Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RudysReadingList.com: November 30th Money Bomb

Lightbulb RudysReadingList.com: November 30th Money Bomb

For those of you wanting another money bomb before December 16th:

Trevor made this site: http://www.RudysReadingList.com

I helped w/ graphics and will be helping to make banners w/ the RP artist clearinghouse meetup. I'll come back and post them here later today. If you would like to pledge go to the site. It is not meant to detract from Teaparty!
    Theresa
    Suffolk County Long Island NY

RUN PAUL RUN!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the post, but sadly this is just going to bring on another flame war..

RudysReadingList.com was made in repsonse to hundreds of passionate email requests to move up the donation date. But they were not alone, there were also hundreds of requests not to change the date. No one should be able to force the other to their will, and ignoring those who want to donate earlier would be a type of force. I can only offer choice and free will as the solution.

This is my final thought on this issue and it is an excerpt from the email that is going out today..

"I would like to add one additional thought for us to consider. There are well over 100 million adults in this country who have not yet donated to Dr. Paul. Many of us feel donating on one day will detract from the other. I argue that rather than thinking about cutting up the pie in smaller pieces, we should simply make the pie bigger. The “limited wealth” mindset may seem more rooted in reality, but it is actually untrue and defeatist in nature. If we want to have abundance we must envision it, believe in it, and take action to achieve it. The truth is the money is there and we need only convince more people to support Dr. Paul to be victorious. Please think about it, and thank you for all of your efforts. "

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfShannarah View Post
    Thanks for the post, but sadly this is just going to bring on another flame war..

RudysReadingList.com was made in repsonse to hundreds of passionate email requests to move up the donation date. But they were not alone, there were also hundreds of requests not to change the date. No one should be able to force the other to their will, and ignoring those who want to donate earlier would be a type of force. I can only offer choice and free will as the solution.

This is my final thought on this issue and it is an excerpt from the email that is going out today..

"I would like to add one additional thought for us to consider. There are well over 100 million adults in this country who have not yet donated to Dr. Paul. Many of us feel donating on one day will detract from the other. I argue that rather than thinking about cutting up the pie in smaller pieces, we should simply make the pie bigger. The “limited wealth” mindset may seem more rooted in reality, but it is actually untrue and defeatist in nature. If we want to have abundance we must envision it, believe in it, and take action to achieve it. The truth is the money is there and we need only convince more people to support Dr. Paul to be victorious. Please think about it, and thank you for all of your efforts. "
    Trevor, who died and left you God of the fundraiser on December 16th? You do not own it and you never did. Yet, you seem to think it is your right to spam those who signed up for that event and attempt to convince them to direct their attention to this new event on November 30th. A whole lot of us have spent our own time and money promoting the Tea Party. You are not the unilateral "Decider". Please stop acting as if you are.

My understanding is that you are NOT the owner of the tea party website. I certainly hope the owner removes your permissions on that site. You have abused that privilege.

My understanding that he is the owner of the teaparty, 7 days to raise 5 mil, we can do this, positivity people, we got the power
    Alex Merced - A Champion of Freedom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HAYEKFORUMS.COM
    - Economics and Philosophy Discussion and Debate

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM
    - Libertarian Community and Discussion

Donate to Help Alex Merced promote Liberty Full Time

FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMerced View Post
    My understanding that he is the owner of the teaparty, 7 days to raise 5 mil, we can do this, positivity people, we got the power
    You think he owns the fundraiser? Surely that is not what you're thinking.

Perhaps you think he owns the website? Not according to this:

WHOIS information for: teaparty07.com:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... teaparty07.com
    Creation Date........ 2007-10-25
    Registration Date.... 2007-10-25
    Expiry Date.......... 2008-10-25
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 11-23-2007 at 10:04 AM.

either way, we were all talking about getting to 12 mil before the 16th before anyways, so let's get to 12mil on the 30th then focus ont he teaparty again

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Trevor's actions are reprehensible. If he keeps on abusing the Tea Party mailing list, he will likely kill the success of that fundraiser.

He has apparently gotten what my parent's generation used to call.... "Too big for his britches."

He has abused his power. His access rights to The Tea Party website should be revoked immediately, if not sooner. Before he does any MORE damage.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 11-23-2007 at 08:51 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What do you people want? To keep people from even knowing of the 30th?

Let people make up their own goddamn mind, and stop bitching about Trevor.

5 million my ass. If the 30th raises 5 million there is no ifs ands or buts that the TeaParty is DOA.

Get the campaign to $10 million on the 30th, far more than they ever could have dreamed of having at that point when they set the $12 million goal, and then please save your money for the 16th. This is not telling you when to donate this is an earnest request.

I respect the heck out of Trevor for what he has done in the past, but using the TeaParty email list to promote November 30th was way out of line.

Last edited by Cyclone; 11-26-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1town View Post
    What do you people want? To keep people from even knowing of the 30th?

Let people make up their own goddamn mind, and stop bitching about Trevor.
    Frankly, YES!!

Are you unable to donate without a themed-fundraiser with it's own website and little banners all over the place? Trevor's actions are killing the larger Tea Party fundraiser. He does not have that right.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 11-23-2007 at 09:04 AM.

People have the liberty and free will to decide which days they want to donate.

People can also judge which posts are mature and which are immature.

Last edited by Cyclone; 11-26-2007 at 05:04 PM.

The worst is the arguing that happens when advertising the Tea Party website. People are actively telling people not to donate on the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruehound View Post
    People have the liberty and free will to decide which days they want to donate.

People can also judge which posts are mature and which are immature.
    Yes, they do. The problem is that instead of just creating another web site and advertising his Giuliani fundraiser, Trevor is abusing the mailing list for The Tea Party fundraiser to promote this new one.

See the problem?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    What on this earth makes you think you can raise that much money? Do you have a crystal ball?

Besides, the issue is not how much we can make, but an absolute abuse of trust and power. It is deplorable. Trevor has someone gotten to think he can do whatever he wants with everyone else's work. He is being selfish beyond belief and losing all of our trust.

We are losing miles of momentum here and people have lost faith in advertising the website. We don't know what we are advertising. For all we know Trevor could add a few more.

We need the crescendo to build up on this movement and you are taking all of the steam out of it. Not to mention the amount of pain you are causing.

This is a total breach of contract. We have agreed in writing what this site would be for, and now Trevor is unilaterally changing the entire concept. We are losing tons of publicity as people no longer trust Trevor or the site and are refusing to mention its name. That hurts all of us.

I don't know where you got the idea that this entire project is yours and yours alone, but it is not.

You have proven yourself to be a loose cannon. I am very disappointed in you.
    Alex is on a very short list of people I either don't trust (I am not talking mole, I am talking either mole or severely lacking in judgement.) loose cannon is exactly the problem.

I honestly think the big influx of new people to the boards is great and 99% of them are awesome, but I have a severe problem with several who cruise in here in the last few months and 1) start criticising the forum (are you there, NPOTUS?)
    or start promoting things that undermine efforts that have had a lot of effort put into them, either from being noobs or intentional sabotage (hddn_agnda tops the list, pretty stupid name for a mole, but I guess he couldn't resist being clever)

Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    The worst is the arguing that happens when advertising the Tea Party website. People are actively telling people not to donate on the 16th.
    I'm yet to see anyone tell anyone not to donate on the 16th, when you say "we don't trust him", you speaking for everyone else as much as yo accuse him off. I trust Trevor, and I know I'm not alone in that. The momentum for the teaparty is still set and there still plenty of time to promote it and theres plenty of new people and more to come... I know me and many others are still just as motivated to give.

I'm just saying if you don't like it, fine, but don't speak for the rest of us, Trevor didn't speak for all of us, he spoke for those who wanted an option and it's better from him instead of waiting till 10-20 people cam up with a plethora of option like what happened right after the 5th.

Remember how everyone had there own site with their own bombs after the 5th, if the Teaparty site hadn't already been taken care of we'd still be arguing which one is legit.

He probably saved the teaparty by nipping it in the bud before people took it into their own hands.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Alex is on a very short list of people I either don't trust (I am not talking mole, I am talking either mole or severely lacking in judgement.) loose cannon is exactly the problem.

I honestly think the big influx of new people to the boards is great and 99% of them are awesome, but I have a severe problem with several who cruise in here in the last few months and 1) start criticising the forum (are you there, NPOTUS?)
    or start promoting things that undermine efforts that have had a lot of effort put into them, either from being noobs or intentional sabotage (hddn_agnda tops the list, pretty stupid name for a mole, but I guess he couldn't resist being clever)
    You don't trust me cause I'm willing to donate $100 twice? And defending a respected member of the board?
    Last edited by AlexMerced; 11-23-2007 at 09:19 AM.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Cyclone, I think I want to have your babies. Excuse me for the inappropriate way of saying you couldn't have said it better.

I've had a lot of freetime during the past few days and I was biting my nails waiting who would be the one trying to sabotage the 16th by sending a mass email about 30th. And it happened, and I ended banging my head on the desk.

I got my spirits high up in sky with the 5th but this division has been horrible to watch.

I don't like the division either, I just wish people could keepa positive attitude is all, plus to call his use of the mailing list an abuse would be to accuse Dr. Mercola of the same thing, I'm sure not all his reader signed up to be getting political messages, yet we applauded him for abusing his mailing list.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

These threads used to bother me but now I've noticed its pretty much three people.

Peace Out.

yeah, me literatim, and another, I want to stop posting.... but my youthful stubborness and my inability to just watch people chastize their own.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Oh for goodness sake people! You all are still at it?! Gees!

Look it is really simple- we're not going to come together on this issue. We're either going to agree or disagree. People have differing opinions- some valid and not so valid on either side of the matter. It is clear we are not going to come together on this.

Donate on November 30th or donate on December 16th or do both! It is really not hard to calculate.

Why is that so hard to understand?

And what's up with the trolls lately in here?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Folks, if this non-stop bickering continues, the effect will be to turn people against all appeals to donate and everyone will lose -- especially Dr. Paul and the cause of freedom.

Nov 11th didn't stop Nov 5th from being a huge success and Nov 30th isn't going to stop Dec 16th from blowing Nov 5th out of the water. Assuming, of course, that we can bring ourselves to stop bitching at our fellow feedom-fighters and get back to positive promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedasbach View Post
    Folks, if this non-stop bickering continues, the effect will be to turn people against all appeals to donate and everyone will lose -- especially Dr. Paul and the cause of freedom.

Nov 11th didn't stop Nov 5th from being a huge success and Nov 30th isn't going to stop Dec 16th from blowing Nov 5th out of the water. Assuming, of course, that we can bring ourselves to stop bitching at our fellow feedom-fighters and get back to positive promotion.
    amen

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMerced View Post
    You don't trust me cause I'm willing to donate $100 twice? And defending a respected member of the board?
    I don't trust you because you because of your bad judgement. It is possible that more total money will be raised with the two bombs than would have beenr aised with just one (although with the morale issues, even that is being thrown into doubt.

But let's say by doing the 30th also an extra million is raised. Since at this point we will never know what might have been, this is all just speculation and will forver remain so. But let's also say you get your wish and raise 5 million on the 30th, and that the 15th goes on to make 6 million.

Now, some people would think that's great because an extra million was raised. They have refused to address the fact that if this happens we will have cost the campaign $20 million in press that would have been gained with a $10 million dollar TeaParty. Gaining a million and getting a few more of the miilion two weeks early is a bad trade off.

Also consider that MOST AMERICANS are far more likely to be swayed by positive press than by a political ad. Most people are very distrustful of politicians and are very trustful (too trustful!) of the talking heads on the evening news.

With a huge positive press day, when the ads do run they are FAR more likely to pay attention and say "Oh yeah this is that guy who raised all the money and has more grassroots supporters than all the other guys put together" and actually LISTEN and let themselves be convinced. A few more ad buys is not going to compensate for losing this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedasbach View Post

November 11th came after the 5th. Big difference. The 11th also came into being strictly for the few who had a problem with donating on "Guy Fawkes" Day.

AFAIK, The November 5th email list was not used to promote November 11th. Very significant difference.
    Last edited by Original_Intent; 11-23-2007 at 09:43 AM.

If you think you need to donate before the 16th then just donate. You don't need a money bomb everytime you want to donate. We don't need Trevor to tell people when to donate. How $#@!ing stupid. Worst.idea.ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruehound View Post
    These threads used to bother me but now I've noticed its pretty much three people.

Peace Out.
    Quoted for truth. The revolution is bigger than us. Keep spreading the truth and promoting TeaParty07 with or without the 30th. The Bomb will be heard across the land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast