Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    This is supposedly who he is talking to:

He is from the hospital, and he definitely knows Beth.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Noah_%28Season_5%29

Hmmm...interesting.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is supposedly who he is talking to:

He is from the hospital, and he definitely knows Beth.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Noah_%28Season_5%29
    Now we know.

WTF Daryl?? First you lose Beth, now Carol! Good Grief man, being your girl isn't looking so good right now. I bet he finds that guy ^^^and he tells him where Beth is but it doesn't look like we're going to find out next week.

And Cops, they're even $#@! during the Zombie Apocalypse.

One more thing, nothing good happens at Grady Hospital. If you ever find yourself there GTFO ASAP.

Pretty sure the alternative title for last night's episode was "Everybody Hates Chris AND Beth."

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    WTF Daryl?? First you lose Beth, now Carol! Good Grief man, being your girl isn't looking so good right now. I bet he finds that guy ^^^and he tells him where Beth is but it doesn't look like we're going to find out next week.
    I don't know... It looks like they're splitting up the story lines. Next week, it seems like they'll be following the Washington-bound crew. Maybe the week after that, they'll get back to Rick's team and put them on the mission to save Beth and Carol? Although, how much fun would it be to watch one of those cops try to have their way with Carol?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The people at the hospital kind of had a point about Beth always needing saving. It's all that ever happens with her. She would have been dead right outside the hospital if they hadn't saved her (again).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The people at the hospital kind of had a point about Beth always needing saving. It's all that ever happens with her. She would have been dead right outside the hospital if they hadn't saved her (again).
    Yeah, bless her heart, the unarmed guy that fell down the elevator shaft got away and she would've been eaten if it weren't for the cops.

Speculation and unconfirmed rumors are saying Beth is gonna die. Scott Wilson was seen on set again, which means there may be some flashback scenes with Hershel, and possibly attended a farewell party for Emily Kinney. That would contradict earlier clues, like she is credited in 5 of the final 8 episodes, but if she appears in every episode 4-8, that would be 5 of the first 8.

This is the imdb thread that gives a summary of the episodes 4-8:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/...read/236350661

It was posted before last night's episode, and for episode 4 is somewhat accurate. But you never can tell with imdb. Real spoilers get posted there, but also a lot of BS. Like if you see a photo of Emily Kinney with her throat cut, it's not from TWD, but an episode of The Following she did last year. They did the same thing with Norman Reedus- posted a frame from another movie he died in, Pandorum.

Also, a bit more solid that Noah is going to start a major plotline, where the camp in Richmond he said he came from is the Alexandria safe zone from the comics.

Fun Fact from Talking Dead: The hospital is a real (shut down) hospital in Newnan, GA.
    Last edited by CPUd; 11-03-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Speculation and unconfirmed rumors are saying Beth is gonna die. Scott Wilson was seen on set again, which means there may be some flashback scenes with Hershel, and possibly attended a farewell party for Emily Kinney. That would contradict earlier clues, like she is credited in 5 of the final 8 episodes, but if she appears in every episode 4-8, that would be 5 of the first 8.

This is the imdb thread that gives a summary of the episodes 4-8:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/...read/236350661

It was posted before last night's episode, and for episode 4 is somewhat accurate. But you never can tell with imdb. Real spoilers get posted there, but also a lot of BS. Like if you see a photo of Emily Kinney with her throat cut, it's not from TWD, but an episode of The Following she did last year. They did the same thing with Norman Reedus- posted a frame from another movie he died in, Pandorum.

Also, a bit more solid that Noah is going to start a major plotline, where the camp in Richmond he said he came from is the Alexandria safe zone from the comics.

Fun Fact from Talking Dead: The hospital is a real (shut down) hospital in Newnan, GA.

Thanks!

That's what I figured as soon as I heard him explain where he came from.

So I wonder if the group will still meet that motorcycle scout/recruiter from Alexandria ... erm, Richmond, I mean ... (I can't remember his name)

Found some deleted scenes from Season 2 box set. This is back when everyone didn't really get along well, and they cover up the kids' eyes when the walkers come around:

edit: some of those scenes were in the episodes, but were cut differently.
    Last edited by CPUd; 11-04-2014 at 04:13 AM.

Norman Reedus posted this to his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/normanreedu...type=1&theater

No comments yet on last night's episode?

It's about time! She has been trying to get killed since she came on the show.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 12-01-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's okay this time because she saved Daryl's life. If the bitch keeps it up, I'm gonna have a problem with her.
    Didn't you hear? Daryl is gay.

The world weeps for the heartbreaking loss of Dawn.

Tend to agree with this take...

I don't know what The Walking Dead's writers were trying to get at in the Dawn-Beth confrontation, but it did not work. At all. It required Dawn to make a dumb decision, which was irritating but keeping in her character, but it also required Beth to make an inexplicable, dumb decision of her own, and then tried to make us feel bad that Beth basically entered a lion's den and started poking the dumbest lion in there. I would have liked to mourn her, as many of The Walking Dead's most powerful moments are when its main characters die, but the nonsensical shallowness of the scene and the arbitrary, unnecessary death made it impossible. What a wasted opportunity.

http://io9.com/the-walking-dead-mid-...two-1665128603

Dawn didn't really make that decision to shoot, Beth triggered a reflex. Immediately after the shot, she realized what she did and started to freak out.

The scene where the other cop disarmed her before ending up getting pushed down the elevator shaft, this is where Beth learned how to bring out Dawn's true nature. He told her that her people deserve to know who they are working for. In the 1 or 2 seconds between when Beth stabbed her and Daryl shot her, both groups saw who she really was, and at least on that day, everyone had a choice to stay there or leave.

Beth turned out to be the complete opposite of Dawn, and she realized it during this moment:

Last edited by CPUd; 12-01-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Dawn didn't really make that decision to shoot, Beth triggered a reflex. Immediately after the shot, she realized what she did and started to freak out.
    Yep.

The "dumb" decision they were talking about Dawn making was when she demanded they hand over Noah after the prisoners were already exchanged.

For a season that started off with a great first episode I'm left feeling kinda "meh" with the seasons progression.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    For a season that started off with a great first episode I'm left feeling kinda "meh" with the seasons progression.
    I'm OK with it if some of the stuff from the last 3 or 4 becomes more important later, like they did last season with "The Grove".

Robert Kirkman was on the after show last night and said for sure that Daryl is not gay (because of all the questions the show has been getting about it), but there will be a prominent new gay character from the comics appear on the TV show for the 2nd half of the season.

Also, it was mentioned 2 times in the episode last night that Noah wants to go home to Richmond, so they are likely headed towards DC anyway.

Also, what is Gig Guy's RPF username??

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Didn't you hear? Daryl is gay.
    I ought to -rep you for that.

The Walking Dead Zombie Bowl Marathon Kicks Off This Sunday at 10AM/9c

Need an alternative to Super Bowl Sunday? Grab some wings and a machete and tune into The Walking Dead Zombie Bowl: the ultimate humans vs. walkers showdown featuring a full marathon of Seasons 1 and 2 on AMC. The fun kicks off Sunday, February 1 at 10AM/9c with Episode 101, “Days Gone Bye,” and continues throughout the day culminating in the Season 2 Finale, “Beside the Dying Fire.” So who needs football? Whether you’re cheering for Rick and the survivors or siding with the dead, AMC has a whole day dedicated to fans like you.

The Walking Dead Season 5 returns Sunday, February 8 at 9/8c on AMC.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...day-at-10am9c/

So, Tyrese died. Damnit.

Interesting quote I ran across from the actor...

I knew they had compromised the character. [Once you lie,] you’re inviting something on yourself. Bush and Cheney said, “Let’s go over there and say there’s weapons of mass destruction so we can do what we need to do.” There’s a cost for doing things like that. That’s why it was a little trippy for me [not because Tyreese spared Martin’s life]. You should always wrestle with whether to kill or not. You should be uncomfortable. I really don’t care if somebody thinks it’s soft. If you’re not in touch with your vulnerability, you’re not going to be an effective leader. You need a balance [and] to be in touch with your feminine side.
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...025928527.html

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So, Tyrese died. Damnit.

Interesting quote I ran across from the actor...

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walking-de...025928527.html
    The death of this character bummed me out more than the other recent deaths.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

That was a cool episode.

Interesting:

Lauren Cohan is the subject of novelist Jacob M. Appel's essay, "She Loves Me Not," in his essay collection, Phoning Home.
    She says Appel is her favorite author.

OK then!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

They keep playing on the comics with Glenn and baseball bats. Though Tyreese died on the show the way Morgan died in the comic, and Hershel died on the show the way Tyreese died in the comics. Same with Bob (Dale in the comics). If the show follows this trend, someone who is not Glenn will get smashed in the head with a bat. Maybe Glenn will be the one with the bat; there is already some foreshadowing that Glenn is getting ready to lose his $#@!.

The group of people who destroyed Noah's hometown may be called the Whisperers, their victims called them 'wolves' (we saw something about wolves was spray painted on a wall). What they do is hack the bodies in half and use the top half as camouflage while they travel inside large walker herds. This is why there were all those legs outside the fence, and upper halves in the vehicles. The heads have 'W' carved into them so they can tell themselves apart from real walkers, so they are wolves in sheep clothing.

They keep playing on the comics with Glenn and baseball bats. Though Tyreese died on the show the way Morgan died in the comic, and Hershel died on the show the way Tyreese died in the comics. Same with Bob (Dale in the comics). If the show follows this trend, someone who is not Glenn will get smashed in the head with a bat. Maybe Glenn will be the one with the bat; there is already some foreshadowing that Glenn is getting ready to lose his $#@!.

The group of people who destroyed Noah's hometown may be called the Whisperers, their victims called them 'wolves' (we saw something about wolves was spray painted on a wall). What they do is hack the bodies in half and use the top half as camouflage while they travel inside large walker herds. This is why there were all those legs outside the fence, and upper halves in the vehicles. The heads have 'W' carved into them so they can tell themselves apart from real walkers, so they are wolves in sheep clothing.
    Interesting, and explains some things. I'm going to have to read the comics one of these days.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Is it just me, or is Noah the new Beth? Useless and keeps getting other people killed.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just can't watch it anymore. They just keep dragging it on and on and on.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I just can't watch it anymore. They just keep dragging it on and on and on.
    The last episode was the most boring thing I ever watched---that and Boyhood.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast