Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Know The Exact DOW High.How Do I Profit Most Effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    If I had to guess the DOW low I'd guess 1750.
    An avg of $58.33 ea ? or 14.5 gallons of gas ea .... ? interesting.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is a guess in that it's the midpoint of two groups I follow but with something added.So it wouldn't surprise me if it was correct.This thread got me thinking about increasing my silver to gold ratio a bit.What is the 'proper' ratio?16:1 or the Roman 12:1?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The financially literate among us think that you are placing a poor bet against the Federal Reserve's proven willingness to directly support the stock market index for PR purposes. There will be a crash, eventually, but not as long as the massive artificial supports are in place.
    They will not prop it up forever. They will decide when they can collapse. It will not continue forever as is. Not possible.

LibForestPaul

I will post my predication that I will not act on. end of 2014, major corrections, all down. serious layoffs. small riots(no dead).

How have your plays on your expectations for the economy paid off so far?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Why don't you go post it so we can compare post-hoc once the crash comes. (Nobody is going to take your word for it anyway so this is just a test of whether you've got your head stuck up your ass or not.)
    Because making that information public would make the crash come earlier, resulting in a major grandfather paradox that screws up the space-time continuum and causes the whole universe to be swallowed by an omniscient purple dinosaur.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 11-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

If I also knew about when, I'd probably just load up on deep out of the money put options just before the peak.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 11-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.

I always thought (and still think) that Bitcoin is Satanic and an invention of 'them' to circumvent Gold/Silver.Now I know that salvation is by faith alone and you can't lose it,I lost my Libertarianism and my romantic need to 'fight' or at least not to partake.I doubt Bitcoin will be adopted 'as is' but you're not a fool if you buy some just in case.I have food,I have the means to purify water.I have Gold and Silver.If that all goes,I still have eternal life.Doesn't seem bad to me.

I sold when the dow was at 15,545.....now nearly 16,000. So my timing could have been better.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I always thought (and still think) that Bitcoin is Satanic and an invention of 'them' to circumvent Gold/Silver.Now I know that salvation is by faith alone and you can't lose it,I lost my Libertarianism and my romantic need to 'fight' or at least not to partake.I doubt Bitcoin will be adopted 'as is' but you're not a fool if you buy some just in case.I have food,I have the means to purify water.I have Gold and Silver.If that all goes,I still have eternal life.Doesn't seem bad to me.
    Oh brother.

Let me just say that everything that you have written in this thread, as far as I can tell, is wrong. You do not know the Dow high, you do not have any remote idea of the Dow low, there is no mystical gold-silver ratio, and Dow is not an acronym.

I can't say anymore or I cause myself problems.I have roughly 65% of my wealth in houses,25% cash,10% PMs.I was thinking of shorting housing with my spread betting company (I'm British) but maybe you people have thought of something I haven't.Some of the more financially literate among you might be able to say: Do this and this and that etc.
    Screw shorting that's only dollar for dollar. If you know the high and when its going to happen become an options trader. You might just as well leverage the crap out of your opinion and cash in since you're so sure of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nobody knows exactly what the DOW will do and when. Many who thought they did have lost money. (as a check, try to apply your theory to past history and see if they match up but also be aware that things never repeat exactly).
    That's the problem with charting this monster. We've never seen this type of monetary BS ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    I will post my predication that I will not act on. end of 2014, major corrections, all down. serious layoffs. small riots(no dead).
    There will always be someone dead. Heck someone will die over Thanks Giving getting trampled by other shoppers to save a few bucks on a TV.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Oh brother.

Let me just say that everything that you have written in this thread, as far as I can tell, is wrong. You do not know the Dow high, you do not have any remote idea of the Dow low, there is no mystical gold-silver ratio, and Dow is not an acronym.
    There briefly was a fixed gold/ silver ratio- back when we were on a bimetal standard and both prices were set by the government. Since prices have both been free to float- no there hasn't been a "natural" ratio.

http://d1w116sruyx1mf.cloudfront.net...oSince1968.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    There briefly was a fixed gold/ silver ratio- back when we were on a bimetal standard and both prices were set by the government.
    Ha, ha, yes. But as long as we are nit-picking, it was actually a tri-metallic standard!

Any answers welcome
    Unless you know just how low it will also end up, you only have half the info you need.

But buying a LEAP put on the Dow is one of the simplest things you can do to profit and/or hedge.

I always thought (and still think) that Bitcoin is Satanic
    Sure.

If I got into a time machine, went back to the Middle Ages and brought a digital calculator and showed someone of that era how it can conjure answers to difficult arithmetic problems instantly, I am pretty sure they would call the calculator a Tool of the Devil and I would be a prime candidate for the stake.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12