to set in.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay...that's a turnoff. Doesn't take long for reality to set in.
    Wait, wut? That's a turnoff? damnit I've been going about life all wrong.

Wait, wut? That's a turnoff? damnit I've been going about life all wrong.
    Eh, so have I--just not by farting around people. I do it in more offensive ways.

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This season is not a disappoint. Wow.
    evilfunnystuff... totally neat but dated trailer! season 5 definitely had me thinking over
    the "regs" laid on the meatpacking industry. was this pure anarchy? i really think we do
    need a few just so we are not given a bait and switch like what we saw at the end of S4!

I really hope the whole season isn't about the cannibals though.

I really hope the whole season isn't about the cannibals though.
    Speculation - the first half will be about the cannibals and Morgan's story, with some stuff about Beth and the hospital. In the comics, the hunters don't have a real long story.

The second half will be about the hospital and Beth's story (Emily Kinney is credited in 5 episodes, most in the 2nd half, but IMDB credits can change often).

Somewhere in there will be a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    So if Bob was bit by a walker in that leg, the cannibals may have saved him by amputating that leg... Are we going to have another Herschel situation?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So if Bob was bit by a walker in that leg, the cannibals may have saved him by amputating that leg... Are we going to have another Herschel situation?
    I don't think he will make it, simply because there are so many cast members now. In the comics, he (Dale) lived a couple more days in the church, but the TV show can be a lot different at times.

The 2 speeches in the last episode with Rick/Carl and Abraham, people said were straight from the books.

I wonder if Beth's still alive.
    One thing that is a little off is the seeming lack of concern over Beth, especially from Maggie and Daryl. You would think their primary goal right now would be finding Beth, instead of some of the other concerns, like going to DC.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One thing that is a little off is the seeming lack of concern over Beth, especially from Maggie and Daryl. You would think their primary goal right now would be finding Beth, instead of some of the other concerns, like going to DC.
    Why? They live in a world where they have all lost many people they cared about already. If somebody disappears like that and you find them later chances are they are going to have their face mauled off and they are a zombie or they are hanging from a meat hook.
    How? Gas is a limited resource, vehicles are a limited resource, food,water, energy is a limited resource. Its not like they can put out an APB or call the area hospitals.

I think its more accurate that they aren't overly concerned about her. Live in the now. If she shows up then Im sure they will be excited in the meantime there is no point dwelling on it.

Well he took off pretty quick after the hearse when he saw it.

Maggie seems to have a new attitude about things. She was not wasting any time wondering if Rick was going to come back for them in the train car. I think she just glad Beth is alive, and knows they will find her.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-21-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Why? They live in a world where they have all lost many people they cared about already.
    Sure, if somebody dies, then they get over it quick. But it's been pretty much SOP for them to search for and rescue comrades who are still alive.

Well he took off pretty quick after the hearse when he saw it.

Maggie seems to have a new attitude about things. She was not wasting any time wondering if Rick was going to come back for them in the train car. I think she just glad Beth is alive, and knows they will find her.
    Yeah, Daryl did jump back into the chase. Finally made some sense.

It's just that all of these speeches about "what do we do next" and "we should take this dude to DC" were glaringly missing any discussion of Beth at all. Potential Maggie thought bubble: "It seems like I am forgetting something, wish I could remember what it was. Oh well, let's go to DC!"

i'm feeling sorry for poor Bob. He is in a really dire place!!!!
    Somehow, i know i must be a fan, i cannot stop watching the
    show and i am currently playing Zombie Pandemic on FB & at
    its site. Its by a small Danish company & has a cool interface.
    its makers have happily played Urban Dead and Resident Evil.
    its cliffhangers like this that send me deep into games like this.
    i feel Carol is becoming a way cool character, almost Rick's equal.

http://test.zombiepandemic.com/free-...egameinfo.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    i'm feeling sorry for poor Bob. He is in a really dire place!!!!
    Somehow, i know i must be a fan, i cannot stop watching the
    show and i am currently playing Zombie Pandemic on FB & at
    its site. Its by a small Danish company & has a cool interface.
    its makers have happily played Urban Dead and Resident Evil.
    its cliffhangers like this that send me deep into games like this.
    i feel Carol is becoming a way cool character, almost Rick's equal.

http://test.zombiepandemic.com/free-...egameinfo.aspx
    I agree, Carol has become bad ass. She used to get on my nerves but I like her now.

I agree, Carol has become bad ass. She used to get on my nerves but I like her now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daryllickscarol-1382386871.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	3277

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast