Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden: No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights, Facebook ?'s R Plants

Biden: No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights, Facebook ?'s R Plants

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Wrong Joe, I am both law abiding and I certainly care about my rights that are guaranteed by my Constitution and I am concerned that they are being infringed. $#@! you Joe!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I think he would do more harm to the country through complete incompetency than Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

It's true though. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Obviously not. What are we, potted plants?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Obviously not. What are we, potted plants?
    Something other than ordinary Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    If you define all who care as un ordinary, you define away the question. I'm not inclined to let him off the hook.

I think most assume the constitution is being followed and don't know it well enough nor know actual laws well enough to see how badly respect for the constitution has eroded in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    +1

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think most assume the constitution is being followed and don't know it well enough nor know actual laws well enough to see how badly respect for the constitution has eroded in DC.
    Another way of saying that is that they don't care about their constitutional rights.

Another way of saying that is that they don't care about their constitutional rights.
    No, just that they are distracted into not even realizing they are infringed or in jeapordy. being vigilent and caring aren't always the same thing.

I don't see where he labeled citizens as ordinary Americans any place at all in that skit. Heck, I'm usually the first one to point something like that out in a world where we are labeled...as well as fully accepting and participatory...in such language as tweeter, average voter, consumer, blah blah blah.

In his defense he did say American citizens and toward the end referenced them as law abiding citizens.

Slick editorializing on the part of the source.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-23-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    $#@! you Joe!
    My thoughts exactly. And I'm ready to start hearing the repress-the-government-tyranny argument from both sides of the aisle. I'm done with the statist argument that all I need is defense against a burglar or a recreational hunting or skeet shooting device.

Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. When their laws make criminals of law abiding citizens...

i agree. it is true. with the important phrase of "average american". the average american is a dumbass. WE here on this forum are not. we are the true exception. as long as they can fool the average american, we are forever $#@!ed in the ass with the NON freedom penis.

No, just that they are distracted into not even realizing they are infringed or in jeapordy. being vigilent and caring aren't always the same thing.
    They don't care, Biden is right about that.

Go to the airport and watch the "compliance shuffle" sometime. Watch what happens when some loudmouth like me starts raising hell about what is going on...terror: sheer, petrified terror was what I saw gazing back at me on more than one occasion.

Far too many of the 2nd Amendment folks were/are just fine with drone strikes/Gitmo/NDAA and all the rest.

We are a small minority of refuseniks, that government will eradicate once it thinks it has the chance.

Joe Sixpack would BBQ his kids if the "authorities" told him to.

Or at least if the authority in question was wearing the proper "blue" or "red" jersey.

Our great grandchildren (assuming any survive) will be sitting around waiting for the masses to wake up 100 years from now.

This strikes me as the new "argument" that the power elite/media are playing with their assertions.

It's not about the truth/falsity of their claims, about their efficacy or ability to achieve the goals they claim to address - it's all about popularity now.

There was an article in my local paper that went through a number of "current issues" and simply gave poll numbers of support for govt programs addressed in the State of the Union speech. It just said that like 65% of Americans support some form of gun control/registration, or that 75% support doing something to correct anthropogenic climate change.

This is the same tactic: "Ordinary Americans don't care, so I don't care, and you shouldn't care either." It simultaneously dismisses logic and reason while it urges the reader to conform to the majority will. It is also a prime demonstration of the horrible consequences of a democratic system where best practices, rights, and civility devolve into a mob-mentality that is easily steered by those who wish to control.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It has a term.

It is called "democracy".

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    This strikes me as the new "argument" that the power elite/media are playing with their assertions.

It's not about the truth/falsity of their claims, about their efficacy or ability to achieve the goals they claim to address - it's all about popularity now.

There was an article in my local paper that went through a number of "current issues" and simply gave poll numbers of support for govt programs addressed in the State of the Union speech. It just said that like 65% of Americans support some form of gun control/registration, or that 75% support doing something to correct anthropogenic climate change.

This is the same tactic: "Ordinary Americans don't care, so I don't care, and you shouldn't care either." It simultaneously dismisses logic and reason while it urges the reader to conform to the majority will. It is also a prime demonstration of the horrible consequences of a democratic system where best practices, rights, and civility devolve into a mob-mentality that is easily steered by those who wish to control.

Joe Biden says I don't need an AR-15? Why is that? Because he says so? Jeez. The elites trying to disarm the peasant class. Doesn't this all look familiar to anyone?
    They use force, to make you do, what the deciders have decided you must do. -- Eldridge Cleaver

Biden: No Ordinary American Cares About Their Constitutional Rights, Facebook ?'s R Plants

Most shouldn't have to worry about them.

If they were to find themselves elected to office they should certainly take an interest and bone up on the Constitution. I take it as the rules those that govern are meant to govern under. The rules for the Government. The foundation of the Country.

From there they might bone up on the Bill of Rights. My understanding is that is the first Ten Amendments that were made. I would think it important to understand those to insure your not doing anything to infringe on peoples rights.

If we had some in the government that took their oaths of office seriously most of us could grow and prosper without needing to give our Rights another thought.

We would have honest people looking out for us.

Like a Shield above us and covering our backs while we gave others a hand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I don't see where he labeled citizens as ordinary Americans any place at all in that skit. Heck, I'm usually the first one to point something like that out in a world where we are labeled...as well as fully accepting and participatory...in such language as tweeter, average voter, consumer, blah blah blah.

In his defense he did say American citizens and toward the end referenced them as law abiding citizens.

Slick editorializing on the part of the source.
    Yeah, I didn't see him say "ordinary Americans" in that clip.

He said,

"No law abiding citizen in the United States of America has any fear that their constitutional rights will be infringed in any way. None. Zero."

Really Joe? In any way? None? Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Humanae Libertas View Post
    Joe Biden says I don't need an AR-15? Why is that? Because he says so? Jeez. The elites trying to disarm the peasant class. Doesn't this all look familiar to anyone?
    It's a good thing I have an M-4 then.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

What are "constitutional rights"? The constitution is supposed to prevent the government from taking away natural rights.

There are days I wish I could just give politicians -Reps, and they meant something...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Well, in what sense? The average American commits 3 felonies a day, and I'm pretty sure that every single one of us breaks some kind of law on a regular basis. In that sense, nobody is a law-abiding citizen. In the sense that ordinary Americans don't care about their rights, he is wrong in saying that "absolutely none... zero" care about their rights. Some do. However, he didn't really use the word "normal", did he? He said law-abiding.

Although I believe his intention was to exclude only those who question the law, it is ironic that the real reason he was right was because he essentially excluded absolutely everyone from the law-abiding category.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 02-24-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saw/heard it immortalized on teevee:

Joe Biden, at a gun violence forum in Danbury, CT, near SandyHook Elementary:

"Let me say it now, in front of the press. No law abiding citizen in the United States of America has any fear that their constitutional rights would be infringed in any way. None. Zero."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-control-moral

If you define all who care as un ordinary, you define away the question. I'm not inclined to let him off the hook.

Obviously, whether he was correct or not is merely a question of semantics. His intent was clear. Those who trust the government's judgment in outlawing guns don't care about the Constitution. We don't matter.

Joe Biden:

...I say to my colleagues who will watch this and listen to this: if you're concerned about your political survival, you should be concerned about the survival of our children. And guess what? I believe the price to be paid politically will be to those who refuse to act.

Biden said America has "changed position" over gun control after Newtown. He said: "We should all know the American people are with us. We should know there is a moral price to be paid for inaction...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-control-moral
    No, I'm not telling people how to spend their time and money.

Still, y'all would do yourselves and America a better turn by marshaling your resources and mustering your ground game toward BLOCKING GUN GRABBER REELECTIONS in 2014 than pimping RAND PAUL 2016.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 02-24-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    i agree. it is true. with the important phrase of "average american". the average american is a dumbass. WE here on this forum are not. we are the true exception. as long as they can fool the average american, we are forever $#@!ed in the ass with the NON freedom penis.
    Right, 'cause if it was the freedom penis, then we would like it....?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhin View Post
    What are "constitutional rights"? The constitution is supposed to prevent the government from taking away natural rights.
    The BOR.

The BOR doesn't grant rights. The BOR is a list of things the government can't (in theory) legislate because it would violate natural rights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast