Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: **SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

**SPOILERS**The Walking Dead discussion thread

I thought I would start a thread for discussing the Walking Dead after reading the following thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-The-Governor

If anyone wants to discuss you can do it here or continue in the thread above. Just thought I would start it so that it would be safe to share spoilers.

“First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TV show or comic books?

This is a better thread for this question...

On the subject of the Walking Dead, does it drive anyone else crazy that they don't eliminate the walkers on the other side of a chain link fence with a spear, sword etc, right through the fence? You could stand there and do it for hours. Yet they just leave them there on the other side of the fence, waiting...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I thought the last episode confronted "preemptive strike" vs. "defense" so well!

Woodbury gearing up to attack, in the name of defense.. And the prison gang, having been attacked, willing to take up arms to strike back (t'rrists??).. and Andrea, the one willing to discuss diplomacy, being labelled as the traitor.. This last episode brought it all home!

And can't argue with the title..!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

On the subject of the Walking Dead, does it drive anyone else crazy that they don't eliminate the walkers on the other side of a chain link fence with a spear, sword etc, right through the fence? You could stand there and do it for hours. Yet they just leave them there on the other side of the fence, waiting...
    I was basically thinking the same thing. They can definetely kill off those walkers.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    TV show or comic books?

I would say either. Probably be best to note which one though when posting.

Speaking of the comics, doesn't the group have to deal with a group of cannibals stalking them as well as the Governor while they are at the prison?
    Last edited by shane77m; 02-26-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

It would be great way to kill boredom.

Yeah I've been wondering that for ages now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    TV show or comic books?
    Graphic novel, not comic book!

On the show I would like to see someone on a steamroller run over a herd of zombies. I think that would make for some good entertainment.

i've said that to myself every time they show a bunch of zombies outside the fence. i just want to take a spear or something and start poking them thru the eye, one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    i've said that to myself every time they show a bunch of zombies outside the fence. i just want to take a spear or something and start poking them thru the eye, one by one.
    Ya if they were well stocked on ammo and explosives, they could kill all the ones around, then make some noise and attract more. Do this a few times per day and you could significantly reduce the number of zombies in the area.

But eventually they would start piling up outside the fence. They would have to move the dead zombies.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You want to limit your exposure to enemy scouts and unknown living groups. The prison fence has got to be several miles long. You have to spend hours killing zombies and even more time disposing of the bodies. Burning corpses draws attention and so does leaving them pile up by the fence. Plus that is just that much more exposure to disease. This, of course, is all in the logic of the fiction.

The reality is that the producers need to constantly remind of audience of the zombie threat.

Imo

Before the season ends, tyreese kills the governor. Hershel dies. My predictions.

Also, Morgan is reunited with the group next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Imo

Before the season ends, tyreese kills the governor. Hershel dies. My predictions.

Also, Morgan is reunited with the group next week.
    Tyreese is executed by the Governor in the canon. Since he's not part of Rick's groharup in the TV show, he may do as you say.

Hershel can't die - he's two characters now since they killed off Dale (which was not canon)

Morgan is likely reunited soon, perhaps next week. Only problem is his son is probably dead.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

It seems that the writers of the show are taking Merle through a change. Or it could just be him trying to survive. Maybe they realize that Darryl is a hit with the audience so they are trying to make Merle more like him??? His and Hershel's conversation about the Bible tends to make me think they are bringing Merle to a redemptive phase in the story. Perhaps they may have him lay down his life for the group???

I hope they don't end this season on a cliff hanger.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    It seems that the writers of the show are taking Merle through a change. Or it could just be him trying to survive. Maybe they realize that Darryl is a hit with the audience so they are trying to make Merle more like him??? His and Hershel's conversation about the Bible tends to make me think they are bringing Merle to a redemptive phase in the story. Perhaps they may have him lay down his life for the group???

I hope they don't end this season on a cliff hanger.
    I can almost guarantee you they will end the season on a cliffhanger.

I think the scientist is going to play a role in the governor's death.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    I can almost guarantee you they will end the season on a cliffhanger.
    Ya, that's going to suck.. October is a long ways away..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

trivia question tonight, which tv series set a record for 16.9 million viewers for a single episode

What drives me crazy about this series is knowing that everyone is carrying the illness, so how come some people can die of a single scratch, while others can get their leg chewed off and survive?

and by the way, thanks for the spoilers alert. I "tivo" my episodes so I can watch at my convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, that's going to suck.. October is a long ways away..
    Yeah but there is Breaking Bad in the mean time.

Chain linked fence + spears=zombie solution

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    What drives me crazy about this series is knowing that everyone is carrying the illness, so how come some people can die of a single scratch, while others can get their leg chewed off and survive?

and by the way, thanks for the spoilers alert. I "tivo" my episodes so I can watch at my convenience.
    It doesn't effect everyone in the same way.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    It doesn't effect everyone in the same way.
    Yeah, we keep telling ourselves that. I suppose that the zombie fluids can cause some kind of toxic shock that kills people too. Some people may have a stronger immunity to hold the infection at bay. Others could be right on the verge of turning and even the slightest interruption in their immune response could trigger death.

I also wonder what is it about the zombies that keep them from trying to eat each other? Is it the smell of the infection? Cause I remember early on some of the survivors covered themselves in the zombie parts. But then, if everyone is infected, how can the zombies tell the difference between those that are dead and those that are alive? Maybe once the infection takes over, it smells different to them?

In one of the earlier episodes Rick and Shane were on a run and came across a fence. Rick intentionally cut him self and it set the walkers off.

I think they can "smell" the live blood in you vs smelling "death"
    in the other zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunink View Post
    In one of the earlier episodes Rick and Shane were on a run and came across a fence. Rick intentionally cut him self and it set the walkers off.

I think they can "smell" the live blood in you vs smelling "death"
    in the other zombies.
    Yeah that is what I think too. It's just somehow the smelling death keeps them away? I guess because it masks the smell of live blood. That begs the question, why isn't the prison and the town draped in zombie carcass?

I have been wondering how that in season 2 when Shane broke Randal's neck, how zom-Randal was able to walk around.

Quote Originally Posted by shane77m View Post
    I have been wondering how that in season 2 when Shane broke Randal's neck, how zom-Randal was able to walk around.
    Maybe 'coz he was a zombie ... ?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast