Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    The last episode was the most boring thing I ever watched---that and Boyhood.
    agreed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's like, DO Something. Leave Georgia. Build an invincible megafort. Discover the cure. Do SOMETHING besides wander around aimlessly...and when they finally made me think they were on to something with Eugene, that turned out to be fake too. That about did it for me. Once Eugene turned out to be a fake, the show blew its last chance with me.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

The last episode was artistic, try to appreciate episodes like that.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    It's like, DO Something. Leave Georgia. Build an invincible megafort. Discover the cure. Do SOMETHING besides wander around aimlessly...and when they finally made me think they were on to something with Eugene, that turned out to be fake too. That about did it for me. Once Eugene turned out to be a fake, the show blew its last chance with me.
    They ain't goin' anywhere, we give them big tax breaks.

I've tried watching that episode twice and fell asleep both times. I don't even think I stayed awake long enough to see Daryl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

A hope in Washington will kill a many a dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    The last episode was artistic, try to appreciate episodes like that.
    That was not art. That was $#@! parading around as art.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By all indications, the rest of the season they are going to push the limit of what is the most messed-up stuff a cable TV show can get away with doing.

As close as possible to something like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1176252/

Really? That's all it took?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Really? That's all it took?
    That was the last straw. I had been irritated with the lack of progress of the overall storyline for over a season and was about to give up as it was when they introduced Eugene. Finally, I thought, after the CDC turned out to be no help, after the prison and little town went belly up, after building up Terminus for a whole season only for it to be nothing of consequence to the overall story, finally, there's that something to look towards. It revived my flagging interest in the show. But when I learned that Eugene was yet ANOTHER shameless plot device to keep me interested for another 3 episodes as they just trudged through Georgia more, I called it. I'm done. They are just going to wander around aimlessly, killing off characters here and recruiting new ones there (while never allowing anything to happen to Rick or his kids, of course--everyone else is fair game), indefinitely. It's just not interesting. Zombie slaying scenes alone won't do it for me.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

That was the last straw. I had been irritated with the lack of progress of the overall storyline for over a season and was about to give up as it was when they introduced Eugene. Finally, I thought, after the CDC turned out to be no help, after the prison and little town went belly up, after building up Terminus for a whole season only for it to be nothing of consequence to the overall story, finally, there's that something to look towards. It revived my flagging interest in the show. But when I learned that Eugene was yet ANOTHER shameless plot device to keep me interested for another 3 episodes as they just trudged through Georgia more, I called it. I'm done. They are just going to wander around aimlessly, killing off characters here and recruiting new ones there (while never allowing anything to happen to Rick or his kids, of course--everyone else is fair game), indefinitely. It's just not interesting. Zombie slaying scenes alone won't do it for me.
    see ya later.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

*shrug* If you don't like it, you don't like it. I can't say you're wrong, since there is no non-subjective assessments of such things. But I don't mind the track they're on (or the Eugene thing - which was in the comics, too, so it's not something they just made up to irritate you). I didn't like this first after-midseason-break episode - too boring and arty.

But I'm still into the show in general. It's still doing a great job of showing how things might really be in a post-Zombie-Apocalypse world, and as long as they keep doing that well enough to suit me, I'll keep watching.

IIRC, I heard somewhere that they anticipate there having been 12 seasons of the show when all is said and done. (And without giving anything away, if they do Nergal right, he should end up making the Governor look like a tame ol' pussy cat. Not to mention that something IS going to happen to one of Rick's kids, if they follow the comics in that respect ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-13-2015 at 10:34 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Eh, I liked it. But I'm kind of a loyalist-type, Maggie and Glenn annoy me--but I'm still interested in the other characters and how it all plays out.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I was never invested in the Eugene story line. I love the show and won't judge this season based on one lackluster show. I found the Terminus story terrifying and Kept me on the edge of my seat. Rick and his family are the main characters..why would they kill them when the show revolves around them?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I was never invested in the Eugene story line.
    Yeah, it was almost obvious that he was a fraud from day one.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They still call the zombies walkers, instead of using Zombie. Its like they are to scared to use the word zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    They still call the zombies walkers, instead of using Zombie. Its like they are to scared to use the word zombie.
    I think in the comics someone calls them zombies a few times. It's become a thing on the TV show to not use the word, so I doubt they will any time soon.

They are likely in production right now on the other show, working title is said to be Cobalt, and will be set in California:

Shooting is expected to start soon on a companion series set in the world of AMC's The Walking Dead, based on the Image Comics/Skybound series from Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.

The series will air during The Walking Dead's off-time, increasing the footprint of the massively successful drama and presumably AMC's bottom line.

But...what do we actually know about it? Not a ton so far, but with a spate of recent casting notices, much more than we did. Here's what we know...and chime in below if there's something we've missed, so we can add it to the list.

The pilot will shoot in Los Angeles, and apparently take place there as well.

The Walking Dead companion series for AMC is filming in California, according to a Redditor who received a notification that their neighborhood is being scouted for the project.

Filming for the spinoff had been rumored to be taking place in Pennsylvania, but even if that turns out to be true, it's possible they could shoot the pilot in California and then move the full series to somewhere less costly.

About two weeks ago, additional word came that it would be set in California as well.

Some details on the characters are out there from casting notices.

Back in September, we got our first sense of the series from some leaked casting notices:

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

More here: http://comicbook.com/2014/12/28/the-...e-know-so-far/

http://www.inquisitr.com/1713356/the...shooting-soon/
    Last edited by CPUd; 02-14-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

I've tried watching that episode twice and fell asleep both times. I don't even think I stayed awake long enough to see Daryl.
    Finally got through it, it was stupid and no Daryl.

I also watched tonights episode - they really could've made tonights and last weeks one show and it still would've been boring. I'm kinda mad they made Daryl eat a worm. Maggie (finally) seems upset about her sister - that was annoying. Next weeks episode holds some promise. Who left the water? Are they friendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Finally got through it, it was stupid and no Daryl.

I also watched tonights episode - they really could've made tonights and last weeks one show and it still would've been boring. I'm kinda mad they made Daryl eat a worm. Maggie (finally) seems upset about her sister - that was annoying. Next weeks episode holds some promise. Who left the water? Are they friendly?
    The guy at the end is the one who left the water, he said he was "a friend". He will likely take them to the Safe Zone.

edit: This is Aaron in the comic series, he seems like part of a neutral party between Rick's group and Negan's group:
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Aa...omic_Series%29

Last edited by CPUd; 02-16-2015 at 05:04 AM.

How about Carol? lol

"Oh, I really miss my husband. I'm basically the den mother, cleaning up after people. I was lucky to find this group to keep me safe."

Out of everyone there, she's the only one who's playing this smart. I mean, come on... The place is run by a congress critter, you know the whole damned place is wire-tapped!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    How about Carol? lol

"Oh, I really miss my husband. I'm basically the den mother, cleaning up after people. I was lucky to find this group to keep me safe."

Out of everyone there, she's the only one who's playing this smart. I mean, come on... The place is run by a congress critter, you know the whole damned place is wire-tapped!!
    "Is there a Junior League? I'm a people person." LOL

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the people in the safe zone are straight up, sorta the opposite of Woodbury. The guys who go outside the wall have dealt with walkers, but this group hasn't come across a lot of people, especially ones that show up with tanks chopping off heads. One thing that might be revealed in the next 1-2 weeks is that Deanna's group might be aware of a threat from other people, don't know how to deal with it, so that is why they brought in Rick's group. They will tell him about it when they are sure he will stay.

The girl who climbs the wall is most likely one of the Wolves who destroyed Noah's town.

Rick will take that place over, they may spend 1-2 seasons there. In the comic series, they are at the safe zone a lot longer than they were at the prison, and still are.

Their constant acceptance of gun control on this show is disturbing.

"Turn over all our weapons? Why sure, no problem."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Where is the priest? Did he die or flee and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Their constant acceptance of gun control on this show is disturbing.

"Turn over all our weapons? Why sure, no problem."
    I see what you mean, but private property and such...

It wouldn't make much sense to let an armed gang into your camp without disarming them.

That being said, they kept all of their knives and swords and Darrell kept the crossbow. Not to mention the house was loaded with potential weapons. Taking the guns seems kind of arbitrary.

On that note, though... How about Carol fumbling with her weapons? Perfect!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Where is the priest? Did he die or flee and I missed it?
    No, he was still around hiding in the background of some shots. Same thing with Tara.

I'm thinking one of the 3 guys Deana kicked out, took the gun that Rick hid in the blender (or whatever that was).

Also I probably wouldn't agree to be filmed, or at least I'd insist that Deana be on camera at the same time, and I interview HER, then she has to give me a copy of it.
    Last edited by Valli6; 03-02-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I see what you mean, but private property and such...

It wouldn't make much sense to let an armed gang into your camp without disarming them.

That being said, they kept all of their knives and swords and Darrell kept the crossbow. Not to mention the house was loaded with potential weapons. Taking the guns seems kind of arbitrary.

On that note, though... How about Carol fumbling with her weapons? Perfect!
    The writers are definitely portraying her character as the smartest of the bunch in this episode.

I just hope they kill that ex "congressperson".

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast